How many anti-bfr people have ever certed in BFR?? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma and Marsman. The Dynamic Duo.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Have you certed in BFRs??
I'm anti-bfr and yes I have 14 35.00%
I'm anti-bfr and no I haven't 11 27.50%
I'm pro-bfr and yes I am 6 15.00%
I'm pro-bfr and forgot BFR after the nerf 1 2.50%
I'm pro-bfr and no I'm not 8 20.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-12-23, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

How many anti-bfr people have ever certed in BFR??

I'm just curious becuase I haven't talked to anyone yet that got to feel the awesome power of the BFR yet still wants them to be nerfed... But there could be someone out there...
Old 2004-12-23, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Neutral
Old 2004-12-23, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

I should have put that in the poll :/
Old 2004-12-23, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sabinius
First Sergeant

I'm anti-bfr, but wanted to try it out anyway
it suckzored, uncerted after one day

If you push hard enough, it'll fit.
Old 2004-12-23, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Neutral
ditto.

I think they're good for the game but they can really ruin a fight for us sniping/spec assault people.
Old 2004-12-24, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
DeepStrikeck
Sergeant Major

You gotta use it for more than a day. BFR's really suck until you get Adv. I originally got the BFR just for the merrit and I was pretty anti-BFR. Once I got Adv. I found how fun it was too use an eagle/sentinal. Good times. I recommend that everyone who is anti-bfr to try it out until they get Adv.
Old 2004-12-24, 02:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I tried BFR, uncerted it the next day then decided to go for adv BFr...what a waste of time. I got more kills with my Cycler.

Old 2004-12-24, 08:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Yea ADV BFR is where the fun is to be had, being able to jump into battle, fire, then jump away while shooting is fun to me ^_^
Old 2004-12-24, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

To make sure I was not talking out my ass when saying I think brfs ruin gameplay, I made a brand new char, got it 10 cave hacks and br 11 in 2 days of casual play, certed bfr, went 82/0 and almost fell asleep playing.

Seriously, how can you stand using them? It was not particularly hard to avoid deci drops, there was pretty much no way to die as long as I made proper decisions and wasting everything that moved in front of me in seconds while remaining near-invulnerable made me sick.

I have not used that alt since. And it did nothing but convince me that they have no place in this game and just ruin potentially good fights.
Old 2004-12-25, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Nerzual
Private

I feel rewarded when I kill a BFR, you get so much exp. and they don't kill me more or less then other vehicles.

Nerzual: Indepth, theme by Stabbing Westward
Old 2004-12-29, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
juggalokilla
Sergeant

i agree that they do get pretty boring after a while. the other day i was 82-2 in my invader. the 2 deaths were from me trying to get to the terminal. once i got it, i cleared the courtyard or tanks, thank god there was few infantry, switched to burster attachment and cannon, cleared the air, repaired and was on my way.

they are pretty overpowered against vehicles whereas i could do that plus the unfair ability for me to be able to stand near the silo and swap between aa and av, jump., kill stuff, land switch, jump rinse repeat. after i got so many kills i just jumped it to max altitude and bailed it over a tower. i felt no challenge anymore.

i only use my invader now against other bfrs. if i want to take armor to the front lines, its a gunner varient or prowler which are more fun. I also rarely use it to attack troops. only target vehicles unless pedestrians shoot at me, then i have no choice. i have many times walked away from a troop battle to wait for a tank.

I am pro bfr but i think they shouldnt be involved in the infantry fight. they should be vehicle on vehicle machines. like they made the TR pounder so weak against infantry so they are only decently effective against what they are made for. Giving bfr's AI weapons promotes killwhoring infantry.

P.S. Sorry for teh long post.
Old 2004-12-29, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ridetehlightnin
Staff Sergeant

I think it's a damn shame that the BRFs were ever nerfed at all. It shows the negative attitude of the Planetside community. They meet a challenge, and even before trying to beat them, to plan out a way of defeating them, they all rush to the forums and go "Nerf teh BFRS!" If they had remained the way they were, we'd probably have a lot more TEAMWORK and SKILL back in the community. Sure, they were a bit overboard, but I think it's a shame that a tool that can make soldiers revert back to teamwork was just called by all the soldiers to be nerfed. People reading this may think, "Damn you, you BFR Noob!" Yes, I've noobed around in a BFR but I don't do it anymore. I thought it was a hell lot of fun/challenge having a battle with the original BFR.
Old 2004-12-29, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Nah, they were a tad overpowered when they cam out. Although the nerf bat must be pretty worn by now.
Old 2004-12-29, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ridetehlightnin
If they had remained the way they were, we'd probably have a lot more TEAMWORK and SKILL back in the community.
How much skill or teamwork was required to run around next to invulnerable with under 1-second ttk's on just about everything? Their armor/driver nerf was well deserved, and forcing them to use gunners first also sets them back into their place. When I first heard of BFRs I was imagining some large multicrew vehicle, not a 1-man flying prowler with higher survivability.

There is no skill requirement for BFRs, a little critical thinking is needed to avoid getting slaughtered by decis maybe, but in terms of teamwork the upper limit of bfr teamwork is standing next to some infantry with HA in case someone deci-drops.

Holding a tower reuires a good deal of skill, tactics and teamwork, so does dropping and taking a tower. 5 aircraft successfully downing 5 enemy aircraft in a straight-up dogfight requires a good deal of skill and teamwork, can you say as much for one solo flight varient launching itself 300m into the air spraying sparrow missiles everywhere? This is a game, and while it is a significant challenge to kill one such FV, it is not fun, nor is it balanced gameplay in the least. A lot of PS's mechanics are based around the idea that certs should not make you win - a br5 should be able to kill a br20/cr5 - you just become more flexable with time. Now how does a 8-cert behemoth that can kill scores of people without breaking a sweat and then run away, while launching itself 200m into the air, as soon as it is <66% HP fit into this game?

BFRs had their nerf more than coming, I am glad they did take them down to a sane level. I wish they could bring back all the people who left through sheer frustration with said noobbots, however it seems we will have to make do.
Old 2004-12-29, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ridetehlightnin
Staff Sergeant

What I'm saying is that BFRs, the original ones, broughta new challenge to the opponents. In order to defeat one, a squad would really have to work together, and think out how they are going to pull it off. That would have been fun. Also, instead of the nerf, people could have considered other things. This list would have helped the problem that BFRs were just everywhere, the only vehicle that was ever used -
-BFRS only availible to a certain BR/CR
-BFRS only availible after a lot more cavern captures, and with lots more XP in them.
-A player has to wait 2 hours and 30 minutes in between purchasing BFRs
-Adv BFR Merit: 300 kills overall, 50 in 1 hour.

Applying those to the original unnerfed BFRs would have seriosly brought some balance in, and would make any pilot a proud man, since they truly earned it. Also it would have been a fun challenge to get the imprinting if it was much more cave fights.

If forum whiners thought the above to be unacceptable, I'd the absolute PERFECT solution to the original BFR - Take away the shield + take away 10% of armour. The thing worst about them was that it took a poplock on one nme BFR shooting for 5 hours with decis to destroy it. The weapon critirea staying in place would still make it a special thing, but it's dureability was OTT.

All In all to you people who can't read, here's what I think - original BFR aquiration for the original unnerfed BFR should have been made a lot harder to get, as with the merit. If not that, shields+10% of armour should have been removed from the original BFR to balance things out. Instead of all that, the forum whiners destroyed something that could have found a cooler place in the game.

Last edited by Ridetehlightnin; 2004-12-29 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Wanted to rephrase something
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion