Fighting for PS2! RU community petition to SOE. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When lakes attack....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-11-02, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Fighting for PS2! RU community petition to SOE.

Really sorry to hear you guys are having a bad experience. I think the McDonalds franchise comment hit the nail on the head. The franchise contract should clearly stipulate quality assurances that the franchisee should give so that the level of service between the parent company/franchiser and those they hand out franchises to appears as a seamless and homogeneous offer as apposed to a lottery of good service/ bad service depending on your location. Failing to do that would be like shooting yourself in the foot as poor service damages the brand as a whole.

Old 2013-11-02, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Babyfark McGeez View Post
Man, a good thing you don't sound like an asshole there. Also nice that you magically know the nationality of hackers on eu servers.
It's a fine line but I walk it well.

The Russian gaming community has a far greater percentage of hackers than any other nationality this is something honest Russian players readily admit and have done so for years its a culture difference they don't see it as doing something wrong. There are of course plenty of hackers on all sides but it is harder to police the tide that Russia brings. Happens in all online games.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-11-02, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Phreec
Corporal

I support this!

Russian/cyrillic population getting their own local hub is a win/win situation for everyone. Less language barriers causing trouble in teamwrok and less of the RU stereotypes on EU/US servers.
Old 2013-11-02, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
CrtmN
Private

Its is true. Ping Miller < Ping Ru-Server
I agree with the author.

Last edited by CrtmN; 2013-11-02 at 04:12 PM.
Old 2013-11-02, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sidonium
Private

Innova is not able to perform up to expectations. Worthless localizer. I totally agree.
Old 2013-11-02, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
CATERPILLAR
Private

Thumbs up Re: Fighting for PS2! RU community petition to SOE.

+001
Old 2013-11-02, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Maidere
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Phreec View Post
I support this!

Russian/cyrillic population getting their own local hub is a win/win situation for everyone. Less language barriers causing trouble in teamwrok and less of the RU stereotypes on EU/US servers.
Because all Germans and Frenchies have perfect english, amirite?
Also, I will realy appreciate if Russians who register here only to post "+1" will stop doing it. I think we allready understand that all RU players support this letter.

Last edited by Maidere; 2013-11-02 at 04:07 PM.
Old 2013-11-02, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
It's a fine line but I walk it well.

The Russian gaming community has a far greater percentage of hackers than any other nationality this is something honest Russian players readily admit and have done so for years its a culture difference they don't see it as doing something wrong. There are of course plenty of hackers on all sides but it is harder to police the tide that Russia brings. Happens in all online games.
See, when you word it that way it allready sounds way better. And i agree to a point. I still believe the idea of seperating players by countries is kind of against the basic philosophy of playing on the net, especially when the (still) majority of non-cheating russian players evidently have just a nice ping to miller as to a russian server. I loved it back in late PS1 when i was in a squad with people from all over the world.
And the whole outsourcing of customer service is also something i don't particulary like. Because in most cases it means a worse customer service for the players (like apparently this seems to be the case here).

Someone has to ban the hackers anyways.

Edit: The reason i originally looked around in this thread was the funny sowjet style pic in the OP anyways. So, yeah, nice hehe.

Last edited by Babyfark McGeez; 2013-11-02 at 04:16 PM.
Old 2013-11-02, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Locke
Private

I dont think I have ever heard of a successful case where a MMO has been signed to a "partner" where there haven't been these sorts of problems (maybe WOW or did they run their own?).

I guess there must be a cost saving for SOE not to run local servers and a small team in Europe/Russia/China but when the game population of some of these countries is on par or larger than the US one you do have to wonder why they dont put more of an investment into growing international markets rather than flogging it off on some media company.

Edit: Given Prosiebien actually do seem to have some sort of community representation recently but there are still numerous problems with the EU client users (not the least of which is not being able to buy some market place stuff)

Last edited by Locke; 2013-11-02 at 05:09 PM.
Old 2013-11-02, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Howareu
Private

everyone know what innova is a jerks
Old 2013-11-02, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Shapic
Private

+1
Looks like ru ps2 team has no esteem. No promotions, not even a single howto guide. Just lots of unstoppable zerg on indar, no participation in alerts etc. Btw only hackers which I met on Woodman were from Poland according to the language they spoke. For ppl from eu reading this: come on we are getting memory read error under ANY windows (even 7 and 8, I have not seen this error from win98 times) every time we try log off. Also we had voice chat not working for more than a month (welcome teamspeak raidcalls etc). Even now sometimes it stops working. Having beter ping to EU then to official RU server from Russia is just ridiculous.
Old 2013-11-02, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Maidere
Sergeant

I do agree that russians sometimes tend to cut the corners too much (or just do it ahead of the pack like it was in Global Agenda where they invented most of the abuses/exploits). And probably there are plenty of russian cheaters out there, more than german cheaters or british cheaters. Still making a ghetto is hardly a proper solution imo.
Old 2013-11-03, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
stalkerybr
Private

I agree with topic starter
Old 2013-11-03, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
ReCeDiV
Private

Innova does not work well. Sadly.
Old 2013-11-03, 10:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
almalino
First Sergeant

I'm Russian. Playing on Miller. Rented weapons sounds like a terrible idea. Innova, what are you doing? Please stop.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion