Dear SOE, Protips on how to make your game better - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Plug and Play
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2014-04-04, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Illtempered
First Sergeant

Dear SOE, Protips on how to make your game better

Major ToDos

-Scrap this whole new mission system until it is finished. It's a bad feature. It's not that hard to look at the map and see which base is next on the yellow-brick-lettuce. Stop holding our hands. At least give us the option to turn it OFF.

-Give us new land to wage glorious battle. It's been long enough. Give us Hossin.

-Connect the continents with your lettuce and give us some kind of intercontinental feel, like we had in Planetside.

-Make major facilities more defensible like they were upon release. They weren't the bases that needed redesign any way. I would say revert back, but I know you won't do that, so just stop messing with them. Increase their cap timers or something. The new AMP station designs are TERRIBLE and just make the base much harder to defend. Just what was your intention with this new design anyway?

-Make large outposts a little less defensible, only after the Major facilities are made more defensible. As it stands they are the super-fortresses, therefore most of the fighting happens there as stalemates are more likely. Lower the cap timer a little or something.

-Give less XP to uncontested caps. This is a no-brainer that should have been implemented since day one.

-Continue to improve performance and work on render distance of infantry. In large battles this dynamic rendering is causing way too much pop-up.

-Try to have a little more consistency in development. Right now we never know what is going to change from minute to minute, literally. You could download a patch, log in, then come back a few minutes later to download a hotfix. Releasing a new weapon, then making a major change to it two days later is bad development, especially when people are paying for them. Just about every single aspect of the game, since release, has had a major change, many of them unnecessary in my opinion.

-Stop with this sleazy marketing, trying to trick people into clicking upgrade buttons. Yeah we all know the game has to be paid for. I don't care what they teach in Uni Marketing classes these days. It pisses people off. What about people who just pay directly with SC? Should they be harassed into paying for a subscription? What's worse is when it appears as though they intentionally release weapons that are OP so people can't resist buying them, then finally get around to nerfing them once the cries are loud enough.

Minor ToDos

-Give us doritos back or the option for it. Many of us don't like or need these new IFF icons.

-Stop messing up the camos. We pay for these camos, and for some reason you just can't stop changing them, for the worse, I might add. What's the major malfunction?

-Fix in-game voip or remove it. It's terrible. Everybody knows it. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Our outfit just keeps ours turned off anyway and uses teamspeak. For new players it would be nice for them to have a decent setup. Why didn't you work with Ventrilo, or Teamspeak, or somebody else who actually knows what they are doing in the voice-com department? This point also may belong in the Major Todo category. It worked pretty well for the first few months, then has done nothing but steadily decline.

-Fix the ugly borders on the ocean. We used to have a nice curved horizon over the ocean. It was a very cool feature that I'd never seen in another game, and gave you the feel that you were actually on a spherical planet. Now it's just some ugly big straight line where the map is chopped off. With the Amerish update there are some very loud seams that show up in the ocean on the north side. Quality-control ftw.

Last edited by Illtempered; 2014-04-05 at 12:17 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion