Planetside NEXT on PC and ... ps3 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There is no PS fan site but PSU, and Hamma is its Admin.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-01-29, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Traak
Colonel

Re: Planetside NEXT on PC and ... ps3>

Oh, and I utterly despise gayme controllers.

Mouse and keyboard, probably buy a stick set for flying if I ever defile myself by being a pilot in PS.

In real life, I'm very ground-oriented, very tall, very heavy, and very much enjoy moving heavy objects. Strangely, I'm not a chubby-chaser. I just don't dig piloting anything airborne. I love the mouse and keyboard, and have even used two mice at once to fine-tune aim with two hands. Try that if you really want to try something different and have gigantic gobs of buttons to use, PLUS the keyboard. Set one mouse for very low responsiveness laterally, the other for very low responsiveness vertically. I still prefer one mouse and one keyboard, however.

And yes, to make a PC game retarded enough the average drooling console gamer can make the tough choice between his rubber teething rattle and the the dumbed-down game ruins it for the PC.

Two words: Deus Ex. One of the best games of all time for PC, Deus Ex sequel was among the worst in history, because it was designed for all platforms.

However, as I said in a separate post, being able to hop on via a good smartphone and play PS would be great, IMHO, but there are probably gobs of disadvantages to that that I just haven't thought of.

Mouse, keyboard, and that computer that is the reason I have shabbola car are gaming, to me. Not some dorkadelic controller so Stephen Hawking can play the game too.
Old 2011-01-30, 12:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
MgFalcon
Captain

PS3 could never work, please read this... http://robertsinclaire.com/2009/04/1...console-vs-pc/
Old 2011-01-30, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Hamma
PSU Admin

Pretty elaborate article.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-02, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
demise14
Private

http://www.destructoid.com/all-futur...3-106558.phtml

Quite possible...
Old 2011-02-04, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Alrix
Private

i like the idea of having the game on PC and PS3, but because planetside is pretty dependent on densely populated servers, unless they can play together (like i believe Final Fantasy 11 did) i don't think it would be a good idea.
Old 2011-02-15, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Valverde
Corporal

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
I hope that very soon we see PC, PS3 and 360 games all playing in the same online space.
We already do. With Final Fantasy Online or PSO/PSU.
Old 2011-02-15, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Valverde
Corporal

Not trying to be a buzzkill at all but as far as these articles go unless I see it stated on SOE's website or their MMO Subtitles I usually don't believe it.

Now on the flip side. Is this possible... Heck yeah. Think about it this way. Most of All the current working( as of 2011) and future working MMOs all list PS3 gameplay. Example: DCUO, the Agency, Everquest 3, I believe Everquest 1 is on console as well but I can't remember. So is it far off that they would make all future MMOs on console, No.

Now as far as Xbox 360.... Since SOE is owned by Sony, I highly doubt it. The PS3 and the PS2 have enough of a market to not worry about 360 viewers. Plus the idea that Microsoft and Sony would work together other then with building computers is slim to none. Plus that I know of the PS2 is still the top console on the market to date. Many places have listed this information from IGN, Joystick, Gametrailers, G4 and so on.

In the end I can see all future MMOs of SOE going to console. But with one warning, believe nothing unless you see it listed on their sites, because like all contracts people lie to lure you in.
Old 2011-02-15, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Hamma
PSU Admin

I just hope PS is not among those with a Console variant.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-02-15, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Warruz
Sergeant

The issue i have always had with multi platform games especially ones that you are in the same world(Pc playing with Ps3) is one always holds the other back for one reason or another. Be it Graphics or expansions or limitations by the console. I mean hell look at something simple like TF2 they had all these issues pushing updates on one console and then the other console has no problem while the PC obviously would and did have no issues.
Old 2011-02-16, 06:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Valverde
Corporal

Originally Posted by Warruz View Post
The issue i have always had with multi platform games especially ones that you are in the same world(Pc playing with Ps3) is one always holds the other back for one reason or another. Be it Graphics or expansions or limitations by the console. I mean hell look at something simple like TF2 they had all these issues pushing updates on one console and then the other console has no problem while the PC obviously would and did have no issues.
Yeah that is true. I know Microsoft has there stuff usually written in C++/C/C# with most of it concentrated on C#. But that I know of and as fair as I have heard the PS3 since it is fundamentally Linux only is written in two of those languages which is a plus in editing code or debugging. But I completely agree with you there is always something they can't do as far as patches because it is on a console.
Old 2011-02-17, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
TRex
First Sergeant

Re: Planetside NEXT on PC and ... ps3

My concern is that they dont make the requirements to play ps:n too high on the pc , I simply can't afford it at this time. My pc runs most games ,ps included fine. In this respect I just hope soe dosn't shoot themselves in the foot by making it too advanced .
I remember ps1 in 2003/4 and there was such a variety of experience in the game, dependant upon fps, bugs,connection speed etc before you even entered the whole balance issues, game developement, and lack of character progression started to really kick in.
A lot of these have been addressed with merits , the windows patch and so on , albeit at the cost of server merging over time.
I don't have a PS3 , and I hope there isnt a port for it for ps:n , but in many ways I hope they take some pages from Blizzards book and make the game accessible to more by not making it too next:gen .
Original ps dosen't have great graphics , but it still does the job. Re-skin it , new engine , advertisement , more variety and developement would make me happy for now.
Old 2011-02-17, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Valverde
Corporal

Re: Planetside NEXT on PC and ... ps3

Originally Posted by TRex View Post
My concern is that they dont make the requirements to play ps:n too high on the pc , I simply can't afford it at this time. My pc runs most games ,ps included fine. In this respect I just hope soe dosn't shoot themselves in the foot by making it too advanced .
I remember ps1 in 2003/4 and there was such a variety of experience in the game, dependant upon fps, bugs,connection speed etc before you even entered the whole balance issues, game developement, and lack of character progression started to really kick in.
A lot of these have been addressed with merits , the windows patch and so on , albeit at the cost of server merging over time.
I don't have a PS3 , and I hope there isnt a port for it for ps:n , but in many ways I hope they take some pages from Blizzards book and make the game accessible to more by not making it too next:gen .
Original ps dosen't have great graphics , but it still does the job. Re-skin it , new engine , advertisement , more variety and developement would make me happy for now.
The truth is they need to redo the station launcher, also on many of the mmo patch screens they need to not force Internet Explore. I do not use it and never will so the fact it loads it drives me nuts.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion