Checking your six in aircraft? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: #1 source for STD's
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-08, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Synapse
First Sergeant

Re: Checking your six in aircraft?

Mirrors:

Old 2012-06-08, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
LegioX
First Sergeant

Rearview mirror would not be gamebreaking. You can give people all the options in the world for a aircraft, but you cannot teach them how to fly/handle it.
Old 2012-06-08, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SVoyager
Contributor
Corporal

Good ideas from Wayside there! I wonder if the engine can do that. I am thinking abit like in tribes ascend where the doombringer can see his target from the screen mounted on the gun. (I think its the first time I saw some live images being showed like that. Usually that was more static, generic footage, nothing actually live. Quite cool).

Here is the link to the video I was talking about:

http://youtu.be/onvySU5NkFo?t=35m30s 00:35:30
and another shot at
http://youtu.be/onvySU5NkFo?t=1h54s 01:00:54

That sounds about 180, 90 left 90 right. Its a bit short indeed. Its better than nothing of course but the way the cockpit is designed, I doubt we will have more angle on it, hmm. Wonder if this is still open for changes in dev.

Last edited by SVoyager; 2012-06-08 at 01:55 PM.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
LegioX
First Sergeant

Man i wish they could push that view back just alittle bit more so we can see more behind us. I just don't understand the concept of not letting people who fly alteast look somewhat behind them. I mean it's one of the top #3 rules in dogfighting.....
Old 2012-06-08, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Pepsi
Sergeant

Originally Posted by LegioX View Post
Rearview mirror would not be gamebreaking. You can give people all the options in the world for a aircraft, but you cannot teach them how to fly/handle it.
Exactly what I was thinking. One of my favorite defensive maneuvers is getting the enemy into a scissors fight. You can't do that without knowing what orientation the plane behind you is in.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

To me the cockpits are designed to work well both air to air and air to ground. The problem I see is that these aircraft are not designed to be air to air interceptors. It would be neat if they could give us variants post launch where the cockpit is slid up the fuselage for better air visibility and another where it is slid further down the nose to increase ground visibility.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
kunzadar
Corporal

Or you could just fly a scythe and turn around and fly backwards when someone gets behind you.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
rekefant
Private

One thing people are forgeting is that actualy sticking in someones blindzone is quite hard, especialy when there are AA on the ground and other aircraft in the air, moreso maybe because f the 3 faction system.
If you get someone on your six, call your wingman or your ground support or another wing or just manouver so you can see him, wont be that hard to catch a glimpse.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Inverness
Private

Heres an idea, make it possible to cert for rear view and ground view camera additions for air vehicles. I imagine outfitting an air vehicle with an expensive spy camera and then flying over a base to take normal and thermal pictures (relayed to your squad on the map) so your platoon knows what to do or whatever.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
meiam
Corporal

Well the aircraft aren't plane, there helicopter. Slow, maneuverable, vertical landing/takeoff. So dogfighting will be along the line of 2 gunship trying to outmaneuver each other, it's pretty pointless to try to dogfight if the enemy can just go to a complete stop and do a 180 on a dime. I would so love to have actual jet in game.

back on topic, a camera on the plane backside doesn't seems like a stretch at all, wouldn't surprise me if the newer plane/helicopter had those already.
Old 2012-06-08, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I'm down with rear view and ground view cameras, cert or not. I'd be happy either way.
Old 2012-06-08, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
HoovesMcG
Corporal

All I can say is TRACK IR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE support this!!! Its incredibly easy to implement and adds CRAP tons of immersion!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
Old 2012-06-08, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by meiam View Post
Well the aircraft aren't plane, there helicopter. Slow, maneuverable, vertical landing/takeoff. So dogfighting will be along the line of 2 gunship trying to outmaneuver each other, it's pretty pointless to try to dogfight if the enemy can just go to a complete stop and do a 180 on a dime. I would so love to have actual jet in game.

back on topic, a camera on the plane backside doesn't seems like a stretch at all, wouldn't surprise me if the newer plane/helicopter had those already.
They seem quite a bit quicker than what you are saying. I seem to recall speeds over 300 kph (+180mph) in some of the videos.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion