Remove camping spawn buildings from meta game - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate or be banned. Just Kidding. Maybe.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-25, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Remove camping spawn buildings from meta game

I was just in a battle last night where the spawn camping went on longer than the real fight for the base. Just like i posted about earlier.

Awesome. I even have pictures, because I remembered this thread. The base had a spawn building on its parameter, where all the TR troops ( That I am with ) just sat outside with tanks, aircraft, engi turrets and rifles.

This is what Planetside has become in the search for speed? In other words, Arena and death match base layouts stitched together.

Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2012-10-25 at 01:25 PM.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Miir
Malvision

2 weeks left to fix this. Take spawn camping out of the meta game.
Old 2012-11-01, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Tamas
Staff Sergeant

Would be more fun if defenders would get an option to choose - spawn in the room of death, or hot drop in a pod.
Old 2012-11-01, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
Hamma
PSU Admin

Side note, I did see some newly designed spawn buildings that will be on Amerish that will help to prevent door spamming even more.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-11-01, 08:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Side note, I did see some newly designed spawn buildings that will be on Amerish that will help to prevent door spamming even more.
Winning
Old 2012-11-01, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Miir
Malvision

Cool... can't wait to try them out.
Old 2012-11-04, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Miir
Malvision

I haven't found much in the way of better spawns on Amerish. I did however find a nice bridge they added beside one of the towers to help make sure tanks can get to the same level to make camping the tower even easier.

Last edited by Miir; 2012-11-04 at 06:16 PM.
Old 2012-11-04, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Figment
Lieutenant General

I didn't see new building designs. I did see changes in layout and more obstructions in the vicinity of buildings. Also more use of high ground and terrain that slows down tanks.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-11-04 at 06:50 PM.
Old 2012-11-04, 07:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I didn't see new building designs. I did see changes in layout and more obstructions in the vicinity of buildings. Also more use of high ground and terrain that slows down tanks.
Well, terrain is major to balance an area in favor of a playstyle.

Havent played yet but did they add forests in Amerish to favor troops outside bases ?

The next step would be jammers. I always considered them to be the great equalizer in PS1 and I'm still amazed they are not in PS2.
(and just to avoid being discredited as a PS1 bittervet: the jammers concept also existed in BF2142 (along with shields that acted as doors on titans to structure the combat phases of its assault))
Old 2012-11-04, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
SixShooter
Captain

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post

Havent played yet but did they add forests in Amerish to favor troops outside bases ?

The next step would be jammers. I always considered them to be the great equalizer in PS1 and I'm still amazed they are not in PS2.
(and just to avoid being discredited as a PS1 bittervet: the jammers concept also existed in BF2142 (along with shields that acted as doors on titans to structure the combat phases of its assault))
We definitly need Jammers sooner rather than later.

Old 2012-11-05, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
Oh yes, but it'd help so much more if we didn't spawn in these one room sheds.

Higher tree density, but still quite open. The ridges are comparable to trenches in some areas though.

I believe only one class gets access to very expensive EMP grenades atm. :/
Old 2012-11-05, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Yesterday I was spawn camped in the Talwrch power plant like base about half way down the right hand side of the map, but the 3 upstairs exits with protective balcony walls made it difficult for all of the spawn exits to be covered effectively by the attackers. I broke out the NC sniper rifle and had a great time popping up and snapping off headshots (those engi's don't seem to learn that their heads stick out above their conspicuous turret shields). Larger spawn rooms with multiple exits definately a step in the right direction.

But being spawn camped in the smaller buildings is just misery; might as well not bother if there are tanks sat outside spamming shells....
Old 2012-11-05, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
evilsooty
Private

Agreed. The spawn generators were a much better idea. Perhaps they should be returned, but have them moved into somewhere a bit more defensible.
Old 2012-11-05, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

I try this crazy strategy when the spawn rooms are getting camped hard.....ready.....I spawn somewhere else...shocking I know.
Old 2012-11-05, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by VaderShake View Post
I try this crazy strategy when the spawn rooms are getting camped hard.....ready.....I spawn somewhere else...shocking I know.
Stop being a bad troll. Spawning somewhere else doesn't fix the problem, it just means you lost territory for no reason other than that the design of the building prevented you from making a stand and the camping will proceed once that group reaches your next outpost. Boring, frustrating and unsatisfying game play.

It needs to be adressed so that skill and objective achieving/thwarting are key to taking and holding territory, instead of camping.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion