Clans invited to play beta early! [Unconstructive whining will be deleted] - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: YOUR HOUSE IS BURNING
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-13, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Re: Clans invited to play beta early!

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I saw a few outfit that I had never heard or seen before. I think the First Platoon bit is a sampling of the MMO & FPS community in general, not just PS1 vets. Seems for first impressions they want a wide range of perspectives and not just the biased vets.
If true, this gives me great hope for this game. If they listened solely to feedback from the vocal minority of long standing PS1 vets, we'd be in trouble. Need to get that broad appeal for a larger playerbase. Kind of excited now!
Old 2012-06-13, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
Yet again a small invisible text here gives you a hint - PSU accounts are not bound to SOE accounts, so anonymity is at its best here, go figure what I mean...
That it's about integrity?
Old 2012-06-13, 12:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
DerFurst
Corporal

Misc Info

I don't care if Goku, Hamma, or Jesus himself is playing beta right now. All i needed to know is that we're in beta. BETA!
Old 2012-06-13, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
GTGD
First Sergeant

If anything this is reassuring news that some of the really glaring, important issues will first be taken care of by people who actually know what they're doing. Players who are at a competitive level such as those in the First Platoon will be able to see things they way they are actually balanced, rather than hordes of whining manchildren that complain when their shotgun can't take on a sniper at long range.

Plus, we didn't even know the beta was coming so soon (weeks) to begin with, and we'll all end up in the beta sometime soon. And tons of people at E3 got to play it first as well, some who post here, so if you weren't mad at them, why be mad now?
Old 2012-06-13, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

Good to hear something is going on and nice snooping whoever got wiff of the lead.

I will wait my turn but this could turn into a priceless popcorn thread anytime soon
Old 2012-06-13, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

I don't know about anyone else, I'm just far more happy knowing that there is a group of Planetside veterans play-testing the game and making sure it will be fun for us when we try it.
Old 2012-06-13, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Hermes
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Nephilimuk View Post
Good to hear something is going on and nice snooping whoever got wiff of the lead.

I will wait my turn but this could turn into a priceless popcorn thread anytime soon
That's some expensive snacking.

Seem's everyone's expecting flames... i'm pretty happy myself. Maybe because i'm too busy to play properly atm heh. So I probably dont count as representative of the general feeling.

Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-13, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

It is somewhat hilarious to finally see the beta starting and it's being met with screams of writhing torturous agony as many of us in the community aren't in it. lol
Old 2012-06-13, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

It is somewhat hilarious to finally see the beta starting and it's being met with screams of writhing torturous agony as many of us in the community aren't in it. lol
I kind of don't care.
SOE's just fucking with us, there is no Planetside 2.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-06-13, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
Mirror
First Sergeant

We should arrange some sort of community protest. Lets not bother playing beta once we get our invites.

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-06-13, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
Shogun
Contributor
General

i´m also surprised!
not a single serious trollflame so far

or goku has a fast triggerfinger and is modding half of the posts out

but folks, don´t forget to empty your trashbins and spamfolders now, and keep checking them daily from now on!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-06-13, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

>..> Does that mean some of my BRTD outfit playing right now!
Old 2012-06-13, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
DxC
Sergeant

meh I will still wait if other people get into it as there in a clan then /care just means it may start soon for everyone else? *fingers crossed*
Old 2012-06-13, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
bjorntju1
Captain

Hmmmmm interesting. Real beta can't be really far now!
Old 2012-06-13, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

We're going through a relapse of Planetside Addiction. Some of us have been off it for years, living normal lives, and then BAM!, Planetside 2 Beta, causing a semi-functional set of people to be reduced to this writhing mass before you, willing to give up their right kidney, left testicle, and donate the rest of their body to science for just one more fix.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams

Last edited by Geist; 2012-06-13 at 01:04 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion