Expanding Planetside.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Corrupting children all over the world......
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-15, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Err0r
Private

Lightbulb Expanding Planetside..

Hi,
Looking over the game, and the concept and the layout of it. I got idea that I think a lot of people would enjoy. To make a long thing short, have Planetside, but as World War 2. Think about it, one of the biggest wars this world has ever seen. On a system like Planetside. World War 2 weapons, vehicles, etc. you know. Have a map of Germany, Austia Hungary, Great Britian, you know what I mean. Wouldn't that be nice? Wouldn't you want to play it? Instead of having futuristic concepts, have it like World War 2. Like I said, just an idea that I think people would love, everything a World War 2 game fan would ever want.

Err0r-
Old 2004-04-15, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SuperSixOne
Private

how would u possibly explain the respawning...how could u get people not to have fast TTKs cuz itll never be accepted. How can you explain the quick transport exc.
Old 2004-04-15, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by SuperSixOne
how would u possibly explain the respawning...how could u get people not to have fast TTKs cuz itll never be accepted. How can you explain the quick transport exc.
In BF1942 and other games, do you die once and then are out of the game? No.
Old 2004-04-15, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
EarlyDawn
Major General

Are you serious? Did you seriously just suggest throwing the Planetside Universe into WWII?
Old 2004-04-15, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by EarlyDawn

Are you serious? Did you seriously just suggest throwing the Planetside Universe into WWII?
I think he meant Planetside Style Gameplay in a WW2 Setting.
Old 2004-04-15, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

No, there's enough World War 2 games out in the market to satisfy anyone looking for that sort of gameplay: Call of Duty, Battlefield 1942, etc.
Old 2004-04-15, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
EarlyDawn
Major General

Try World War II Online
Old 2004-04-15, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TF_Exit
Private

I heard WW2 online wasnt any good, has anyone tried it? If you have lemme know how it is please
Old 2004-04-16, 02:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Phaden
Contributor
Major

i have heard mixed things with it, but mostly good. You can do anything you want and there are actual leaders who cn be voted from power, wouldnt that be nice?
Old 2004-04-16, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I like the idea but, in a different game like some stand-alone expansion of Planetside. I think that the current Planetside is fun just as it is but, that would be cool to play also. I think this could kinda be like WWII Online only with better graphics.
Old 2004-04-16, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Acaila
First Lieutenant

I would like to see PlanetSide gameplay set in the future!
Old 2004-04-16, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Acaila
I would like to see PlanetSide gameplay set in the future!

Tell me your joking

= Crack addict
Old 2004-04-16, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

WWIIOL is more of a simulation than a FPS. Both sides have factories, they research (to unlock new vehicles and arms), etc. The playstyle is more deliberate than the typical base assault in Planetside. I've heard from others that setting up for an assault can take as long as 45 min to one hour, and that the air forces may loiter for longer in one area. I myself have never played it but Sturm has a good group of players there that could really answer your questions, if you're interested.

http://www.sturmgrenadier.com
Old 2004-04-16, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Err0r
Private

That world war 2 online game... Do many people play that? If anyone has played it before, tell me if it is good or not. They got rid of the demo -.-
Old 2004-04-16, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Err0r
Hi,
Looking over the game, and the concept and the layout of it. I got idea that I think a lot of people would enjoy. To make a long thing short, have Planetside, but as World War 2. Think about it, one of the biggest wars this world has ever seen. On a system like Planetside. World War 2 weapons, vehicles, etc. you know. Have a map of Germany, Austia Hungary, Great Britian, you know what I mean. Wouldn't that be nice? Wouldn't you want to play it? Instead of having futuristic concepts, have it like World War 2. Like I said, just an idea that I think people would love, everything a World War 2 game fan would ever want.

Err0r-
I admire your idea. But I would never want to re-enact such tragic years of terror and death. Any other war; but not WWII.

Last edited by AltaEgo; 2004-04-17 at 07:40 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion