Anybody want to subscribe a month to encourage F2P? (I'm itching to play) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: KHAAAAN!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2012-12-28, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
armedacorn
Private

Anybody want to subscribe a month to encourage F2P? (I'm itching to play)

Does anybody out there want to re-up one month to see if we can't get a little population going with the recent rumors? I would love to play this again, and would even put 15 down to see it go F2P soon. Heck, thats practically just a few beers at the bar...
Old 2012-12-28, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Re: Anybody want to subscribe a month to encourage F2P? (I'm itching to play)

Do it!!!! If we all sub just for one month maybe we can get some semi-large battles going on. Will show SOE people are still interested.
Old 2012-12-28, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
armedacorn
Private

Exactly, your previous post encouraged me... Now if only a few others agreed...
Old 2012-12-28, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
armedacorn
Private

I think Im going to. Even if just to have a hack-a-thon. Used to play as ArmedAcorn last, was LandMonster before that... usually VS but open to new emps. If you don't catch me on here, friend me on XBOX as Breather of Air... Lets lay some mines
Old 2012-12-28, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

I'm still subbed. Fights are lame though. Usually me plus a couple other NC versus a couple TR versus a couple VS (xoBLADEox, a hacker) and for whatever reason no one ever sets up a fight. Blade and the VS prefer to use cheesy tactics to gimp you when you're alone (MAX suits, hacks, etc) and then hack a base and run away before you kill them.

The only way for this game to get revived is if SOE will give everyone a free month, put reserves back, and lower the charge. Sign the petition: http://www.change.org/petitions/sony...nthly-charge-2
Old 2012-12-28, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Guys get on NOW! There's like 10 people fighting on Amerish. There is an open squad on TR. I just joined. There outfit is Russian Spec Ops.
Old 2012-12-31, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I find it funny that people are screaming how PS1 is so much better in every way than PS2, yet nobody plays it.

Anyway, topic: this wont get you far. Plenty of people tried to get folks into the game again before, even when the game had much more life in it. Yet, most failed.

You need to apporach large groups directly first. Get some outfits to commit for the cause, then post up everywhere to get peoples attention.

I would however wait. Wait for June, when we have our second planetside Day. Thats what got us to 5 Pop locked contients on the server at some point, it could return.
Old 2013-01-01, 04:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Huntsab
Sergeant

People are not willing to fork out 7.50 a month while its younger, retarded and deformed brother is free to play. If Gemini had more people I would sub in a nano.
Old 2013-01-01, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Atheosim
Captain

Originally Posted by Huntsab View Post
People are not willing to fork out 7.50 a month while its younger, retarded and deformed brother is free to play. If Gemini had more people I would sub in a nano.
I don't know what currency you're using but it's $15 USD over here. On all points, agree completely, aside from the retarded and deformed parts.

The entire point is that there is a bigger version of Planetside that people are actually playing. For free.

Who's going to pay $15 a month for the smaller version?

Also, we should consider the fact that PS2 needs a pretty mean rig to run. People with lower end systems might want to play PS2 but will settle for PS1 in the mean time.
Old 2013-01-04, 06:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
armedacorn
Private

I re-subbed and I am playing as either ArmedAcorns on VS, ThizGuy on TR, or ThattGuy on NC...
Old 2013-01-04, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Gunuko
Corporal

Originally Posted by basti View Post
I find it funny that people are screaming how PS1 is so much better in every way than PS2, yet nobody plays it.

Anyway, topic: this wont get you far. Plenty of people tried to get folks into the game again before, even when the game had much more life in it. Yet, most failed.

You need to apporach large groups directly first. Get some outfits to commit for the cause, then post up everywhere to get peoples attention.

I would however wait. Wait for June, when we have our second planetside Day. Thats what got us to 5 Pop locked contients on the server at some point, it could return.
The reason no one is playing ps1, is mainly because when ps2 came out everyone logged off to try the game, and when people would try to log into planetside 1, no one was online. So they logged off, and the game server pretty much died because of that.

When they put ps1 free to play online, TONS! of people will log in, if they pass around emails to past vets. Then once it gets put on steam, they might have to open a few new servers, but from what I read it doesn't cost them much to do that, so no big deal. I hope they do ps1 free to play soon, I love ps2 but my cpu just isn't cutting it and I cant afford to buy more parts.
Old 2013-01-04, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Romeo
Private

Yeah im also paying to see the game come alive again although seeing alot of different players on at different times. If we could attempt to possibly have a time and date in which we all can get on for at least a day and give SoE the heads up that we want Ps back im game and will be in as much as i can (R0M30, Tr is me)
Old 2013-01-04, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Do I even need to comment on how idiotic this is?

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2013-01-05, 06:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
igster
Sergeant

SOE won't make PS1 free to play. Not a chance.

Do you really think they will give anyone an incentive to stop playing their monetized expensive to develop sequel in order to play an older version of the game which provides no income stream?

And what effective said. PS1 has superior gameplay but just has very outdated graphics and gunplay engine. Both of these engines are first class in PS2 but unfortunately they don't get the gameplay they deserve.

People are only not playing PS1 because no-one else is - they are desparately trying to grind / farm kills on PS2 in the hope that the gameplay improves eventually.
Old 2013-01-05, 08:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
gunshooter
Corporal

Originally Posted by igster View Post
SOE won't make PS1 free to play. Not a chance.

Do you really think they will give anyone an incentive to stop playing their monetized expensive to develop sequel in order to play an older version of the game which provides no income stream?

And what effective said. PS1 has superior gameplay but just has very outdated graphics and gunplay engine. Both of these engines are first class in PS2 but unfortunately they don't get the gameplay they deserve.

People are only not playing PS1 because no-one else is - they are desparately trying to grind / farm kills on PS2 in the hope that the gameplay improves eventually.
What makes you think PS1 couldn't provide an income stream? There's plenty of mmo on life support being kept alive by their devs/publishers because they're still profitable even though they might be a shadow of what they once were.

A game that they could just leave there and forget about it with minimal development effort aside from implementing some monetization options would be incredibly efficient income.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion