Why me!?!?! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: BLARGH! "You Gotta Try Harder than that!"
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-16, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
PeregineDive
Staff Sergeant

Unhappy Why me!?!?!

I have been playing for a couple weeks now, and Planetside is awesome, I can't wait to get it. No complaints for one small, annoying as hell problem - every 10-20 mins the game will lag on me and then drop me to the Server Select screen. I can join right back in to where I was, still in squad. But this has pissed me off to no end!! Today, My squad capped 3(THREE)bases with heavy resistance from NC. The hack gets down to less than 2 mins, one time 30 secs, and then I lag. I can run around, shoot - but I can't reload or talk, then it drops me to server select. All three times it dropped me before I got the xp, i was soo pissed. I want to know WTF is happening! I have posted on the beta boards with no responses except from other people who this is happening too. I'm at the end of a rope, especially if this continues into retaill.... This has been happening to me since I started beta 2 weeks ago, I have no idea whats going on.

-PD
Old 2003-05-16, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

That sounds like your ISP dropping you. If you can move around but not interact with anything that means that your connection to the game is lost.

Check to see if your ISP has had outages recently.

My network was crashing a lot the other day and I had a similar experience.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-05-16, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

without a connection you can't:

*Reload
*Loose stamina, health, or armor, or MAX-battery. VS MAXes who are link-dead can fly REALLY high. WAY past the flight ceiling. It took me a couple minutes to come back down once.

But you CAN:
Run around, jump, shoot.

When I think I'm LD, I usually fire off a shot and try to reload. If it works, I'm fine. If not, I'm screwed.
Old 2003-05-16, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BlakkyZ8
Staff Sergeant

Well from past online gaming experiences I want to stress this... make sure there are no timers on your connection (ie. it wont disconnect you after a certain time) I know it sounds dumb... but it happened to me.

Visit The TR Elite Guard

Join The TR Elite Guard

TReG Pwnz j00 like a Car

Old 2003-05-16, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SweetTater
Corporal

Heh, I lost connection while I was in a Harasser on Searhus. I could run into anything at full speed and not do any damage. I drove to the top of the volcano and did a total Super Dave Osborne off the top. Buggy flipped over as it fell, landed on the roof, bounced, and ended up back on its wheels so I could drive away.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion