A sad story: by yourusernameisbad - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thats a whole lotta gun
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-12-16, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
blaziuz
Private

Unhappy A sad story: by yourusernameisbad

There is a faction that nobody ever plays, a faction cursed and condemned by Higby himself.

This faction is called the terran republic. The beginning of the TR was fun, while we were still led by total biscuit, the only functional terran general. But after that… was hell. After total abandoned us to die by the edge of a forceblade, we were led by a man called buzz cut. He was a ruthless tactical genius, capable of commanding any force, however large. However, his mouth is what killed us. He spewed racist insults out of his mouth like rockets spew out of scarred mesa sky dock. He would condemn any jewish or female member in the army. His methods were less than perfect. He led the terran republic straight into their end. His horrible reputation spread far and wide, to the vanu devs in the east, to the new conglomerate devs in the west and to the now unemployed terran devs in the north. First was the saron. It’s rain of hell spewed fury into any tank capable base, throwing spears of instantly killing fire at any object in it’s path. Only when the new conglomerate devs snuck in code did the saron get nerfed. The terrans cheered and fought as ruthlessly as ever… little did they know that their ever desired peace would come to them in a way they would never expect. After the saron was released, buzz cut and his endless legions finally faded. There was no more enclave. There was no more buzz cut. There was no more legion. The terrans fell into disarray. You could never expect to be healed or given ammo, let alone repaired. You could never expect anyone to play the objective. But we still had numbers. And we had crack troops like 903rd legion, the honeybadgers and many others. We survived off of small outfits and randoms for the longest time. Then… Goku arrived. Goku is a vanu outfit designed around the entire engulfment of the vanu, unifying them into one. Goku’s numbers grew and grew… to the point where a hundred hundred men would be in this one outfit. They had done it. All of the vanu were a single outfit. As goku continued with their numbers game, the terrans found themselves being pushed back constantly, their players changing into other factions extremely often. There was a time where we tried. The new players eventually started to all play vanu or NC. The old TR players switching over ever constantly. Now and then, you may find pockets of terran resistance. We will never be the same, and we will never be as strong as we once were. The next time you are the only one playing the objective, frustrated and burning with rage. The next time you hear that oh so familiar voice say “you have failed the republic!” to you, say “no, the republic has failed me.”

Anyone feel it?
Old 2013-12-16, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
OCNSethy
Major

Re: A sad story: by yourusernameisbad

Not fighting like TR!

Well, I dont sense this on Briggs, at least.

Im sorry you are disheartened but Ive been playing this game long enough to know that its full of ups and downs... our time will come again
Old 2013-12-16, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
blaziuz
Private

Originally Posted by OCNSethy View Post
Not fighting like TR!

Well, I dont sense this on Briggs, at least.

Im sorry you are disheartened but Ive been playing this game long enough to know that its full of ups and downs... our time will come again
Let me say it this way, Mattherson(our server) is everyhting is Hardcore for all the groups, and Vanu has POP, while on briggs everyone is less skilled but I dont know about POP. Seems like bragging but play on Mattherson for one day youll see what I mean.
Old 2013-12-16, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by blaziuz View Post
Let me say it this way, Mattherson(our server) is everyhting is Hardcore for all the groups, and Vanu has POP, while on briggs everyone is less skilled but I dont know about POP. Seems like bragging but play on Mattherson for one day youll see what I mean.
Im not too sure how to take that comment... so I'll just leave it on the ground to bleed a while.

Pops are fairly even, seems to me that very faction will have an advanage at some stage, on a regular basis.

Maybe you should take a break from Matterson for a while and slum it with your comrades on Briggs.
Old 2013-12-16, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
blaziuz
Private

I couldnt do that for I run the HNYB outfit which is 300+ members, and getting all them to move to a different server for a while would be horrible, and if we move the TR is basically dead on our server.
Old 2013-12-16, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
OCNSethy
Major

I couldnt do that for I run the HNYB outfit which is 300+ members, and getting all them to move to a different server for a while would be horrible, and if we move the TR is basically dead on our server.
I didnt mean your whole outfit... just you.

Think of it as a 'holiday'...
Old 2013-12-16, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
camycamera
Major

i am not on your server, so i don't know what to say, other than be glad that BuzzCutAsshole is gone. he was an asshole, and assholes don't belong in PS2.

once we were having a fight on youtube about PS2 vs BF4, and i "won", because i backed my arguments with evidence (he claimed the game was dying and that some servers were empty, and that there was no content coming, and that SOE was going to abandon the game), so he told me to send him my player stats on PS2, in which i did, and then he told me to piss off because i apparently did not know what the hell i was talking about because i had a "shitty KD/R" (yep, a K/D above 1 is so bad, and PS2 is all about the K/D, and it shows how good you are at the game, right?), in which he then blocked me.

ah, good times.

while on briggs everyone is less skilled
wait WAT
Old 2013-12-16, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Come to Connery.

The most competitive server in the game. We don't give a phuck about anything.
Old 2013-12-16, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Canaris
Contributor
General

please report to your nearest TR Commissar for political and motivational re-education.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-12-16, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
blaziuz
Private

Im not trying to be a douch'e when saying aobut the skill stuff, just pointing stuff out on my point of view, getting away from that fact, can we get back to the reason I posted this
Old 2013-12-16, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Old 2013-12-16, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Taramafor
Sergeant Major

Bound to be a few bad eggs on any side. But TRG never gives up, unless, you know, the numbers are vastly against us. But even then we will flank and draw lines and rally the troops. Others may flee (and who knows, perhaps they do. I've heard the phrase "Where are all the TR at" so many times) but we stand our ground. Case in point, enjoy the outfit and the other company you have and don't get worked out about how others might be ruining your side. My side is at TRG's, not the TR and no amount of bad eggs can change that. Bad game direction might though. Coughsnipernerfcoughcough.

for the republic!

Last edited by Taramafor; 2013-12-16 at 07:58 PM.
Old 2013-12-16, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
War Barney
Sergeant Major

It just seems to be how servers go, 1 faction is always on top and everybody rerolls to that faction. On mine its VS, their easy to use weapons mean every rookie joins them at the start then never switch, and the fact that almost every VS is in 1 outfit while TR and NC have people spread around makes it worse.

Sure TR and NC guns work well in the hands of a pro, its just not enough when any rookie can pick up a VS and slaughter people like an experienced player while our poor TR and NC rookies get slaughtered with their much harder to use guns.

Which idiot was it that thought making VS guns focus on being very accurate with no recoil while TR gets speed and NC hard hitting would work out? Even a child could tell them the VS would dominate as guns based on accuracy and no recoil = VERY easy to use right off the bat while TR and NC guns need a lot of practise to use properly.
Old 2013-12-16, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

It does seem like Connery is possibly one of the more competitive and balanced servers in the game. Still, the TR are still in the #3 slot. Its probably just a bit less of a gap.
Old 2013-12-16, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Verrijden
Private

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
VS guns focus on being very accurate with no recoil
I have always thought the NC weapons had the easiest recoil. Just my opinion.

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
It does seem like Connery is possibly one of the more competitive and balanced servers in the game. Still, the TR are still in the #3 slot. Its probably just a bit less of a gap.
I am very happy on Connery. I remember a time when TR was the high pop faction.

Last edited by Verrijden; 2013-12-16 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Combined double post
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion