Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does this look infected?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should cockpit view be forced?
Yes 287 77.36%
No 84 22.64%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-17, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Cockpit View - [Now Forced per Higby]

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I don't actually mind the idea of a cockpit. Just like I don't mind having the gun on screen for infantry, even though that restricts view as well. I dislike the bad, overly restrictive designs they universally share.
And if you were campaigning to have better designed cockpits then you wouldn't be running into so much resistance. What they've shown us is likely one of their earliest iterations. "Subject to change" would be an understatement. But you're campaigning to have toggle off cockpits, which effectively defeats the purpose of having the cockpit in the first place.

Because your window to the world is already restricted enough just because its on a monitor.
Why though? What reasoning is the base of this?

Example:
I like cockpit view.<---Cockpit views make flying an aircraft feel more like flying an aircraft, complete with the pros and the cons.<---Cockpit views are immersive.<---I like to feel immersed in the game world.

As you can see I like cockpit views because they make the world more compelling to me. I'm fond of being able to look down and see my feet for the same reason (and in the game).
Old 2012-04-17, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CutterJohn
Colonel

Originally Posted by Talek Krell View Post
And if you were campaigning to have better designed cockpits then you wouldn't be running into so much resistance.
I pointed out it was a really bad design and wouldn't care so much if it were less restrictive in my very first post in this thread.

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't such a crappy cockpit.

If it didn't block so much, I wouldn't mind having it, and you wouldn't feel disadvantaged leaving it on if there were a toggle.
Old 2012-04-18, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Talek Krell
Lieutenant Colonel

I pointed out it was a really bad design and wouldn't care so much if it were less restrictive in my very first post in this thread.
Right, but rather than vowing to convince the devs to fix the design you insist that it has to be removable. Which is an issue, because --V

If it didn't block so much, I wouldn't mind having it, and you wouldn't feel disadvantaged leaving it on if there were a toggle.
I would feel less disadvantaged, but that's a critical difference. Any given person has that competitive spirit. Any sensible person realizes that "doing your best" means "taking every advantage you can get, regardless of how small it may be". The combination of those two things can and does shoehorn people into cannibalizing their own enjoyment for a slight competitive advantage (see the grass) by making them feel obligated to "do their best" for the sake of their teammates, themselves, and even their enemies. That competitive spirit can be toxic sometimes. If you've any doubt of that just have a look at the elitist vitriol in some of your "allies'" posts in this thread.

Originally Posted by Kran De Loy View Post
Am I getting this wrong or is elfailo, Zulthus and Skittles aggressively agreeing with eachother?
I'd say failo and Skittles are clinging to whatever validation they can find. Are you sure you don't mean Sky rather than Zulthus?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion