*NOOB!* Downloading PlanetSide atm - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where chicks dig the backpack
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-12-27, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Jeffey
This could just be me speaking - but I didn't seem to notice much unity among my empire, outfit, or squad. I was invited into squads and I could hardly even find my squad members, much less execute attacks with them. People were just throwing invites to squads and platoons and outfits without much care at all, am I missing somthing?
A lot of coordinated teams will largely communicate via voice (Teamspeak, etc). If you have a pick-up squad in Sanctuary, check the outfit tags under peoples names (hit Alt-N until they pop up). That will tell you if you've joined a pickup squad, which could be led by a moron without a clue, or it could be a squad full of people from an outfit.

There are a handful of outfits on every server, every empire, that are well-known for their coordinated game-play styles. You generally WON'T find them broadcasting in Sanctuary for members (take that as you will). Yeah there are exceptions, but they happen very infrequently.

My recommendation is that you find a cohesive, active outfit that has been around for a while. As you're tooling around Sanctuary, watch for large clusters of people with the same outfit name. They'll probably be grouped up out of the way, with a group of vehicles or aircraft. It would behoove you to work with teammates for the first few battle-ranks, as you'll encounter a lot more experience (and XP) that way, which equals a faster progression - which allows you to obtain more certifications.
Old 2004-12-28, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
KeviN
First Sergeant

Saw you in-game last night Jeffey, here are a few quick tips:

Don't charge up stairs against multiple enemies a la Rambo, especially when you only have agile and medium assault. Leave that to the rexo / heavy assault guys, and then follow them up or down the stairs.

'A' and 'D' are your friends. Strafing instead of running straight forward in combat will help you an unbelievable amount. But don't get stuck strafing in one direction. If you get in extreme close quarters with an enemy, crouch and then jump / strafe. This works almost every time, as it allows you to keep the enemy right in your sights, but really messes up your opponent.

Finally, remember to keep a few spare weapons in your locker for when the base is hacked. That way you wont be charging at me with a suppressor.
Old 2004-12-28, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Looks like you have already gotten alot of help, but if you have any specific questions during the night you can toss me a tell. Looks like you aren't playing VS like me, but if you do a /who Majik you will be able to see if I am online. Been playing since release so I can answer most easy questions
Old 2004-12-28, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by GreyFlcn

I suggest 2 stacks of jammer grenades to replace 2 of those plasma grenades. Its more likely you will use them - they fry mines, screw up BFRs, disable implants and stop turrets and any vehicles from firing. (also right click items in your inventory to hotswap them to their holster quickly.)
Old 2004-12-28, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Grey what outfit are you in?

= Crack addict
Old 2004-12-28, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

I moonlight on TR Emerald KAAOS

But really I'm in VS Markov Bellum Aeternus
Almost got 3 BR20 characters in it
Old 2004-12-28, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
ChronoSphere
Corporal

Jeff,

Glad to see you pick up PS. Its a great game, and be warned, it can get addicting

The other folks are right, getting Teamspeak is a must, since all the major outfits use it. It's mandatory here, and trust me, it makes a world of difference when you're trying to get 30+ people working together.

Also, when you're comfortable with the game, try and find an organized outfit as others have said. It takes this game into a whole new level, and makes it a lot more fun. I probably wouldn't still be plays PS after a year if it wasn't for being in SG. If you have any questions about this game or anything else, feel free to PM me here or send me a /tell in game to ChronoSphere. I play Emerald NC, as does the rest of Sturmgrenadier
Old 2004-12-29, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Pretty sure the last time someone recruited someone from this forum, they were yelled at by martyr.
Old 2004-12-29, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by GreyFlcn
I moonlight on TR Emerald KAAOS

But really I'm in VS Markov Bellum Aeternus
Almost got 3 BR20 characters in it
Thought i saw you on the roster...

= Crack addict
Old 2004-12-29, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

what empire do you play?
Old 2004-12-29, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

I play TR, and sorry I got recruited in game by someone else =P Now, after a few days of feeling this game out - I LOVE IT! I'll be around for a while =)

But as I play on my noob questions keep coming, how do you make hotkeys and for what purpose. So far the only hotkey I have and use is med kits, but that was there when I made my character. Someone mentioned you use them for switching holsters - would there be a hotkey for switching the glue gun with my primary rifle for example?
Old 2004-12-29, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Actually there is none if it's in your pack

However the best seqeunce you can use is to setup

Escape, K, HUD, Toggle Inventory --- TAB

Then you can do:
TAB, Right Click on Glue Gun, TAB, 2

Switches it nice and fast when you get it going.

Tab, LeftClick, Tab
That drops items.
Old 2004-12-29, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

For fast item switching, imo the best way is changing the open inventory key to something like "f" or a mouse button, that way you can tap it, then right-click (this auto-equips) whatever you want to switch.
Old 2004-12-30, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Jeffey
Master Sergeant

Oh, I know about that, I mean the buttons down at the bottom, where med kit is put as F1, and theres multiple pages of empty buttons
Old 2004-12-30, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Oh that

Escape, K, HUD
Scroll all the way to the bottom and a little up
Use Quickslot 1

Set that to scroll Mouse down
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion