Playing PS on a laptop. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I like spoons...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-28, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Playing PS on a laptop.

I just got a laptop not long ago and I would like to play Planetside on it as well as my desktop. But when I installed Planetside on my laptop it worked fine until I had to start Planetside up then a window poped-up saying something about my laptop settings but I fixed it and then I launched Planetside logged in to my account and stuff and then it said I don't have enough RAM or something to run Planetside is there anyway I could set it up that I could run it or is my laptop just not good enough to run Planetside?
Old 2003-08-28, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Drinky
Private

I havnt a clue about laptops really, let alone gaming on a laptop, but I'd guess those that do would need the specs of your laptop.
Old 2003-08-28, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, desktops are just more powerful, period. In order to run planetside with average performance on a laptop, it has to be fairly new and very powerful. How much ram does your laptop have? I'd say you need at LEAST 512 mb of ram, and on a laptop with anything below 1 ghz it will run pretty sluggish.

BTW- I could help u out a bit more if you post ur specs
Old 2003-08-28, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Spider
General

Deathschyte is right :o

It has to be pretty new to run PS... so stick with your desktop unless you got a top of the line laptop.
Old 2003-08-28, 03:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
CaptainBirdseye
Private

If the game is saying you do not have enough memory the answer is simple... U dont have enough memory so go buy some.

It could be talking about the amount of memory on your graphics card however so be careful and read what it says carefully.

If however your graphics card does have enough memory to play than u need more RAM. Be careful before buying because laptops can sometimes be quite specific about what memory they will take.

Most laptops can take more memory but there locations vary. There is usually a small panel on the underneath of the laptop with needs to be unscrewed to put more in but ALWAYS refer to your motherboard manual and be aware to make sure you do not void the warranty. Some really cheap laptops dont let you increase the amount you have.

PS: if upon checking it is complaining that your graphics card doesnt have enough memory then our screwed!!
Old 2003-08-28, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Ok thanks, I'm pretty sure that I could add more RAM into my laptop cause its not a cheap one in it's really new too.
Old 2003-08-28, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
CaptainBirdseye
Private

Do you have the specs for it???
Old 2003-08-28, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

get the area51 labtop, it has a short battery time and costs alot of money, but its made just for playing games on it
Old 2003-08-28, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
nonentity
Private

I've got a 2.4 P4-M, 512Mb, Geforce 4 Go 440 (64Mb) laptop and it runs PS fine (high 120FPS, avg. 50FPS, low 10FPS), although the settings have to be fairly low.

Although there are some issues (see posts about laptop speed bug).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion