Gameplay: Naval battle system - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stalking devs so you don't have to.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-05-19, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MightyMan
Corporal

Lightbulb Naval battle system

This thing has been suggested a couple of times, but I wanted to share my version of this.
Basically,some or each of the continents would have a big lake/medium sea part in them which would have a base or two in them.
Instead of tanks and infantry (which you could maybe drop off at the base, and replaced with amphibious tanks), you get battle ships, aircraft, perhaps submarines and speedboats with a base in the middle which collects fuel (I don't know how exactly would the resource collecting system work, so it would be nice if someone corrects me if I am wrong).
Some vehicles could be:
Speed boats- fast and fragile, can carry 2 troops, has some kind of rail guns/ light missile launchers and good for fast and cheap (yet again, I don't know whether or not the vehicles are purchasable for resources or not so correct me) way to move around in the water.
Battle ships- a strong ship with 6 big guns (4 missile, 2 rail), and perhaps 2 speed boats attached to it for troop transportation from land to base.
Amphibious tanks- I'm not too sure about it, perhaps floats on the water at a slow speed has a main cannon and a rail, and when it gets to base it becomes a regular tank, with some alterations (useful only if the base is flat and not a bunch of corridors).
As someone who would throw his cash at the screen even tough it's a F2P game, I think it would be nice to have an extra "battle dimension" other then ground and air.
Discuss (go easy on me, all of the information I know about this game is the one I saw explained in the alpha videos, and not really based on the first game). :c ool:

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault