Day Z: An ArmA II Zombie simulation mod - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bitches love me cuz they know that I can rock.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion

Old 2012-05-22, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
termhn
Sergeant

Re: Day Z: An ArmA II Zombie simulation mod

If anyone needs some help getting over the learning curve these are GREAT vids:
watch the first one before the second

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...otation_664267

You guys wanna just get together on skype or hop on someone's TS... if TS the DayZX server is pretty good: ts.dayzx.com:9999

Embrace the Shadows.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
atone
Sergeant

been playing this for a couple of days. very intense, unforgiving and time consuming (last point good for downtime til ps2 ).

Has anyone tried playing during night yet? Server time dictates time in game so if its dark where the server is its dark in game and DARK IS DARK. you literally cant see anything but stars. if you turn up the brightness and gamma in the options menu you can make out sky line. flares or flashlights(haven't found one yet) is a way to see but that also alerts other players and zombies to a degree. There's also night-vision but i haven't come across that either.

I have been doing okay. soloing most of the time but when I'm seriously wounded or out of essential equipment, I'm pretty much as good as dead.

i have found the Arma 2 controls to be okay. You have to do a lot of seemingly unnecessary juggling of equipment though I do like the ability to free look and aiming at oncoming zombies with there ludicrous speed, jerky animations and lag is a pain. But over all its been a fun/challenging game.
Old 2012-05-23, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

I think I've died more to falling off of ladders than anything else, but hopefully that's been fixed a bit in the latest patch.
Old 2012-05-23, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
duomaxwl
Captain

I've been trying to have fun with it, but when I get into Elecktro I get like 15-22ish FPS. No idea why, my rig isn't horrible. Glad I haven't run into bandits except one in the wild, I probably wouldn't be able to fight them with that bad fps.
Old 2012-05-24, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
termhn
Sergeant

Originally Posted by duomaxwl View Post
I've been trying to have fun with it, but when I get into Elecktro I get like 15-22ish FPS. No idea why, my rig isn't horrible. Glad I haven't run into bandits except one in the wild, I probably wouldn't be able to fight them with that bad fps.
Try joining a different server - I find the Chicago and Virginia ones are awesome Yes, the server can actually effect your local fps.

Embrace the Shadows.
Old 2012-05-24, 10:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
duomaxwl
Captain

Originally Posted by termhn View Post
Try joining a different server - I find the Chicago and Virginia ones are awesome Yes, the server can actually effect your local fps.
Yeah, I actually got on Virginia 08 last night, didn't have many people, and the ones on were chill, and it ran pretty good.
Old 2012-05-27, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
XPquant
Sergeant

QUANT has been spending a lot of time in this mod and all I have to say is WOW. Considering that this is an alpha Day Z has no where to go but up, it is a little buggy/clunky but once you get into it there is no going back. The simple challenge of surviving is so deep and addictive. Go watch a video right now.

If you need help starting out or are frustrated, I would be glad to help, you just need ventrilo and to join: quant.typefrag.com Port: 29448
Old 2012-05-27, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
termhn
Sergeant

After the new update I just tried US12 and MAN IT IS QUICK! Try joining that up you should be in game in less than 2 minutes Also the new update is sweet! Hatchets, lootable skins (camo and ghillie suit), female characters...

Embrace the Shadows.
Old 2012-05-28, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Its a great game and very fun a lot better then some games I payed for in the past.

Guide for noob bandits.
1. Watch other noob run in town and get loot
2. Stand outside said town
3. Shoot said noob in the head when he leaves town
4.Take his loot
4. Repeat steps 1 - 4
Old 2012-05-28, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
termhn
Sergeant

Originally Posted by bigcracker View Post
Its a great game and very fun a lot better then some games I payed for in the past.

Guide for noob bandits.
1. Watch other noob run in town and get loot
2. Stand outside said town
3. Shoot said noob in the head when he leaves town
4.Take his loot
4. Repeat steps 1 - 4
Man I used to hate people like you... then I got better and was able to notice you guys and not get killed most of the time

Embrace the Shadows.
Old 2012-06-01, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Windmill
Private

Originally Posted by termhn View Post
Man I used to hate people like you... then I got better and was able to notice you guys and not get killed most of the time
Yea, unfortunately when the mod got popular the amount of jerks who would kill everyone they see increased a lot. Then, that made it so people who would otherwise be helpful kill others out of fear of being killed, themselves.

If this doesn't get fixed I think it will kill the mod.
Old 2012-06-02, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
WebCole
Private

Was playing this a month or so ago when there was only two servers (one EU, one NZ). Its been really quite satisfying watching it blow up like this, as it is such a deserving and uniquely executed game
Old 2012-06-02, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
duomaxwl
Captain

It's fun, but the performance is too varied for me to enjoy it. Some servers I log on and get 60fps, some I log on and get 8fps in the same area.
Old 2012-06-03, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

While I will be the first to admit I hate getting killed 3-4 times in a row by bandits, I don't think they will be the death of the game. Every time I get killed by a bandit I learn from it, and lets be honest without them the game wouldn't be half as intense if everyone worked together. Teamwork is amazing but only with the looming threat of bandit death around every corner.
Old 2012-06-09, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
bullet
First Sergeant

This game looks pretty interesting, but the controls, UI, and gunplay just look horrible to me. I saw a video where it looks like the shots take 2-3 seconds to register any damage. If this came out on a better/different engine, I would definitely get something like this.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > General Gaming Discussion