We needed to be merged - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WTF, I got wallhacked.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-03-02, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

We needed to be merged

As far as I can tell, there are only ever two modestly large "fights" at any given time, both on Indar, and very little else going on in the game on this server. The population feels low and finding consistent, long, rewarding activity is becoming difficult.

It's wierd actually, because I see the exact same situation play out every day on this server.

It goes like so,

- VS push west into Crossroads with, like, ALL OF THEM. Then they move to Xenotech then Regnant Rock then they split off and go to Vanu Archives and Peris. Often times they take Peris, but by that point most of what they took has been taken back or is being taken back. This push can last about an hour and then the VS just completely disappear for an hour or so, back into their Tarwich bubble. Tarwich gets passed back and forth once or or twice, then the whole thing repeats, (with varying degrees of westard incursion, but I've only seen the VS take HVAR once, briefly).

- NC push south/west down to the TR warpgate area, after the TR had pushed NC up the N/W into their warpgate area. Various levels of back and forth occur here, with a complete swing sometimes occuring in as little as 20 minutes. It's ALL very predictable, from the Amp Station /Tech Plant/Bio Lab fights to the small outposts, it's almost exactly the same all the time.

- The VS and NC rarely exchange land on the east side of the map. The both seem to prefer fighting the TR. *shrug* I guess we TR are that cool.

- The middle of the map oscillates from very low activity to extremely heavy activity, but the activity comes and goes very quickly. Perhaps 30 to 45 minutes of good activity at a time, with about the same amount of down time.

- The rest of the map some times gets used here and there, but almost always it's a large force stomping on practically no defenders when those areas are used.

Why does this happen, every day? The answer is very simple:

We do not have enough players on any side to make it logistically possible for one side to make, hold, and progress a front line against the other two factions. Thus, it's impossible to lock Indar, unless one side chooses to give up entirely. Note that I am referring to 5pm - 12am PST (server time) here, 7 days a week.

We need more people on Connery.

Ps. For the amount of people puttering around on them, Amerish and Esimir may as well not even be in the game.

Last edited by Tatwi; 2013-03-02 at 02:18 AM.
Old 2013-03-02, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Re: We needed to be merged

Also VS/NC by large have a cease fire which is getting very old.. Ill constantly see in /yell were NC/VS work together to take a base from tr then thank eachother later.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-02, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

We're one of the most highly populated servers. We definitely didn't need a merge. The reason people can't take Indar is because there's TOO MUCH opposition since that's the ONLY place people fight.
Old 2013-03-02, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mordicant
Sergeant

I never cease fire with those dirty purple scum.
Old 2013-03-02, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ghodere
Corporal

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
We're one of the most highly populated servers. We definitely didn't need a merge. The reason people can't take Indar is because there's TOO MUCH opposition since that's the ONLY place people fight.
People fight only on Indar because Indar is the only continent one can always find a fight on. Indar is the only continent with significant fights because there is not enough population to sustain fighting on two continents. If population were higher, losing factions would move off of Indar, as they would know they could find a fairer fight elsewhere.
People are reluctant to leave Indar because a lack of population ensures all else is boring scraps.

Connery may be merged. Higby has mentioned several times that he is monitoring the peak populations of Helios and Connery and, if merging them is unlikely to cause excessive queues, will most probably merge them. Doing the Genudine -> Helios merger first and waiting for populations to stabilize before performing any further merges is prudent.
Old 2013-03-02, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Connery doesn't need a merger, We're healthy enough to sustain ourselves. But with that said if they merge us with another server in the near future I don't see any problem in this, the Vanu probably need the population boost over anyone else.

Indar will never be taken (at least not anytime soon) not because it's the center of all combat , though that is a healthy factor, but because of bravado and Epeen. Terran Republic held the Continent for 2+ months solid and bragged loud about it despite the obvious advantages of the northern territories. It was so bad that it took a official NC and VS Alliance/Cease fire just to neutralize the continent and bravo to them for managing to work the logistics of that despite blood thirsty pub players. Forever glory to the faction who can break the Indar stalemate.

As for the "Repetitive" patterns of combat, the whole NC, VS, and TR hit the same places in the same pattern every day.... I don't see it? Not to say it's not there but I feel the battlefield is way to random, to many squads/platoons and organized outfits going after to many different objectives to say there's a pattern yet. FNO though on Connery is always the same from what I've noticed, every Empire fights to dominate Indar in full coordinated force
Old 2013-03-02, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by HereticusXZ View Post
Connery doesn't need a merger, We're healthy enough to sustain ourselves. But with that said if they merge us with another server in the near future I don't see any problem in this, the Vanu probably need the population boost over anyone else.

Indar will never be taken (at least not anytime soon) not because it's the center of all combat , though that is a healthy factor, but because of bravado and Epeen. Terran Republic held the Continent for 2+ months solid and bragged loud about it despite the obvious advantages of the northern territories. It was so bad that it took a official NC and VS Alliance/Cease fire just to neutralize the continent and bravo to them for managing to work the logistics of that despite blood thirsty pub players. Forever glory to the faction who can break the Indar stalemate.

As for the "Repetitive" patterns of combat, the whole NC, VS, and TR hit the same places in the same pattern every day.... I don't see it? Not to say it's not there but I feel the battlefield is way to random, to many squads/platoons and organized outfits going after to many different objectives to say there's a pattern yet. FNO though on Connery is always the same from what I've noticed, every Empire fights to dominate Indar in full coordinated force
I would like to point out that even after the warp gate rotation, it still took your silly NC/VS alliance a whole WEEK to neutralize the continent in the wee hours of the morning. :P
Old 2013-03-03, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Why can't I quit you Prowler Tank... lol
Old 2013-03-04, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
Also VS/NC by large have a cease fire which is getting very old.. Ill constantly see in /yell were NC/VS work together to take a base from tr then thank eachother later.
I can't say I have ever heard of this cease fire you talk about. More or less this alliance I keep seeing posted above. Nobody has ever made mention of this in command chat or just general game ./yell chat.

Last edited by Hmr85; 2013-03-04 at 11:11 PM.
Old 2013-03-06, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Neutral Calypso View Post
I would like to point out that even after the warp gate rotation, it still took your silly NC/VS alliance a whole WEEK to neutralize the continent in the wee hours of the morning. :P
We would've neutralized it in the first hour of the servers didn't suddenly go down.
Old 2013-03-06, 10:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
QuantumMechanic
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

It's 8:21 PST, and according to the PSU server status page Connery is still at low population. Actually it's the only US server at low population right now.

We are well into prime time for tonight, by now Connery would have been at medium population already. So it looks like Connery is losing players, most likely players who got disheartened that Connery wasn't part of the merges and won't play again until it does get merged.
Old 2013-03-07, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
snafus
Sergeant Major

It would be nice to see some more peeps back on the server. Just hope if we do get a merge that VS will actually start pushing north every once and a while.

Old 2013-03-07, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Pyldrvr
Private

Definitely want a merge on our server. I would like it if all three continents were mostly full. I don't even mind waiting in queues here and there. I love huge fights raging all over the place, rather than just 1 or two good fights on the whole server.
Old 2013-03-18, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Absolutely. Regardless of what Sony may say publicly, Connery (I imagine the other servers as well) needs a much higher POP. Essentially, ALL Continents need to be full from 5pm to 11pm. Some waiting during primetime hours would be annoying, yet worthwhile.
Old 2013-03-19, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
snafus
Sergeant Major

Whats funny to me is with all the lag and other GU4 bugs going on atm. There has been more fights on the other continents on a near consistent basis. It must be a conspiracy...........

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)