Trayvon Martin - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Go away or I shall taunt you a second time!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-04-14, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Re: Trayvon Martin

Originally Posted by Vecha View Post
I agree with most of what you said...watching the new just infuriates me.
You agree that Martin was a thug breaking into people's houses?

People crying about Sharpton's involvement or how the media has been talking about it relentlessly are a symptom of the problem they're decrying. Why is this one murder suddenly so important? How dare those uppity black people fight to make this national news? The media and the black civil rights people have hit the ground running with this because you don't give a fuck otherwise. Even when some kid with Skittles and a hoodie is shot dead for the crime of being black near George Zimmerman you people rally to the defense of the shooter and say it isn't a big deal. That is why the media has done this. If they didn't do this, Zimmerman would still be roaming the streets of Sanford, FL, looking for hoodlums to chase after and gun down and no fucks would be given save for the people who knew the kid.

Frankly, while some of the editing by people like NBC is atrocious and the news people wearing hoodies in solidarity was dumb as shit, the bottom line is that this is how murders should be treated in a reasonable country filled with reasonable people. There should be outrage. Everyone should be wondering why it happened, and how it can be fixed.

I know this forum is home to a lot of libertarian, racist gun-fanatics who drool over the idea of shooting anyone dead should they look askance at them, and will disagree with me in strong terms over this, but in a sane world every murder would be like this Trayvon Martin murder. It's just a sign of how fucked up things are in virtually all of our nation's that it takes a teenager being killed without cause and the shooter walking free that same night to make people care at all.

It is a sad world we live in where people being up in arms over the killing like this is somehow offensive to people.

Last edited by Warborn; 2012-04-14 at 08:29 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum