New player? Share your experience. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Like you have anything better to do.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-05-21, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ghodere
Corporal

Re: New player? Share your experience.

Combat engineering is the most fantastic thing. Gunplay is not that horrible, third person infantry is, Prowler seems weak for requiring 3 people to operate at full effectiveness. Single button press for a loadout is a small thing but so wonderful. Long distances between some bases and towers having no ground spawn capabilities means no vehicle spam, at all, really, and even then they can at best take the courtyard.

TTK reveals itself as meaningfully longer mainly at range. AA extremely powerful, but largely deserved for effort required (skyguard and upgraded base turret). Back to playing.
Old 2013-05-21, 06:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

I've been playing for a few months already but I just want to say a few things. Probably one of the neatest features in PS1 is saved positioning even after you log off. Makes the game feel like a real persistent MMO. Compare this to PS2 where you always start off in your warpgate, almost making it feel like a standard bf or COD match. In PS1 it actually keeps track of your position and will even move you to the nearest friendly spawn tubes if you're territory you were in was taken by the enemy. Makes base progression all that more meaningful.
Old 2013-05-22, 05:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Ghodere View Post
Prowler seems weak for requiring 3 people to operate at full effectiveness.
But has a higher DPS with two than the other two tanks with just the main gunner.

Prowler's and Marauder's third gun spot and Raider's third and fourth gunspots have been the main issue in the vehicle balance debate over the years: TR require more manpower for full vehicle capacity, even if that full vehicle capacity isn't directly needed to be equally powerful or even more powerful, it just leaves them at a disadvantage against certain unit types in comparison.

Speaking of vehicles, what do you think of the dedicated driver/gunner?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion