PS Concerns? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, At Least It's Not Crack!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-01-05, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Camping Carl
Major

Originally posted by Dragoon412
What worries me most? That the same illiterate assclowns on the official forum are actually going to be in the game.

Yeah, I have ping worries and the like, but honestly, my biggest worry is that the game's going to be run like EQ, where GM events are extremely rare, and usually poorly-planned, uberguilds are allowed to bully smaller guilds and independants, and customer service is essentially non-existant. Granted, I think PlanetSide's design will contribute to lessening the need for SOE's laughable customer service... if you can even call it that. In my experience, it just consisted of sitting and waiting 4 hours for some surly GM to show up and tell you he can't help you.

I also worry about balance issues... as many of them went completely unresolved in EQ, although, thankfully, the former Verant is off destroying SWG, and not PS, so hopefully this dev team, which seems much cooler, actually will be. But I still can't help buy have this horrible feelings that it's going to be EQ: In Space... MAXes will end up like warriors - necessary for squads, but complete gimps on their own. Dropship pilots will be like healing classes -- necessitated by tedium, but otherwise largely undesirable. Infantry will be like bards -- very flexible, but the only thing they're really good at is dying.

...hopefully it's just apprehension and there's no truth to it.

Vanu still suck....
Old 2003-01-05, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Memory issues wory me the most. While a grafics card has an effect on FPS, most MMOGs main combat issue is eating up all your RAM, and then some. The RAM issue is the reason most MMOGs dont have cliping on character models.

Also memory leaks often cause you to crash at the worst posible times.
Old 2003-01-05, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
fourleafPS
Private

Balance. Also gonna be some whining about off-hour dominance, especially with "local" servers instead of one.
Old 2003-01-05, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
oosik
Sergeant

My worry would be that PS starts out good but loses support and is cut from SOE after a year or two just as I was getting really good at all the necessary skills.
Old 2003-01-05, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

What worries me most? That the same illiterate assclowns on the official forum are actually going to be in the game.
I definetly worry about that.

But mostly I worry about ping/lag. And hopefully my computer will be able to run PS decently until I get a new one.

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2003-01-05, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
TheSHiFT
Staff Sergeant

the former Verant is off destroying SWG,
\
heh, im beta testing it
Old 2003-01-05, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

What worries me...

Flavour of the month weps.. (weps that are the best 1 month and suck the next because they had to be "readjusted")

Package loss

1337 d3wds
Old 2003-01-05, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

too fast paced to allow good strategies
Old 2003-01-05, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
phadE
Corporal

the netcode, no matter how cool anything else in the game is. If the lag is terrible, i wont play. Its my #1 concern (that and nerfing Snipers )

www.insolentinternet.com
Old 2003-01-05, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Lillemanden
Staff Sergeant

Actually on offical boards in seems like people on "from" the different faction are like this:

TR= Mature
VS=Intelligent
NC=Lamers

I think there even was a thread about it once.
I can understand that the more intelligent people will choose VS because of the tech. And I guess the lamers choose NC because of they powerful (as in high damage) weapons (like: w00t that g0n R0xx0R!). But I don�t know about TR, maybe because they�re old-fashioned

Anyway may concers are about the lag and the teamplay.

And BTW I like the word "assclowns"
Old 2003-01-05, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

I can certainly agree with the community issues, on the official boards, etc. Its one of the many reasons I created PSU in the first place. Create a better enviroment for those interested in the game, a more open community where new folks are welcome and not flamed.

Lag is also of concern with me, having played the game a bit I have some experience with it. I think they have done a good job to make some very nice netcode. But it was a corperate WAN afterall So ping was not of issue. It will be very interesting to see what happens when people from all over the place start getting in game.

Balance issues concern me as well, I hope they can get things well balanced in beta so that it doesent have to be tweaked to hell every month because people complain.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-01-05, 07:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Serbitar
Sergeant

1st ping/lag/latency

2nd a diing (too small) community in europe (like tribes 2 in europe)

"May the light shine at thee in the dark !"
R| Relativity
Old 2003-01-05, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
eMaGyN
Major

How my butt will look in the terran jump suits...

eMa
Old 2003-01-05, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2003-01-05, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sputty
Banned

I just hope Hamma and the rest of the staff can keep PSU from becoming the massive Flamathon that most game sites become.
Also ping issues which normally aren't too muvch of a problem and certain weapon and vehciels certs allowing easy access to overpowered weapons and vehicles. Especially if the sniper becomes the non vehicle troop destroyer and the MAX being able to take on anything easily..
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion