New In Concept - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It will Mag your Rider
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-05, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

New In Concept

http://www.planetside-universe.com/index.php?newsid=732

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-01-05, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

its good kinda, now you'll see ants everywhere
Old 2004-01-05, 05:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
I Hate Pants
General

Originally Posted by Mr Monkey
its good kinda, now you'll see ants everywhere
so true. I never thought of that.
Old 2004-01-05, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

This sucks for specops, i suspect we will be hearing from them on the forums soon ;p

Old 2004-01-05, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

This kinda sucks and is kinda good, i thnk the dome should only acctivat when there are a large amount of enemies or hotspots near the SOI

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-05, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Originally Posted by Hamma
This sucks for specops, i suspect we will be hearing from them on the forums soon ;p
BOO! I like and don't like this idea at the same time.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2004-01-05, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yeah i think thats what most people are gona say. Down with zergs, but at the expence on non zerg fights? kinda a wierd way to do it

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-05, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
I Hate Pants
General

Originally Posted by Hamma
Pfffft.. who cares. Those are the same losers who wanna be like them hollywood lone wolf soldier players. There the same players who say " the hell with teamwork. I work alone!" Gimme a break. This game encourages teamwork. And thats exactly what this will do.
Old 2004-01-05, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

Yes but some people prefer to, and have allot of fun playing that style of play.

Old 2004-01-05, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
EVILoHOMER
Major

this is an amazin idea for game play apart from u'll hav a time where ur all still lookin at eachother like starwars episode 1 with the jedifight!
Old 2004-01-05, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EVILoHOMER
Major

zergs r the best for amazin fights? y does everyone complain apart from the nc can zerg bout 5 islands at one time! and they get u cr exp
Old 2004-01-05, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

First let me say this: OH MY GOD MY PANTIES ARE WET!!! Finally there is some hope for defenders.

Now this:

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
Pfffft.. who cares. Those are the same losers who wanna be like them hollywood lone wolf soldier players. There the same players who say " the hell with teamwork. I work alone!" Gimme a break. This game encourages teamwork. And thats exactly what this will do.
I suggest you check yourself, troop. My outfit specializes in this sort of thing, and we're hardly the type that lone wolf. In fact, we don't permit that shit in our outfit. If you're smart, or you want any hope of surviving a commando-op, you work in at LEAST a team of two, if not three or more. And FURTHERMORE, if you're GOOD at it, you're coordinating with one, two, maybe even more small teams to ensure you don't end up in the same SOI.

But that's fine- you probably don't know what it's like outside the zerg, so I forgive you. I suggest to you, that before you begin lampooning or flaming, or otherwise picking fun at these sorts of operations, that you try hanging with us. It gets especially difficult when you're working on an Interlink-linked base with motion alarms, Spitfires, and the occasional attentive Jackspammer-Surger and all you've got is an infiltrator suit and/or Reinforced full of Boomers.
Old 2004-01-05, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

Spec ops is fun and sometimes we are alone and other times like us in -CDL- , we work in a small group to take some gens down or just coz havoc

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2004-01-05, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

As a grunt/pilot, i like the idea of this and enemies coming in waves. Just a better way to add depths and tactics into Planetside.
Old 2004-01-05, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Three quick points and a suggestion:

1. Get your CEP now before it becomes impossible to hit CR5

2. Great, more sitting around waiting for action (yes I'd like some cheese with that fine whine )

3. Hey! What happens to the shield module then?

Suggestion:

Give each base a "shield cannon device" that the ANT's can fuel at a special silo within that base. When fuled this cannon can be directed at an enemy base that has shields up. I think it would be much cooler to see one base bombing the crap out of another bases shields until they finally give and let the horde in. Things to consider:

1. You'd need a gunner for the cannon which can only be directed at a linkable bases shields. It should do no damage to anything else except maybe an EMP type effect in any aircraft that happen to get hit? I dunno, maybe that would be cool as a side thought but not really important. Anyway, it should be a huge turret type device that has a simple targeting dislpay with which bases you can target and make a selection from. You don't really aim it you just select the base to be broken and it does it's thing. Got more than one base linked to this one? Then you could have more main shield gunner/fuel crews working the shields to bring them down faster!

2. The gun would have a slow rate of fire and require a few (2-3) full ants worth of recharging to fire enough to take down a bases shields. So a team of a gunner and a few dedicated and drivers/deployers would be needed and it would take them the 5-7 min to take the shields down. Run out of gun fuel/ammo? Then your whole attack stalls until you correct this. Also, I'd only allow 1 full ANT at a time in a shielded base to give the defenders a better chance to counter atack the cannon's ammo supply. So you'd either have to coordinate arrival times for the ANTs or dedicate troops to guard the waiting ANTs.

Anyway, I would love to see the effects of a main base cannon blasting away the shields of a defending base (which could be returning fire to take down the attacking bases shields to maybe force the Zerg to defend as well). Nothing prevents a hack like hacking the only linked base to yours. A mindless Zerg could end up chasing it's own tail if it's not organized properly.

I think intercepting an ANT would be more challenging and fun than destroying stationary deployed ANTs that are slowly leeching shield energy... seems to me a few dedicated kamakazi pilots could keep a zerg at bay forever with the deployed leaching ANT idea.

Last edited by BadAsh; 2004-01-05 at 06:19 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion