Battle Islands *OFFICIAL THREAD* - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Beware of Hamma.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-03, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

they maps are just thrown together i think... they have to work on them all alot before live. The Battle islands look like ms paint for gods sake
Old 2004-08-03, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
I Hate Pants
General

I really enjoy it. I can't wait till they release more new continents.

I don't know about you guys. But I would love to see a space expansion for this game. With space stations for empires and huge space ships to walk around in while another player pilots it towards another planet.

ARGH! I want more!!!!!!
Old 2004-08-03, 02:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
EarlyDawn
Major General

The new map is Nexus, a single base surrounded by multiple towers. I don't recall the exact number. The base is at the lowest level of a pit. You have to climb multiple concentric hills circling the base to reach them.

Wasn't very tactically impressive, IMO. As someone from dragonwolves said on TS, the entire thing had a very "made a few hours prior" feel to it.
Old 2004-08-03, 02:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

I'd like a new planet other than Auraxis.

I DON'T like each continent being a entire planet.

Yes, it would be cool to have space stations, and things, but don't make each continent a new planet...
Old 2004-08-03, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

When the hell is Mt. Cyssor going to be hallowed out and a base is put in underneath the highest peak, with 3 tunnels leading to the cavern where the base resides!?!?
Old 2004-08-03, 04:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Meursault00
Staff Sergeant

I'd like to see tunnels in that mountain so infantry and MAXes can take a shortcut.

I don't really care if each continent is actually a planet. Looks the same, feels the same, hence, it is the same. I don't think they'll be releasing a space expansion for the game. What would that accomplish? Unless you fought over orbital stations, there wouldn't be much for fighters to do. I don't know, maybe used to transport between continents or something. Moo.

These maps are going to take some time to get used to. I wonder if a flail shot from one island can fly and hit a target on another island. Man, talk about ownage.
Old 2004-08-03, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
PhatBoy
Private

This is brilliant news. This is what I really want from the game, a real story and plot. After you read the information in the manual, that's it, the story ends there. Now the Devs are putting in space combat, giving us more information on the Ancients and the purpose of Auraxis, and that can only be good. It will keep the game fresh and exciting and it won't just be mindless labouring over the same bases ad nauseam. This can, really, only be a good thing.
Old 2004-08-03, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

Um, when did they announce space combat?
Old 2004-08-03, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Infernus
Lieutenant General

I was gonna play the Battle Islands last night... but that got nazified by my dad...

Ok upon my review:

The Islands themselves are very nice, all of them... Nexus could've been done better though, its basically a pit with a drop ship center at the bottom and 4 or 5 towers around it...

The Map is weird, but I can get used to it... I like how it shows how long until a cavern unlocks...

The Maps for the Oshur CLuster... well... they look like BAD MS Paint jobs...

Last edited by Infernus; 2004-08-03 at 06:54 AM.
Old 2004-08-03, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Infernus
Nexus could've been done better though, its basically a pit with a drop ship center at the bottom and 4 or 5 towers around it...
What's wrong with that?

Yeah I love all the battle islands and can't wait to try them out in combat. The new map is interesting, I like the way they show you how long's left on the cavern timers. The whole 'continents are now planets' thing will take some getting used to, especially for those poor HART shuttle pilots who now have to take you across a galaxy instead of just dropping you from a large height above Auraxis.
Old 2004-08-03, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Lartnev
What's wrong with that?

Yeah I love all the battle islands and can't wait to try them out in combat. The new map is interesting, I like the way they show you how long's left on the cavern timers. The whole 'continents are now planets' thing will take some getting used to, especially for those poor HART shuttle pilots who now have to take you across a galaxy instead of just dropping you from a large height above Auraxis.
It just feels like it was a last minute thing... and this raises a question... how do we HART? How do we OS (I mean... the planets are all spread out...) ? WTF!
Old 2004-08-03, 07:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

I like them, the patch needs some serious polishing but overall the new stuff seems good (and i happen to like nexus.) I'm glad were going to get some story stuff soon.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2004-08-03 at 07:42 AM.
Old 2004-08-03, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Does Nexus remind anyone else of Bastogne from Band of Brothers?
Old 2004-08-03, 08:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by Duffman
they maps are just thrown together i think... they have to work on them all alot before live. The Battle islands look like ms paint for gods sake
Did you see the same maps I did? I was extremly impressed with the new maps, they were nice to look at and they seemed more optimised FPS wise than the larger conts.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-08-03, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Infernus
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Hamma
Did you see the same maps I did? I was extremly impressed with the new maps, they were nice to look at and they seemed more optimised FPS wise than the larger conts.
I think he means the way they look on the map when you press "M"... not the way the continents are designed...

As in this image:

not this one:

EDIT: The world (or is it system) map is beginning to grow on me... I like the way it gives Info for each planet when you select it but... whats with the different colors marking the warpgates? And why do certain planet's have little blinking rings around them?

Last edited by Infernus; 2004-08-03 at 08:40 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion