Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-15, 11:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
jepaul
First Sergeant

I dislike the music and...

For me it is some really important things that I feel will make or break the game and causes thousands of people to play or not to play and really decide whether this game is a success or not. Because, like the music, these are things that I hear or see every second I'm playing the game. In fact, for me, I turn the volume down on everything except the music while playing an fps.

So, besides the music, these are other things I dislike and will cause me not to play the game...

1. The official ps2 website runs at a ratio that is not optimized for my 30 in monitor.
2. The color scheme in the back ground of the squad screen from what I could tell on the vids clashes with the wall behind my monitor.
3. There is not an option to turn anti aliasing to .5 because 1 just doesn't run well and 0 means my rig sucks.
4. I don't have in game voip whispers.
5. There isn't an 800x300 resolution because although that would be dumb I need something to complain about.

So what other things like bad music do you feel are incredible important and things the devs should be spending time on?

Last edited by jepaul; 2012-06-15 at 11:54 PM.
Old 2012-06-15, 11:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zekeen
Major

Re: I dislike the music and...

Music isn't even done. Those are test tracks, not even orchestrated or decided on.
Old 2012-06-15, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
Music isn't even done. Those are test tracks, not even orchestrated or decided on.
Perfect because I really hope they drill down on the important stuff like music and spend money and resources there before any of the game play type stuff because, at least for me, the music is way more important than other in game sounds for an fps.
Old 2012-06-15, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Thelionheart
Private

This is a satirical post. Just in case you didn't read the entire OP.

@ OP
Old 2012-06-16, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

So, why exactly does music even matter? I know it can improve the moment, but I dont mind the music the way it is. That's just my opinion, and that being said, some improvements can be made, sure. Sounds are very important, but not necessarily music. Whenever I play a shooter, the musical aspects of the game aren't high on my priority list. I don't think it'll be a deal breaker for, really anyone if they don't change the music at all. I know for me it wont be, at least. I could care less if they they don't change it. I wanna make Pew Pew.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by jepaul View Post
Perfect because I really hope they drill down on the important stuff like music and spend money and resources there before any of the game play type stuff because, at least for me, the music is way more important than other in game sounds for an fps.
No judging you but your saying if the music sounded awesome but the expolsion and gun fire sound fx sounded horrible you'd be ok with that?
Old 2012-06-16, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vancha
Colonel

Oh very dear...

Edit: ...and another two. At this point my biggest concern for PS2 is the average intelligence of the player-base.

Last edited by Vancha; 2012-06-16 at 12:04 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
jepaul
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thelionheart View Post
This is a satirical post. Just in case you didn't read the entire OP.

@ OP
What? you don't know me. Like everyone, and all the others complaining in other thread music is very very important to any great FPS. For competitive play nothing is more a factor in the win loss or kd of individual players than music. In fact it is 100% known that all great FPS players play with the music at full volume while turning down all the other sounds. Because of this the quality of the music is the most important thing and one that should have the most resources and time devoted to it.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
AvacadoEight
First Sergeant

And, yeah. What Time said. The actual SOUNDS of the guns and explosions make the game, not the music. ( Sorry, had to add that in )

Wait a tic. Could it be possible he's trolling? So many people complain about this its hard to know whether or not he's serious ._.

Last edited by AvacadoEight; 2012-06-16 at 12:06 AM.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Fylix
Private

As satirical as the post was, I think music is actually far more important in games than people think. It probably doesn't greatly affect sales, but it can really make the game more enjoyable, and at least for me can cause me to go play a game more.

I can get a tune going through my head out of nowhere and just have this urge to play the game, even if I haven't in a long time.

Just think of Mario, Zelda, Halo, and a other games that have incredibly iconic music and you may know what I mean.

Also, first post! Hi everyone!
Old 2012-06-16, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
LayZ
Private

Well *huff puff* I don't like how the VS music reminds me of certain Linkin Park songs. Linkin Park sucks.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by AvacadoEight View Post
So, why exactly does music even matter? I know it can improve the moment, but I dont mind the music the way it is. That's just my opinion, and that being said, some improvements can be made, sure. Sounds are very important, but not necessarily music. Whenever I play a shooter, the musical aspects of the game aren't high on my priority list. I don't think it'll be a deal breaker for, really anyone if they don't change the music at all. I know for me it wont be, at least. I could care less if they they don't change it. I wanna make Pew Pew.
The music is the MOST IMPORTANT THING though, because we already have faith that the devs will clone all the game mechanics from some awful console shooter. That way we know we'll have both great music and a great game.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
jepaul
First Sergeant

If you've seen all the other threads complaining about music you would realize that for everyone and all great gamers the music is the most important thing about and FPS. What else could possibly be more important
Old 2012-06-16, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Thelionheart
Private

And, yeah. What Time said. The actual SOUNDS of the guns and explosions make the game, not the music. ( Sorry, had to add that in )

Wait a tic. Could it be possible he's trolling? So many people complain about this its hard to know whether or not he's serious ._.
It's satire, not trolling.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ironside
Corporal

ahh that's where i've been going wrong, i always turn the bleeding music off
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge