That loyal eh? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: because we can
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-06-23, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kitsune
Sergeant

That loyal eh?

So after looking at the pretty stuff, the videos, the fan articles, etc, I'm getting down to the community of Planetside two. Mind you, I never played planetside one. To be honest, I never heard of it, maybe cuz it came out when I was, what, 11? Anyway. I hear people who played planetside 1 are often pretty die-hard loyal to their original faction and will continue being so in the next game.

This, kinda makes for a daunting choice for newcomers. I know everyone has a while to choose which side they wanna start with and everything, and ultimately opinions of factions change and so do allegiances, but sooner or later you will be fighting for one side in the long run, unless you are one epic waffler. For me, it's either NC or Vanu, as the TR's oppression and, "We have a trained military so that makes us instantly BA" mindset doesn't sit well with me.

Maybe it won't be until a few weeks, or even months in game before I find that one faction I wanna play, but it would be nice logging in and knowing who I want to fight for in a planetary world war, and to boldly fly/ride with a close knit outfit into battle. I just have this desire to want to know which faction I would love to play for.

Anybody have opinions, stories, experiences, or thoughts about their loyalty to a faction? Might help some people's choice if they knew what the real reason people have played a faction for is. Could be anything from a diehard belief in the faction's viewpoint to, "It grew on me," or, "Girlfriend made me join them."

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions