Magrider gunners, where are you? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The best thing since sliced bread
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-08-25, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Unhappy Magrider gunners, where are you?

Anyone else have trouble finding someone to man the turret on your magrider?

I decided to try out the magrider again and it can be a real pain to find a gunner. And when you do, they don't seem to stick around too long.

The magrider is twice as effective if you have a good gunner. I personnally think the rail beam is great against other vehicles and I don't understand why a driver wouldn't want someone manning it. It's loads of fun sniping reavers out of the air with it.

Maybe I just had a string of bad luck finding people.
Old 2003-08-25, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Spider
General

Meh I usually don't have a gunner and I last pretty long :o
Old 2003-08-25, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

What server are you on? Some people jump in front of me to try and be my gunner, I've ended up killing a few by accident... Well I never have any trouble. Sometimes I get lucky and get an engineer to be my gunner. That way since I'm a engineer we both can heal it much quicker. Sometimes I've also had to kick people out because a squad member wanted to be my gunner.
Old 2003-08-25, 09:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mag
Lieutenant Colonel

Ehh, you don't need a gunner. Just run people down. Hell of a lot more fun.
At least their uber-mowing tank of hellspawned doom. Otherwise
Old 2003-08-25, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

Mowing people down is too easy.

I gave a TR with a chaingun a sporting chance the other day by seeing how long it would take to simply shoot him. He was pretty good and kept charging up close to me and to the sides. Of course his chaingun wasn't hurting me too bad and I just kept strafing and shooting. Dang that gun for the driver is hard to aim at individual soldiers if they're moving. I probably only hit him with 10% of my shots.
Old 2003-08-25, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I cant remember the last time I saw a rail beam explosion. what does it look like again?
Old 2003-08-26, 09:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

You want a Magrider gunner? Join TR, jack a Magrider and head to the busiest base. They line up to gun for you.
Old 2003-08-26, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I actually much prefer it when Magriders dont have gunners. Even when they do, the way all Magrider drivers drive is the same. They attempt to run over as many people as possible (cant blame them because it makes perfect sense). The fun thing about all this is that they have pigeon-holed themselves into a very easy counter tactic

Lay a minefield around and all through the troop path.

This totally and completely shuts down any effectivness of the Magrider and makes it usless, combined with the 5 min vehicle timer and that this strategy gets rid of AMSs as well and you will win these battles much more quickly.

Old 2003-08-26, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Magrider with no gunner=fodder for my Lightning

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-08-26, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Trebor95
First Sergeant

Dunno what it's like in the US servers but over here on Werner I pray for gunnerless Magriders when I'm in my deliverer. They always have gunners and bloody hell they are effective as hell.
Old 2003-08-26, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Yup, the problem with Mag drivers is they get up close to the target so they can try and shoot them or run them over and the rail gun can't aim that low, so it's a bit of a boring job.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2003-08-26, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

I see people driving magriders without gunners all the time and I think it's sort of sad.

I've gunned for others a few times when I wasn't driving around in my lightning and I actually enjoyed the experience. The rail gun is awesome against other vehicles IMO. Having a good gunner certainly makes going up against other tanks a lot easier. I'll certainly gun for anyone in the future if they ask.
Old 2003-08-26, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
LiLKiLLiNgOnE
Private

I used to see magriders with no gunners all the time, but lately ive been seeing a lot more gunners...makes it pretty hard to get past on of them now..
Old 2003-08-26, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Endless
Sergeant

I could care less if a Magrider has a gunner, they always run whenever my Prowler comes around.
Old 2003-08-27, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Eukament
Private

I love to gun for the Magrider (or any tank if we get one). It a hybrid between AA and AV/AI gun. Ive killed loads of Reavers with it and many tanks. Although drivers usually drive over MAXs and grunts, the gun is fairly good to kill them too. If you see me running around and you need a gunner, do not hesitate to ask me about gunning.

The thing is that tanks shouldn't be able to insta kill people when they hit them. We are wearing armor (yeah you could defend this by saying you drive them over with 15 ton tank etc) and should take the bumper hit with alot of dmg (mostly armor dmg, some health). MAXs at least should take minor damage, and do lots of damage to the tank I think. No insta killing people and you get FAR few people driving around just to drive you over. Tanks are really best at range :/
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion