MAX squads - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not personal, Firefly hates everyone.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-01, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

MAX squads

You guys think that 10 MAXs (Diffrent types like 4 AI 3 AV and 3 AA) would own. I think that without some infantry support they would be easy prey to a bunch of NC guys with phnx missles. Most people think they will dominate the battle field but from what the beta journals say thats a negatory statement.
Old 2003-04-01, 07:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TheGreatCarbini
First Sergeant

I would try to take that down with some long range vanguarding, as long as that thign can shoot, although even without support it wouldnt be a walk in the park to rip down 10 MAXs, all depends what you are fightin em with.
Old 2003-04-01, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

I dunno -- if you managed to surprise them, you could probably take a few out by ramming, and then a couple of shots point-blank . . .

But if I had a Vanguard I'd be sniping anyways. I think a Vanguard would be EXCELLENT against MAX armors from a distance (shoot, back up, shoot, back up -- they couldn't touch you), even though you would have to lead them. They can supposedly run pretty fast with the 'speedy walking thingy' turned on, but it also makes their path more predictable.

I dunno. You get 10 MAX armors together, I'll bet you will need some SERIOUS vehicle ownage to make a dent in them. I don't think ordinary infantry would stand a chance if they didn't have lots of time to prepare.
Old 2003-04-01, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Crimson Haven
Private

Frankly speaking, a squad of MAXs walking around will be deadly. If you meet them face to face...well....may the force be with you. If it's far range, the squad is still deadly. Phoenixes are good counter attacks though. Still, you meet them face to face, may the matrix be in you and you'll evade all the bullets

CrimsoN
Planetside Sector
http://planetside.gameannex.com
Old 2003-04-01, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

No doubt if u ran into them then the onlything that could let you win would be 20 maxs right behind u all AV outfitted or 2 wookies
Old 2003-04-01, 08:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

if you meet a lot of maxes,

Step 1: try not to be noticed.
Step 2: RUN YOUR DAMN ASS OFF ASAP.
Step 3: Pray to whatever god(s) you believe in that they don't give chase.
Step 4: if followed, take the following steps:[list=a][*]Stop Running.[*]Place head between knees.[*]Kiss @$$ goodbye.[/list=a]
Old 2003-04-01, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ginzue
First Lieutenant

Did we already have a topic like this a few days ago?
Old 2003-04-01, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Who wins =
Team 1 = 4 AI maxes, 3 AV maxes, 3 AA maxes
Team 2 = 10 infantry, 5 loaded with gausses/phoenixes, 5 loaded with jackhammers/decimators.

At a range I believe team 2 can win, the 5 with gausses and phoenixes can take out a few maxes at a range before the maxes notice the squad. Then the 5 with jackhammers can go anti armor shells and decimators could really pack a punch against the remaining maxes at close range.
Old 2003-04-01, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
WNxUndeadFenix
Master Sergeant

i dunno if we had a topic like this before, i cnat remember, but im guessing that me and the other MAXes in warrior nation will form a squad n go on some pretty nice assults. hehe 10 vanu maxes jumping around attacking a squad of med & light armors... i can see it now...
Old 2003-04-01, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

I'm not worried too much about it, once you take a max down they're down... You won't see him back up a few minutes later unless you're in his base. That's whats nice about being a reinforced infantry, using ams's to respawn in heavy base assaults. Maxes gotta run 40 miles to get back...

EDIT: Also, I hope it takes like 20 seconds for a guy to put on a max suit on. Otherwise, I don't want to be assaulting a base, and a guy respawns next to me, and immediately puts on a max suit and starts blasting the hell out of me.
Old 2003-04-01, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
WNxUndeadFenix
Master Sergeant

i doubt it would take that long to put on a MAX suit. its probably same amt time as the other armors. and if it did take long... id still be ok with the idea.
Old 2003-04-01, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info
Lightbulb

Defnese againt 10 MAXs:

Step 1: Get about 3-5 reavers
Step 2: Carpet bomb

Old 2003-04-01, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

If the MAXes achieve complete and total suprise, they will slaughter whoever there fighting, but give the infantry a minutes warning, and you'll have ten dead MAX suits on your hands. Using a "fighting retreat" style of play while making heavy use of equipment such as mines and boomers will be deadly vs MAX suits.

edit: here is another thread about the same thing.
Old 2003-04-01, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Venoxile
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by WNxUndeadFenix
i doubt it would take that long to put on a MAX suit. its probably same amt time as the other armors. and if it did take long... id still be ok with the idea.
No it's gotta take longer, otherwise taking over a base with 10 maxes respawning over and over will take forever... Until you fought to the respawn tubes where you just waited for them to respawn over and over as you blasted them to hell. Yeah, I think my main purpose is going to be taking over bases.

My dream squad =
5 gauss/phoenix/combat engineering reinforceds
5 jackhammer/decimator/advanced medics reinforceds
1 ai max, 1 av max
2 ams drivers with gauss
1 sunderer driver with gauss
Old 2003-04-01, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
mr_luc
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by Spike
Defnese againt 10 MAXs:

Step 1: Get about 3-5 reavers
Step 2: Carpet bomb

This is another thing I will need to play to see.

Even if there were no AA MAX in that group, I'll bet you anything that you'd have a tough time surviving a bombing run against 10 freaking MAX armors. If they see you coming and respond well there would be an INCREDIBLE density of fire focused on you. Better be at some serious range. And if they have AA, well, man.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion