Unexplainable thoughts... - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Best thing since POKEMON!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-07-16, 04:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Sabot
Second Lieutenant

Re: Unexplainable thoughts...

I think somebody here has to go read up on a little history, and not believe the propaganda so much...
Old 2012-07-16, 07:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Atomicsys
Private

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
With the current situation with PlanetSide 2 (EU situation and the actual development stage of the game itself), I'm getting a more and more distinct feeling, like I'm ready and actually wanting to avoid participating in Beta.

To make it clear - it's not exactly a rant, but I will elaborate my points:
1. I think it's quite bad to have the US players exclusive early beta test. Why? Because in these stages the main foundation of the game is set. The game is designed for the entire world, but US and EU for instance have absolutely different mentalities... Take those OMGEUPLASMASPAM rants on PS forum after the merge, for example.
2. Still one continent and lots of graphical placeholders.

I urge people to view it as a worry, not whining.
agree with Newsith
so nasty :sadclown
Old 2012-07-16, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Yes. That may result in "plasma nerfs" (Yeah, I'm never forgetting that one).
Ahh yes, plasma nerf, best move devs ever made, next to the bfr nerf.
Old 2012-07-16, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Eyeklops View Post
Ahh yes, plasma nerf, best move devs ever made, next to the bfr nerf.
That and the fifth Lasher Nerf after the third Lasher Buff.

Old 2012-07-16, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Poor Lasher had some identity issues. Should have just made a chain-lightning flame thrower.
Old 2012-07-16, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Poor Lasher had some identity issues. Should have just made a chain-lightning flame thrower.
Yea, the Lasher is a bit of a mixed bag. I like the lasher big slow orbs much better than the small fast ones. It actually held up to it's namesake and lashed. The only change I would have made was the larger clip, the AV mode is meh (thats what deci's are for)
Old 2012-07-16, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
pengalor
Private

Maybe I'm missing something but where did they say they are delaying the beta for the Europeans? If their talking about the tech test...well that's a tech test, not a beta. Tech test is simply to make sure all the hardware components play nice with the game, that should be the same for NA and Europe.
Old 2012-07-16, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

With the current situation with PlanetSide 2 (EU situation and the actual development stage of the game itself), I'm getting a more and more distinct feeling, like I'm ready and actually wanting to avoid participating in Beta.

To make it clear - it's not exactly a rant, but I will elaborate my points:
1. I think it's quite bad to have the US players exclusive early beta test. Why? Because in these stages the main foundation of the game is set. The game is designed for the entire world, but US and EU for instance have absolutely different mentalities... Take those OMGEUPLASMASPAM rants on PS forum after the merge, for example.
2. Still one continent and lots of graphical placeholders.

I urge people to view it as a worry, not whining.
I dont care about what ever the hell a EU mentality is. And i also dont want it effecting American servers via beta.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by pengalor View Post
Maybe I'm missing something but where did they say they are delaying the beta for the Europeans? If their talking about the tech test...well that's a tech test, not a beta. Tech test is simply to make sure all the hardware components play nice with the game, that should be the same for NA and Europe.
Some people get butthurt if they aren't invited to every little thing that SoE does.
"You only have offices in one place and it's not close to me, but I'm a 9 year vet so you should build an office and host an event in my attic!"
"I've played PS1 since Beta, I'm insulted that people in the tech test are 'playing' the game before me!"
Bunch of f*cking entitled brats. Probably think someone should be giving them a good career regardless of their education too.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
Some people get butthurt if they aren't invited to every little thing that SoE does.
"You only have offices in one place and it's not close to me, but I'm a 9 year vet so you should build an office and host an event in my attic!"
"I've played PS1 since Beta, I'm insulted that people in the tech test are 'playing' the game before me!"
Bunch of f*cking entitled brats. Probably think someone should be giving them a good career regardless of their education too.
I don't think you realise what I was saying. For starters I said that I'm considering joining post-launch. That totally doesn't go along with what you're saying.

EDIT: Actually for everyone in this thread, I'm not saying "OMG SOE IS SHIT I'M QUTTING THE GAME", try and read without passing the lines.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2012-07-17 at 06:02 AM.
Old 2012-07-17, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Pyreal
First Sergeant

They said NA, not US.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion