More New Concepts via Mbroome1 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: better than sex... well, maybe...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-09, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Re: More New Concepts via Mbroome1

Lol yeah falcon makes me think NC are Islamic extremists not freedom fighters. Double yes to the old commissor hat. Much better.

I'm not a fan because it will end up looking like the recon class from battlefield 3. Wait guys til its ingame, will look rather goofy especially on infiltrators.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR

Last edited by Koadster; 2013-05-09 at 01:18 AM.
Old 2013-05-09, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Rasui
Sergeant

This is pretty clearly the first of the new infil concept art for the May class update. Really looking forward to seeing the new VS armor.
Old 2013-05-09, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Canaris
Contributor
General

Matt did say he had some nice stuff coming up, and he was right as usual, that looks great.
Even the British army adopted the shemagh into full use

lil military history on it
For decades, keffiyeh have been issued to British soldiers who now, almost exclusively, refer to them as shemaghs. Their use by some units and formations of the military and police forces of the former British Empire and subsequent Commonwealth dates back to before the Second World War. Because of its utility it was adopted by the Palestine Police Force, the Transjordan Frontier Force, the Sudan Defence Force, the Arab Legion, the Jordanian Armed Forces, the Libyan Arab Force, the Long Range Desert Group, the Special Air Service and Popski's Private Army, amongst others, who wore them while operating in North Africa. After the war, their use by the Army continued with the shemagh being worn in both desert and temperate environments in theatres such as Dhofar. Australian Army forces have also used the shemagh since the Vietnam War, and extensively during Iraq and Afghanistan, particularly by Australian Special Forces units. Since the beginning of the War on Terror, these keffiyeh, usually cotton and in military olive drab or khaki with black stitching, have been adopted by US troops as well, a reversal of previous policy which saw them strictly forbidden during the Gulf War.[13] Their practicality in an arid environment, as in Iraq, explains their enduring popularity with soldiers. Soldiers often wear the keffiyeh folded in half into a triangle and wrapped around the face, with the halfway point being placed over the mouth and nose, sometimes coupled with goggles, to keep sand out of the face. This is also commonly done by armoured, mechanised and other vehicle-borne troops who use it as a scarf in temperate climates to ward off wind chill caused by being in moving vehicles. British soldiers deploying to Iraq or Afghanistan are now issued with a tan-colored shemagh. Irish Army Rangers use a green shemagh to conceal their identity whilst in the "green" role.
lol even the Elite boys from my country use it. you learn something new every day

NC luckers, guess they had to give you some good stuff since we get the awesome cap

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-09 at 02:22 AM.
Old 2013-05-09, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Man, there was a lot or racism on the official forums about this...

I think it looks awesome, but i'm a bit sad that they are not bringing Berret's into the game. T-Ray said that it wasn't the look they wanted for the NC. Perhaps TR will get them instead?

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-09, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
that's not kewl, silly interwebz people

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Old 2013-05-09, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
The commissar hat:
What we wanted:

What we got:

I really think the Planetside 2 engine can't do something like what it is proposed on this thread, or it will be very static clothe.
+1
The end result of the commissar hat is way too cartoonish compared to what we actually wanted.

As for this NC concept art: It fits well enough within the sci-fi badass style people are screaming for. Two concerns here though:
  • The PS2 engine will make it look horrible
  • There's a thin line between rebels/freedom fighters and terrorists. Since 9/11, people got brainwashed and will automatically associate this look with "terrorist"
Old 2013-05-09, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
+1
The end result of the commissar hat is way too cartoonish compared to what we actually wanted.

As for this NC concept art: It fits well enough within the sci-fi badass style people are screaming for. Two concerns here though:
  • The PS2 engine will make it look horrible
  • There's a thin line between rebels/freedom fighters and terrorists. Since 9/11, people got brainwashed and will automatically associate this look with "terrorist"
They need to be educated or slapped upside the head if they don't listen tbh and just wait till Matt unveils the next 2 design versions he has in the works

Old 2013-05-09, 04:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Can't claim that my warped mind is seeing the issue with it.
Then again, this is what I see:

Now we just need some appropriate ingame voices.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-05-09 at 04:05 AM.
Old 2013-05-09, 04:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by leifnielsen View Post
We will FIGHT for our freedom to wear goggles!!!
They still won't do anything.

Where's our Cobra Commander special?

Speaking of GI Joe, bet there's some head gear types in here they can use for inspiration.

(...just not the Serpentor helmet, please! xD)

Last edited by Figment; 2013-05-09 at 04:20 AM.
Old 2013-05-09, 04:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Can't claim that my warped mind is seeing the issue with it.
Then again, this is what I see:

Now we just need some appropriate ingame voices.
That's pretty much how I see the NC already - easily startled, but they'll soon return in greater numbers...

Old 2013-05-09, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

That's an NC setup that'll look good when we pull a 'Korhal' on Auraxius and turn the whole thing into a smoldering, glow in the dark desert.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-05-09, 05:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

IMO, If this helm is presented, there should be an alternative NC ES texturing, because I doubt Shemagh looks good with cowboy (checked) shirt.

Anyway I already imagine a band of NC raiders riding ATVs in these...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-05-09, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Brusi View Post
Space Arabs!

How can you not laugh at that though! Thats what im calling NC from now on.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-05-09, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
That's pretty much how I see the NC already - easily startled, but they'll soon return in greater numbers...

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-09, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
hashish
Sergeant

Yea I gotta say that actually looks really cool

Its unfortunate us Vanu don't get any cool designs even out of the three helms that came out recently, NC and TR's looked so different and unique whilst us VS jus get some cheap ass recycled helmet with black goggles am really getting put off VS the last 3 weeks.. I've invested in so much station cash and there's is nothing that looks cool to buy :@

NC and TR are starting to look really good though.. but they really need to sort out their VS designes..

I mean how hard is it to make a sikk looking scary alien sci fi helmet/design?? I can guarantee that a lot more people would pay for stuff likethat..

Last edited by hashish; 2013-05-09 at 05:45 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion