Cross Team Communication - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Giving credit where credit is due
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-25, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Yuyi
Roxxor your Boxxorz

Cross Team Communication

This may have already been answered but can someone from TR talk to someone from NC or can you only communicate with those in your empire?
Old 2002-12-25, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
afex
Contributor
Major

no
Old 2002-12-26, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
�io
Lieutenant General

Brief and to the point.

No chatting outside your empire, too easy to spy otherwise.
Old 2002-12-26, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
FireFrenzy
Sergeant Major

Really? I thought there was some sort of global/area chat channel. I can see why they would do this, but I don't think they realize if people really want to leak information, there is TONS of other ways to do it. Such as calling up a friend, forum pm'ing, one of the many messengers, irc. Oh well, guess it's all they can do...
Old 2002-12-26, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
�io
Lieutenant General

Yeah it's not like they can block all your internet traffic except PS all the time even if your not playing and also lock you in your house with no phones.
Old 2002-12-26, 12:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Unknown
First Sergeant

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to allow 'tabbing out' of PS. So no (text based) chat clients, etc. But there are still plenty of other ways to leak info, including voice comm programs. I wonder if there's any way people can get labeled as a "traitor" to their empire?
Old 2002-12-26, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
FireFrenzy
Sergeant Major

Well not just that, say your planning a HUGE raid on X base or bases, taking days to plan. Over that period of time, a "snitch" could just log off and tell someone else. So I assume you'll only really be able to plan with your outfit, or people you completely trust. But either way, I have a feeling leaking important infromation will happen all too often.
Old 2002-12-26, 01:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
oosik
Sergeant

Intelligent commanders will plan for this. Suppose I know there is a traitor in TR. I plan a big ass raid on several bases on Solsar and leave TR sanctuary with a dozen Galaxy transports and transit through the warpgate to Cyssor. Now the enemy, having been alerted, is waiting for me on Solsar...except my transports now turn and head for the Cyssor-Searhus warpgate.

Surprise, surprise! It is called sealed orders, and you don't tell people your real destination until you are in the air. No way that the enemy will be able to respond in time to an attack on Searhus from Solsar. The only viable way to get to Searhus from Solsar is by way of Cyssor. Anything else would be 3-4 warpgate transits, putting you way behind the attack formation in terms of time. And emerging from the Solsar warpgate and transiting to the Searhus warpgate could be a serious mistake if you are flying a bunch of Galaxies and there is a platoon of reavers waiting for you. Or an ambush on the Searhus-Cyssor warpgate approach vectors.
Old 2002-12-26, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
skin
Private

DUH!

why not do the same think every military does? put troops on stand by with no info. on the situation. only top ranking officials know (if theres a spy in there, he's led more of your troops to victory than he can do damage for), increase security around all bases pertaining to the assault (to decrease the risk of spying from the woods, field, ect.). Now, your troops are ready to go, your transports are set up, everything is in place. Best yet, NOONE KNOWS ABOUT IT BUT YOU!
Old 2002-12-26, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

There is no <b>in game</b> method to communicate with the enemy.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-26, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Xtc
Private

there wont be a global chat. cuz. 8932129083190283190832 players chatting at the same time...

a) not cool
b) spam
c) lag
Old 2002-12-26, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
roWmz
Private

But lets say I want to play as TR, and my RL friend wants to go Vanu... Shouldnt there be a way for me to /tell him?
Old 2002-12-26, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Xtc
Private

Originally posted by roWmz
But lets say I want to play as TR, and my RL friend wants to go Vanu... Shouldnt there be a way for me to /tell him?

well snce he's ur real life friend u can call him.

use a messenger: aim, icq, msn what not.

if it isnt a rl life.. im assuming u know the person well enough to want to tell him.

im guessing same outfit. so there should be a way to contact him........
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion