PSU: Open wide!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-06-23, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BulletExodus
Private

Ninja Turtles Movie Discussion!

Hardcore turtles fans UNITE! My favorite thing to watch was the original movie made in 1990. My first reaction to the new movie was to come up with the name for it, like Teenage Alien Ninja Turtles, but that just ain't catchy. And, I just recently heard Michael Bay's movie is being delayed by 10 weeks due to script problems.

Thoughts on everything so far?
Old 2012-06-23, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Canaris
Contributor
General

Re: Ninja Turtles Movie Discussion!

http://blip.tv/play/gbk7gvDNRgI.html?p=1

this man has my power of attorney
suffer the ad at the start it's well worth it

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-06-23, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Lol! Can we not talk about this, please? I'm not sure my childhood can suffer such a thing.

I was actually unaware that they were gonna make another movie until someone had mentioned Michael Bay was making them aliens. I mean... Eff! As if we don't have enough to do with aliens now, why can't we just stick with mutants? T_T

On a side note:
Michael Bay's Racist Alien Big Boobied Explosions!
Old 2012-06-23, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Canaris View Post
http://blip.tv/play/gbk7gvDNRgI.html?p=1

this man has my power of attorney
suffer the ad at the start it's well worth it
Good stuff. Quite amusing! But from what I've heard around the net the alien bit was actually the original story so what's being complained about is a return to the original roots of the characters that was distorted later by the better known series.
Old 2012-06-23, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Khrakhan
Corporal

I for one support a new turtle movie. And so what if they're aliens now? It's michael bay so you have to expect changes, probably along with a bunch of cheesy one-liners to try to make it 'kid friendly'.
Old 2012-06-23, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
BulletExodus
Private

The thing is, the movie is probably shot. How are the next generation going to see stories like this? They'll go around thinking the alien movie is actually the original story, and believe it or not that's a problem.
Old 2012-06-23, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Aliens or not Michael Bay is still the director the script is hardly my biggest concern lol
Old 2012-06-23, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Khrakhan
Corporal

Originally Posted by BulletExodus View Post
The thing is, the movie is probably shot. How are the next generation going to see stories like this? They'll go around thinking the alien movie is actually the original story, and believe it or not that's a problem.
lol, how is that a 'problem'? or you being sarcastic?

I've read some of the negative comments ppl have made, including the voice of mikey in the original film, and I cant believe ppl are getting so bent out of shape.

Claiming he is ruining childhood memeories? wtf. Your childhood memories are the sources from your childhood. Go back and watch those movies/comics if you want your precious nastalgia.

With that said, I'm dissapointed its Michael Bay directing it to begin with. The Transformers series was alright if you just wanted action and explosions, and didnt mind all the cheesy dialogue and mood ruining one-liners. And when it comes right down to it, TMNT is a childrens series, so of course they give it to the director who works with childish action movies.

Nolan wouldve done a far better job though, but once you find out it's MB in charge, you cant really be surprised/complain when he ruins the potential depth of the film.
Old 2012-06-23, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BulletExodus
Private

Originally Posted by Khrakhan View Post
lol, how is that a 'problem'? or you being sarcastic?

I've read some of the negative comments ppl have made, including the voice of mikey in the original film, and I cant believe ppl are getting so bent out of shape.

Claiming he is ruining childhood memeories? wtf. Your childhood memories are the sources from your childhood. Go back and watch those movies/comics if you want your precious nastalgia.

With that said, I'm dissapointed its Michael Bay directing it to begin with. The Transformers series was alright if you just wanted action and explosions, and didnt mind all the cheesy dialogue and mood ruining one-liners. And when it comes right down to it, TMNT is a childrens series, so of course they give it to the director who works with childish action movies.

Nolan wouldve done a far better job though, but once you find out it's MB in charge, you cant really be surprised/complain when he ruins the potential depth of the film.
I think it's a problem because it's the same concept as rewriting history. Sure I can adapt to an improving story with new ideas, but not to changing the origins to the story like that.

Last edited by BulletExodus; 2012-06-23 at 12:15 PM.
Old 2012-06-23, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Khrakhan
Corporal

This isnt history though. History actually happened, you can't rewrite it. Well you can, and after so long the next generations will believe it, but thats beside the point.

This is just a movie, a work of 'art'. They can change different things if they want, as filmmakers, that's what they do.

Some people may not like the changes, and thats fine. Dont have to watch it, but to be writing such uptight imflammatory comments (referring to all the internet asshats, not you) is asinine.
Old 2012-06-23, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
BulletExodus
Private

So some people conform, most don't. I say beware another spinoff like that TMNT CGI movie that came out a few years back.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge