idea for gals. cargo aircraft - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Cause that Riverdance is scary
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-31, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: idea for gals. cargo aircraft

Not that I'm aware of. I've heard of the occasional splat, but the only thing I can think of is "something modified your momentum value on the way down" or "bug".
Old 2012-12-31, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post

/thread
As I said, doesn't work. It's GAMS that requires 2 people to operate but allows to put an AMS in an even more hidy hole.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-12-31, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by NewSith View Post
As I said, doesn't work. It's GAMS that requires 2 people to operate but allows to put an AMS in an even more hidy hole.
When did you say it doesn't work? What? Do you brain the how? Can you even?
How is that not /thread?
Old 2012-12-31, 10:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
nilkilla
Private

Seeing how much badd reaction GAMS got, don't expect gal transport to carry a SAMS.

Also:
The Tortoise is what I was picturing last night. Maybe reduce troop carrying capacity and cap the gal a a light tank? This would be a really good idea.

Quote doesn't seem to like me reposting your message, lol
Old 2013-01-01, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
RSphil
Contributor
Major

The Tortoise aint bad but as most tanks are carried internally even today id stick with that idea. the gal as is i think would be big enough for 1 lightning at least.

glad people are liking the idea of a cargo Gal. the creates are what i want the most. vehicles are something for a later date. vehicles would be transported if we got faction specific Gal type aircraft, maybe larger.
Old 2013-01-01, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
yadda
Private

I would really like the see the Galaxy be relevant. It would be really nice if it could be given all of the functions of a sunderer minus the AMS.

Land it, deploy it, possible give it a nice armor boost like mentioned above. It can then be used as a mobile ammo tower and kit changer or possibly even a shield barrier to assist combat fronts/sunderers/unload safely in a dangerous spot.

I hate seeing it be so totally useless.
Old 2013-01-01, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

When did you say it doesn't work? What? Do you brain the how? Can you even?
How is that not /thread?
I understand your shock, but Lodestar is the same as G-AMS, sadly. I really hate the fact that GAMS was obliterated by community, despiute being an awesome concept.

On the other hand, though, I imagine that after Lodestar (which is somewhat confirmed) will get in, it will never be treated as "destroying frontlines", because the community is very susceptible to misconception.

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
The Tortoise aint bad but as most tanks are carried internally even today id stick with that idea. the gal as is i think would be big enough for 1 lightning at least.

glad people are liking the idea of a cargo Gal. the creates are what i want the most. vehicles are something for a later date. vehicles would be transported if we got faction specific Gal type aircraft, maybe larger.
I would like The Tortoise to have a carried vehicle vulnerable simply because that would give an (1) ESF a chance to prevent the vehicle drop.

Just imagine for a sec if you could destroy Liberator shells with low caliber ammo. Same thing, it adds that blurry line of exploitability preventing it from being OP.

If you take a Lodestar for example, from the original PS, its "blurry line" was it having zero fighting capabilities. Considering the pacing of the new game, in my opinion, weaponless bullet magnets will just not work.

Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-01-01 at 02:24 PM.
Old 2013-01-01, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

2 more from me:

THE SNOWBALL:
VEHICLE NAME: Snowball
VEHICLE TYPE: VTOL Gunship
PRIMARY USAGE: Aerial Fire Support
WEAPONRY: Tail Gun Emplacement, Top Gun Empacement, Wing Gun Emplacement (x2), Side Heavy Gun Emplacement
SPECIAL: Usable Dalton or Zephyr Weapons
Crew: 6 people - 1 Pilot, 5 Gunners

THE OVERSEER:

VEHICLE NAME: Overseer
VEHICLE TYPE: VTOL Mobile Fortress
PRIMARY USAGE: Ground Fortification
SECONDARY USAGE: Ammo Dispensing/Vehicle Repairs/Wide-Area Radar Reveal
WEAPONRY: Tail Gun Emplacement, Top Gun Empacement, Wing Gun Emplacement (x2)
SPECIAL: Deployable, puts on shield and enables equipment terminals
Crew: 5 people - 1 Pilot, 4 Gunners
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Galstar2.png
Views:	645
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Galstar3.png
Views:	657
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1025  

Old 2013-01-01, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
StumpyTheOzzie
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by RSphil View Post
ok, i have an idea to make gals a little more widely used.

id like to make a cert option to make into basically c130 transport.

bare with me here. when fighting in the field i sometimes cant find engineers to drop me ammo or a resupply sundy for my tank. specially as sundys are bullet magnets and not all engineers have brains lol.
I stopped reading here. I was genuinely interested in this idea for gals, but as an engineer who - while repairing friendly tanks - has been killed more times from dumbass drivers than the enemy, I can't stand by that insult.

Why do dumbass drivers always drive off (usually in reverse) as soon as I start repairing them?

So, no repairs for non-outfit anymore.

Edit: Ok, curiosity got the better of me.

/thread
Yep. Love it.

THE OVERSEER:

VEHICLE NAME: Overseer
VEHICLE TYPE: VTOL Mobile Fortress
PRIMARY USAGE: Ground Fortification
SECONDARY USAGE: Ammo Dispensing/Vehicle Repairs/Wide-Area Radar Reveal
WEAPONRY: Tail Gun Emplacement, Top Gun Empacement, Wing Gun Emplacement (x2)
SPECIAL: Deployable, puts on shield and enables equipment terminals
Crew: 5 people - 1 Pilot, 4 Gunners
Maybe just a flying interlink facility. leave out the vehicle repairs and ammo dispenser.

And to the OP, overall I love your idea. I think perhaps an internal nanite supply could re-charge the ammo boxes (like the engineer currently has to wait 5 seconds to re-deploy his turret but he has infinite charges of "turret deployment") Or just have 10 in storage.

How would you cost them though? 20 red resources for each ammo box or repair station?

And it'd be cool to have that linked up to command chat somehow so that squad leaders could requisition a drop and those drop co-ordinates appeared on your minimap. Bonus XPs for fulfilling a drop request.

Last edited by StumpyTheOzzie; 2013-01-01 at 04:02 PM.
Old 2013-01-01, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
AThreatToYou
Major

Lodestar? Destroying frontlines? What?

Lodestar made frontlines more solid... Lodestar made game fun. Lodestar was good.
Old 2013-01-01, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by thegreekboy View Post
Oh, by the way I really do like the idea of a gal cargo drop.

Was the Gal-AMS OP? Yes, in a way. However, that's because any random pub could spawn one. You make it 1500 certs to get one and only the most dedicated pilots will have it. It's reallt very vulnerable if you look at it as a whole. You'd need to at least multiply its health by 5 times to make it even viable to use. Think about it. Its about as big as 3 sunderers side to side and 2 up and down.
Cert cost in this game does not limit anyone to get anything.

If it's useful it'll be spammed.

Period. Even if you make it cost 7000, people will still get many by the end of the week.
Old 2013-01-01, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Lodestar? Destroying frontlines? What?

Lodestar made frontlines more solid... Lodestar made game fun. Lodestar was good.
I think you're either trolling or don't understand what I'm saying at all.

Let's start slowly then...
Do you like G-AMS (Galaxy AMS)?

Originally Posted by StumpyTheOzzie View Post
Maybe just a flying interlink facility. leave out the vehicle repairs and ammo dispenser.
Well, I tried to get it "TO THE MAX". Besides a Landed Galaxy is way easier to spot for enemy vehicles that need repairs or ammo ressuply. Sunderer really sucks in that regard, imo.

Also, the interesting thing about my 2 latest design is that the devs don't have to put any visuals in - Galaxy AWACS, Galaxy Equipment Terminals, Galaxy Shield and Dalton/Zephyr are already in the gamefiles since beta, half of it is just not used.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-01-01 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2013-01-01, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
AThreatToYou
Major

I think you're either trolling or don't understand what I'm saying at all.

Let's start slowly then...
Do you like G-AMS (Galaxy AMS)?
What does Galaxy AMS have to do with Lodestar? The Lodestar was a support vehicle that re-armed, repaired, and recharged vehicles nearby it provided it was deployed. It could also transport any ground vehicle by air.

Now, maybe you could put an S-AMS on it, but transporting AMS's to weird locations was hardly what the Lodestar was for. It was so obvious when that thing came flying in, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
Old 2013-01-01, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Now, maybe you could put an S-AMS on it, but transporting AMS's to weird locations was hardly what the Lodestar was for. It was so obvious when that thing came flying in, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
In (later) PS1 vehicles got deconstructed if they ended up on walls, that's the only true reason.

In PS2 that doesn't happen and thus Lodestar will be mostly used for SAMS transportation instead of ammo dispensing/vehicle repairs, which is atm done by Sunderer.

Old 2013-01-01, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
AThreatToYou
Major

In PS2 that doesn't happen and thus Lodestar will be mostly used for SAMS transportation instead of ammo dispensing/vehicle repairs, which is atm done by Sunderer.
Very poorly, might I add.

AMS's don't have cloak bubbles any more. Is... is there a problem with having an immobile AMS in a stupidly obvious location?

Oh, sure, you can have something against G-AMS. Because it can just fly away and it can move itself once its in position. Not a one-use deal. Plus it's a one-man deal.

At the very least, Lodestars transporting an AMS requires teamwork! Just 2 people. That will cut the occurrence of "G-AMS" phenomenon right in half.

I don't see any problem with Lodestar or an S-AMS on top of an AMP station.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-01-01 at 06:37 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion