Suggest some NC must buys, got SC cards for my bday - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu do it for the Tentacles.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-10, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ColdCheese
Corporal

Suggest some NC must buys, got SC cards for my bday

Ok I have most of the fun goodies for my TR thanks to the 3x SC day, but my poor NC character was neglected. Now I got a few weapons worth of SC for my bday and want some fun blue toys to play with. Made my first Nc purchase yesterday, the 1/2 off scattercannons and they rock, now need something for my other classes.
Old 2013-02-10, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

I would hold off on buying anything for alternate toons til they flesh out their retroactive unlocks idea.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Re: Suggest some NC must buys, got SC cards for my bday

Hold onto the cards until they have another tripls sc day which I think is coming up on July 4th I believe.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ColdCheese
Corporal

oh gawd so much wait and too much impatience in me
thanks for the good advice guys.

so counting they dont get nerfed, what weapons should I be looking forward to?
Old 2013-02-10, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

GD-7F - This gun is really good. Not quite as good as the Lynx but definitely worth getting.

Shotgun - get either of the semi-autos ideally so you also have a good slug gun.

Cyclone - best gun for an inf, some people like it on other classes.

A new gun for your HA. One of these.
GD-22s - easy to use and cheap feels like an assault rifle.
Anchor - CQC gun with high DPS and high ROF
EM6 -best all around LMG for NC.
Old 2013-02-10, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ColdCheese
Corporal

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
Shotgun - get either of the semi-autos ideally so you also have a good slug gun.
So the NC auto shotty equivalent to the Nighthawk isn't any good? I have the hawk and ive walked away from so many 1v1 and even 1v2 that its almost ez mode.
Old 2013-02-10, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ColdCheese View Post
So the NC auto shotty equivalent to the Nighthawk isn't any good? I have the hawk and ive walked away from so many 1v1 and even 1v2 that its almost ez mode.
If you enjoy the night hawk you should get the piston.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Palerion
Sergeant Major

GD-7F - This gun is really good. Not quite as good as the Lynx but definitely worth getting.
845 rpm = GD7-F

800 rpm = LC2 Lynx

???
Old 2013-02-10, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
845 rpm = GD7-F

800 rpm = LC2 Lynx

???
Is there a question to his statement? You can't just associate rounds per minute with how good a weapon is as you seem to be doing. Then again, you do play terran, so perhaps you guys do. I judge a weapons effectiveness on rounds per minute, damage, recoil, accuracy, and available attachments (to compensate for any deficiencies).
Old 2013-02-10, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by SGOniell View Post
Is there a question to his statement? You can't just associate rounds per minute with how good a weapon is as you seem to be doing. Then again, you do play terran, so perhaps you guys do. I judge a weapons effectiveness on rounds per minute, damage, recoil, accuracy, and available attachments (to compensate for any deficiencies).
Woah woah there, calm down. No reason to bash terrans, no reason to go on an accusational rant over a few words.

It was more of a question as to why the two weapons were being compared like that, as the GD7-F has the higher rate of fire and much different qualities than the lynx, and the lynx is certainly not the most favored TR weapon.

My apologies if my brief statement offended you, but I think you're over-reacting a bit.

Last edited by Palerion; 2013-02-10 at 05:32 PM.
Old 2013-02-10, 08:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
845 rpm = GD7-F

800 rpm = LC2 Lynx

???

Have you played with both?
I have.

You lose a little bit of RoF and gain a great deal.

40 round clip - this is a big deal. It means if you are a good shot you can dependably kill 3 people in a clip. If you are average shot(like me) it means you always have enough bullets to kill 2 people between reloads.

More total ammo.

Faster movement while ADS - this matters more than many people realize.

Also the CoF expands slower which isnt huge but is nice.

The GD-7F is good and the best the NC has to offer IMO. But the Lynx is a little better.
But Im just going through this because you asked.
The GD-7F/Lynx balance is really the least of the NC worries. I only mentioned it in the original post because the OP is coming over from TR.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-02-10 at 08:54 PM.
Old 2013-02-10, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Lets see, what I would recommend:

The GD-7F is a good bet because it's an absolute bullet hose (one which I still think doesn't belong in the NC arsenal, and all I play is NC), but honestly the Cyclone gives the NC an alternative which is pretty damn good and can be used with any class. This means you can invest a lot of cert points into upgrades for it and use it no matter what class you're playing.

For shotguns, I like my Mauler, it's powerful and with slugs if you ADS you can get some surprising ranged kills.

For sniper rifles, the LA80 has been my best friend. I see they just bumped up the projectile speed on the Longshot, which does make it more tempting than it used to be, but the LA80 still has faster reload and fire rates, and is an excellent bolt-action.

The Rebel pistol is a powerful alternative to the Mag-Shot. Able to be used on all classes, it kicks like a mule and it won't take more than a handful of rounds to take down an HA trooper from full health. The ammo pool is shallow but if you hit the bottom of your rifle's magazine and need to be sure that the next shot you fire is going to finish someone off, the Rebel is what you want to have as your sidearm.

I don't play HA terribly often but I do like my EM6. It's a well-rounded LMG, and while it still needs to be burst-fired to be effective, it's not as difficult to handle as the Gauss SAW. The EM1 is a good faster-firing alternative, but I tend to use the GD-22S as it's more like an AR than an LMG.

Speaking of ARs, I find myself usually using the NS-11A. The NS-11A benefits in a big way from being a common-pool rifle; you can fire it without other enemies nearby immediately recognizing the sound of hostile weapons fire. It also performs quite well.

I also really like the Basilisk MG which I've mounted on my flash, as well as the Bulldog turret for the front of my Sunderer. Must-haves would also have to include the HE turrets for the tanks and rocketpods for the Reaver (if you can live with feeling lame for using them).

A lot of people swear by the rifles with the noob-tube underslung grenade launchers. I suppose they're alright, but I prefer to have a quality rifle rather than a cheap trick.

People are going crazy right now over the Annihilator, but personally, I pull HA in response to a specific threat, so I go with either the dedicated AA launcher or the default dumbfire AV. I've been waffling between the Decimator or the lockon AV, as they both have their uses. If it's a Prowler parked outside the doorway, I want a Decimator in my hands, if it's a Magrider strafing around a few hundred yards away, a Crow is a better bet.

I can't speak much to MAX weapons as I don't usually use them much myself.

Weapons I regret getting:

Shadow bolt-action scout rifle: I got this after my brother went on a killing spree with one. Did not have the same success.

Stalker automatic scout rifle: This was a lot of fun with my Infil prior to the SMGs coming out. Now it just feels a little redundant. Maybe I'll find a purpose again for it some day, but I have a hard time justifying dropping more cert points into improving it when I can do the same with my SMG and all my classes benefit.

AC-X11 carbine and Reaper DMR AR - Got these in a bundle, so no big loss. They're very high-damage, slow-firing weapons, and suffer from monstrous CoF bloom issues. In theory, and when burst-fired, they can be very effective, particularly at range. But the reality is that they are what I like to think of as RNG weapons... whether I hit the enemy or not seems to be too much in the hands of the server instead of mine.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2013-02-10 at 09:48 PM.
Old 2013-02-10, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
STLYoungblood
Corporal

Cyclone - best gun for an inf, some people like it on other classes.
GD-22s - easy to use and cheap feels like an assault rifle.
This guy knows his stuff

GD-7F is by far my favorite gun in the game, not to mention it's a two-fer considering you get it on your engi and light assault. Cyclone is beast on infiltrator and isn't bad for other classes (ie LA). GD-22 is probably my second favorite gun as of right now.

As far as max goes, I actually prefer the hacksaws to the scatter cannon, but that's just me.

Are you spending much time in vehicles? If so:

Lightning - HE rounds - Holy moly domination
Reaver - Pods/Rotary
Liberator - Dalton/Tank Buster
Old 2013-02-10, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

GD-7F for engi/LA
Annihilator for HA
Reaper DMR or Gauss Rifle S for Med
SMG for all classes, but more for infiltrator really.

Ranger for Sunderer (in case you roll AMSes)

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-02-10, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
AThreatToYou
Major

Don't buy anything, because you are supposed to pick one faction and stay that way!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion