Vehicles will/should be rare. - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Only donate your life if you have one.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-16, 08:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Klockan
First Sergeant

Re: Vehicles will/should be rare.

Originally Posted by ArmedZealot View Post
Yes actually. Timers were 5 minutes for the common vehicles in PS1. 15-20 minutes would mean you get 1 vehicle per base capture, and that would be way too long.
But as has already been said the standard timer in PS2 is 15 minutes so the resource limits should be somewhere around that as well. The devs agree with me. I am just making a thread notifying people that vehicles will be less common than they think.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-16 at 08:51 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Klockan View Post
You will still see exactly that, it is just that to get that the players would have to save resources for 15-20 minutes or so. Is that too much organization for you?
If it only takes 15 min of resources to pull a tank, they will not be "rare" as you titled the thread. With a dedicated driver and gunner team alternating who pulls tanks, they only have to keep a tank alive for 7.5 minutes. And that's not including resources gained while the duo are offline.

So by your own timeframe, vehicles will not and should not be rare, which is exactly the opposite of when you started this thread...
Old 2012-07-16, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

But as has already been said the standard timer in PS2 is 15 minutes so the resource limits should be somewhere around that as well. The devs agree with me. I am just making a thread notifying people that vehicles will be less common than they think.
The timers in game are not set yet .They are only place holders
Old 2012-07-16, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Azren
Sergeant Major

There were indirectly classes with the suits.
No. You could take the heaviest weapons with the lightest suits (apart from cloaker).

Tank drivers always joined the foot zerging once the base's CY was secured.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
SergeantNubins
Corporal

The vehicles all look much more fragile than they used to. The default respawn timer is 1 5minutes, that can be reduced through certifications down to 5 minutes. Add in the resource cost and that bases are innaccessible to vehicles and you are not going to see everyone always in a tank/reaver.

Also I think they said it now takes 3 shots from a vanguard to kill a max.. so I think max units with dual AV will be as big a deterrent from taking your vehicle into a base area as max units with dual AA are to air units.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Starship Troopers was a good example of why foot zerging is bad. And Aliens was a good example of why vehicles are good.

Old 2012-07-16, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
SgtMAD
Captain

LOL, these threads crack me up,so much confusion,so many silly ideas
Old 2012-07-16, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Accuser View Post
If it only takes 15 min of resources to pull a tank, they will not be "rare" as you titled the thread. With a dedicated driver and gunner team alternating who pulls tanks, they only have to keep a tank alive for 7.5 minutes. And that's not including resources gained while the duo are offline.

So by your own timeframe, vehicles will not and should not be rare, which is exactly the opposite of when you started this thread...
I meant if you bought the first vehicle you had money for, with 3 resources you would take on third off the timer. If you can on average spawn a large vehicle every ~10 minutes it would be fine, it is just that it would have to be a different vehicle every time. Also with the much higher lethality of the game you would have a hard time keeping that tank alive for long as soon as it gets to the frontline.
Originally Posted by SUBARU View Post
The timers in game are not set yet .They are only place holders
Yup, but that gives us an indication of what they want with the game.

Originally Posted by Azren View Post
No. You could take the heaviest weapons with the lightest suits (apart from cloaker).

Tank drivers always joined the foot zerging once the base's CY was secured.
Doesn't matter if he can fill all the roles or not, the point is that the drivers are way weaker than the infantrymen so as long as you get to the corridors you want as few drivers as possible.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Flexy
Private

These thread are a bit silly . Unless you played the beta allready. There's not too mutch to talk about lets wait until we are in the game first before bringing the game down . I truely believe that the balance will be ok its not everyone that will want to drive tanks . And by the looks of video's eng will be able to distroy them easy enough. I think the balance is ok .
Old 2012-07-16, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by SergeantNubins View Post
The vehicles all look much more fragile than they used to. The default respawn timer is 1 5minutes, that can be reduced through certifications down to 5 minutes. Add in the resource cost and that bases are innaccessible to vehicles and you are not going to see everyone always in a tank/reaver.

Also I think they said it now takes 3 shots from a vanguard to kill a max.. so I think max units with dual AV will be as big a deterrent from taking your vehicle into a base area as max units with dual AA are to air units.
I am not complaining, this thread is more to state a fact. Vehicles will be rare compared to PS1. The only ones complaining about that are some who comes from PS1. People from other games have no problem with vehicles being rather rare.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-16 at 09:04 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
Canaris
Contributor
General

I am not complaining, this thread is more to state a fact. Vehicles will be rare compared to PS1. The only ones complaining about that are some who comes from PS1. People from other games have no problem with vehicles being rather rare.
used your all seeing magic 8 ball to conjure up these facts and opinions eh?
but then what do we know we're just stuck up PS1 vets who don't know anything

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-07-16, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
DukeTerror
Private

Just think that your evidence to that fact is fairly thin and contrary to PS traditional gamestyle. So far the whole resource system has not been showed to "live" game standards. It's either been granted to players to play the E3 demo, or hinted in parts by the Dev interviews with stipulation that it all depends on Beta response.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

All I can say, is you better hope vehicles aren't as rare as many of you seem to want, because if they are... War Machine will be pushing you back to your footholds. We will eat your cake and have our tanks too.

Old 2012-07-16, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

This isn't fact. I've been following this game, since the early development photos back last year in January. I have never been under the impression vehicles are going to be rare. Entire outfits are going to be based around using armor columns to air squadrons. You are in for a rude awakening come release.
Old 2012-07-16, 09:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Klockan
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by DukeTerror View Post
Just think that your evidence to that fact is fairly thin and contrary to PS traditional gamestyle. So far the whole resource system has not been showed to "live" game standards. It's either been granted to players to play the E3 demo, or hinted in parts by the Dev interviews with stipulation that it all depends on Beta response.
Everything we have heard and seen points towards resources not being abundant. Your only counterargument is that vehicles were abundant in PS1 so they will be as well in PS2. They changed so many other things pertaining to basic game play such as this.

Last edited by Klockan; 2012-07-16 at 09:16 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion