PC Gamer UK date vs E3 timing - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pope on a Rope!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-06-02, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DarkTower
Private

PC Gamer UK date vs E3 timing

Was doing my shopping today and decided to look to see if the PC Gamer UK magazine #241 was in the shops yet (rather than just for the subscribers). It wasn't, but there was one from last month (#240), and on the last page it said that #241 will be in the shops on June 6th....

I know that the beta keys aren't guaranteed access to the beta straight away, and I doubt that the beta would start taking people during E3, because I doubt the devs want the servers crashing then!! However, TB's supposed to be doing live-streaming during E3, and SOE seems to be pushing PS2 to be big at E3 anyway, which makes me think/hope we'll be getting some big announcements at E3. Maybe it's me getting too worked up by the date, but it seems to me like they might do something like announcing that the beta will start taking people once E3 is finished!

Is this just me putting too much in a possible co-incidence, or is this actually an awesome marketing strategy worthy of the game itself?
Old 2012-06-02, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Re: PC Gamer UK date vs E3 timing

Well... The 6th of the month isn't an atypical shelf date for magazines. It's the first Wednesday of the month, with Tuesdays and Wednesdays being the common shelf days for games/movies and books, respectively. It just has to do with distribution models.
Old 2012-06-02, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JHendy
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by DarkTower View Post
Is this just me putting too much in a possible co-incidence, or is this actually an awesome marketing strategy worthy of the game itself?
Announcing it would definitely make sense, whether it will be that soon after E3 or not is anyone's guess. I can't see it happening directly after E3, though.
Old 2012-06-02, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MasterChief096
Sergeant Major

I believe that in Total Biscuit's first video he said that the game is in alpha stage (we all knew that) and that it is "nowhere near ready for beta". Correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
GreatMazinkaise
Captain

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post
I believe that in Total Biscuit's first video he said that the game is in alpha stage (we all knew that) and that it is "nowhere near ready for beta". Correct me if I'm wrong.
He did say that... but he considering how many things he gets wrong (20mm cannon on a Prowler?) in some of his vids, I'm sure that should be taken with a grain of salt.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by GreatMazinkaise View Post
He did say that... but he considering how many things he gets wrong (20mm cannon on a Prowler?) in some of his vids, I'm sure that should be taken with a grain of salt.
yeah, there was a theory the other day that SOE had him play an old build of the game. I think HA is now the only class we aren't seeing regularly. They're nearly ready, woohoo!
Old 2012-06-02, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bags
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by MasterChief096 View Post
He played an alpha build, probably weeks behind their newest internal build.

They wouldn't want him playing on a crashy client.
Old 2012-06-02, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Mechzz
Major

Originally Posted by Bags View Post
He played an alpha build, probably weeks behind their newest internal build.

They wouldn't want him playing on a crashy client.
Snap! I get to keep the ponies
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion