Guide To Receiving A Beta Key - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If I was prepared you'd be sorry.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-26, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ArchAngelAlien
Private

Guide To Receiving A Beta Key

Hello! This is my first post on the forums and I created this account to make this post to share a secret on receiving a beta key that you might not know!

Are you tired of sitting on Planetside's 2 twitter and trying to piece together [BetaKeyBill]'s tweets of confusing numbers only to be beat to the punch line?

Well guess what I was tired of it as well and I did some research.

This method will secure you a beta key 100% but will cost you $4.99. The reason it costs $4.99 is because you have to buy an issue of PC Gamer magazine July edition, which includes a beta code for Planetside 2.

You are buying the digital version of this magazine, and receiving your beta key via email.

Don't worry about it being from the UK. UK keys work for US and vise versa.

Let us begin!

------------------GUIDE TO YOUR BETA KEY 100% WORKING------------------

Step 1. Go to this website.

http://www.zinio.com/browse/publicat...ctId=500608931

Click the indicated button in the picture:

Proceed to payment and pay for the single issue of the magazine.

Step 2. What you want to do is order this magazine. Make sure you disable continuous service and only order that particular issue. (I never had a continous service to disable, but I suggest you look into your Zinio account.)

It should come out to a total of $4.99 for the single copy. When your order is confirmed, you should receive a receipt from this particular merchant.

Step 3. What you want to do is send an e-mail to pcgamer.giftageddon (at) futurenet (dot) com. In the e-mail, explain that you would like to opt-in to their PlanetSide 2 beta key giveaway, and include a copy of your receipt. Once that e-mail is sent, it will likely take a few days for your request to be processed. They should still have plenty of keys available, and send you a key when they respond.

That is basically it. Now you may be asking, where is the source? How do I know I am not getting scammed?

Here is your proof of source:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c...you_get_a_key/

And there you go, within 2-3 days you recieve your beta key, just like me for $4.99. Also, you get to enjoy the latest issue of Pc Gamer magazine July edition!

(I am in no way affiliated with Pc Gamer magazine, or Zinio.com. I am just a gamer that loves Planetside 2 and wanted to share my knowledge of how I got a beta key. I am in no way shape or form responsible for any form of losses ect. If you follow this guide correctly, like I did.. you should get a beta key.)

Happy gaming!

Last edited by ArchAngelAlien; 2012-06-26 at 11:35 PM.
Old 2012-06-26, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
LegioX
First Sergeant

Re: Guide To Receiving A Beta Key

Or just bribe a UK guy on the forums to go buy you a copy/cd-key and pay him back through paypal

nice write up btw
Old 2012-06-26, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MyMeatStick
Sergeant

I'm partial to a bribe to get PC gamer magazines.......... *Wink*
Old 2012-06-26, 07:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

Cool!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-06-26, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Well this would be cool if I wasn't already a vet and happy enough that I get priority anyway, but I'll be honest, any proof linking to a social media site makes me wary regardless of how many people post their success stories. Are there any other links with the instructions? Like post a picture of the page in that issue with the instructions written on it for those of us who don't want to put 5 bucks down straight off?
Old 2012-06-26, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Enemy
Private

Misc Info

confirming that this works.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ArchAngelAlien
Private

Originally Posted by Cuross View Post
Well this would be cool if I wasn't already a vet and happy enough that I get priority anyway, but I'll be honest, any proof linking to a social media site makes me wary regardless of how many people post their success stories. Are there any other links with the instructions? Like post a picture of the page in that issue with the instructions written on it for those of us who don't want to put 5 bucks down straight off?

This is the actual page from the digital version of the magazine.

It states the email adress to reply to if your code did not work, or if there was an error.

This situation applies to that error, as stated before on redit by Chris,

"Here's the thread.
http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthr...209#post203209
Here's the zinio link
http://www.zinio.com/browse/publicat...***=cat1960060
It's 4.99 USD, and your key will be emailed to you within a few days, apparently you must opt in for emails on the zinio account settings to receive this email, if you don't want to do that then you can email [email protected] to contact their support and provide them with a proof of purchase to get your key, although, I would wait a bit as they seem kind of swamped and the beta isn't even out yet.
EDIT: /facepalm, I meant Zinio not Zimio."

Also I have taken the steps above and received my own beta key. I understand you may have doubts but I don't gain anything from you buying this magazine, as I am not affiliated with the website, nor PC Gamer in anyway.

This is just a guide I wrote up to help people get beta keys. There is no harm intended. I cannot guarantee after July when the next issue of Pc Gamer magazine is released, the email support will continue to issue out keys after July.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Cuross
Master Sergeant

Ah thanks. And it's not that I don't trust that it's a legit thing, haha, just when people post things like "Here is proof *tags reddit/tumblr/etc*" I instantly cringe and begin to question the legitimacy of the claim haha. The page is proof enough and I'm glad to know that the option is still available for people looking to get a Beta key

Thanks for the headsup
Old 2012-06-26, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Just be aware that this UK PC Gamer beta code may not be a Priority code. Why not?

In the Producers Letter today they said:

"External Beta will include primary rounds of entry for existing PlanetSide 1 players and additional External Beta registrants, including those who obtained Beta codes from the PC Gamer magazine cover feature."

The cover feature was the April US edition of PC Gamer.
Old 2012-06-26, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Pyreal
First Sergeant

SOE should have just SOLD BETA keys, at least the Devs would get the money instead of PC Gamer!
Old 2012-06-26, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ArchAngelAlien
Private

A post from Planetside 2 executive producer Josh Hackney on the Planetside 2 blog

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/26/pl...ds-of-invites/
Old 2012-06-26, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post
Just be aware that this UK PC Gamer beta code may not be a Priority code. Why not?

"External Beta will include primary rounds of entry for existing PlanetSide 1 players and additional External Beta registrants, including those who obtained Beta codes from the PC Gamer magazine cover feature."

It sounds like your nitpicking Smeds quote, or is this confirmed to actually be the case? Did I just blow 5 bucks
Old 2012-06-26, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ArchAngelAlien
Private

Originally Posted by Pyreal View Post

Originally Posted by OutlawDr View Post
It sounds like your nitpicking Smeds quote, or is this confirmed to actually be the case? Did I just blow 5 bucks
Not sure to be honest. Maybe perhaps those who receive keys via this method are induced in a waiting period to log into servers? Anyone else have any info on this? I am not quite sure what he is saying.
Old 2012-06-26, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
OutlawDr
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Enemy View Post
confirming that this works.
Did you just go through process just now, or did you do it a while back and have received the code since then?
Old 2012-06-26, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

Hey I got that email about my computer specs as a tester, but when I clicked on the link to tell them what I have, it just says "you are already signed up for beta"...

What's with that?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion