Why did they make it call of planetside =( - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ooops! That was our galaxy?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2014-06-29, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Why did they make it call of planetside =(

Theres times I think they don't test anything and don't think anything through.. Lets think about this, locking a cont by being the strongest faction gives you the ability to pull double the vehicles/aircraft/MAXs.... a pretty huge bonus.

So.. basically like in CoD where you get a strength bonus for already dominating people locking a cont (dominating other factions) gives you a strength bonus so you dominate even more... I.. I'm at a loss for words how dumb this is.

The exp bonus is fine, it encourages people to lock conts but doesn't give a strength bonus to the people who take it, the other conts need something along similar lines. Sadly for now I don't have any ideas on what it could be.. but this current system needs to go or whatever faction is dominating a server is just going to become completely unstoppable.

Half price MAXs and MBTs? ye that sounds fun to fight against when you already were struggling to win....
Old 2014-06-29, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Stardouser
Colonel

Re: Why did they make it call of planetside =(

The price should be the same, you ought to be able to outright deny the ability to spawn tanks on a certain continent via capturing the right facilities.

Of course, there should also be functional warpgates so that you can bring tanks from other continents...
Old 2014-06-29, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
STOMPIE
Private

Sorry, but what COD have you been playing???? Im truly interested to know what qualifies you to make such an outrageous claim. So that you are aware, Im a 4 year COD veteran, there is nothing I dont know about the game so when you reply be sure Ill know if you are bullshiting and I will call you out on it!

So for the record, there is nothing and I mean NOTHING in COD that even remotely resembles cont locking, the benifits that you get from cont locking or resources!!

Im eager for your reply....or next time dont be so keen to make comparisons you have very limited knowledge about.
Old 2014-06-29, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
War Barney
Sergeant Major

<sigh> i doubt you've ever played CoD as while I haven't played it I know full well you get kill streak bonuses meaning those who are dominating get super weapons (dogs, helicopters) which let them kill EVEN more people, and like that the faction which is dominating gets a strength bonus now by being able to spawn twice as many tanks/MAX/aircraft.

You should NEVER have a system which means the winning side gets a strength bonus, yes they need a reward for winning and the hossin reward is perfect as its exp, something worth fighting over but it wont help them win any fights, the others though need to change.
Old 2014-06-29, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
STOMPIE
Private

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
<sigh> i doubt you've ever played CoD as while I haven't played it I know full well you get kill streak bonuses meaning those who are dominating get super weapons (dogs, helicopters) which let them kill EVEN more people, and like that the faction which is dominating gets a strength bonus now by being able to spawn twice as many tanks/MAX/aircraft.

You should NEVER have a system which means the winning side gets a strength bonus, yes they need a reward for winning and the hossin reward is perfect as its exp, something worth fighting over but it wont help them win any fights, the others though need to change.
Oh dear God!! Please stop now! You havent got a clue what you are talking about. But just to be clear....lets school you a little on your lack of knowledge. "Super weapons"....SMH

1) There is no BONUS system in COD!! As a player, you earn point streaks or kill streaks (depending on which COD). When you earn them, and use them, the points or kills that you get from them are not BONUSES! They are point you earn from the streak you have just called in. NOT A BONUS!

2) These streaks add up, and depending on your own personal skill, you can accumulate them to reach your chosen streak loadout. NOT A BONUS

3) There is no BONUS feature or has ever been one in COD. If you are in a team, everything you earn on the battlefield, is your own! The team doesnt get any extra XP or ANYTHING when they are capturing, holding or defending any kind of objective. The only other type of points a player can gain by not killing an apponent, assisting in killing an apponent, or objective based is for achieving a certain task.... but again, NOT A BONUS!!

The only kind of BONUS type of anything in COD is implemented by the developers. Its called double xp and is for short periods of time....AND THATS FOR EVERYONE!

You know nothing about COD! Why dont you rather make comparisons of what you think you know about Planetside 2 to some other game you know nothing about!

So to summerize lets define a bonus. Something that is added to or gained in addition to ones original objective or acheivement. CALL of Duty DOES NOT HAVE THAT SYSTEM!!!

Yes, i am sick of COD, yes I have moved on from it to PS2. No i dont know everything about PS2, but while i wait for it to release on PS4, i have downloased it to my PC, i try and play it to get familiar with the maps, weapons, and structure to everything. No i dont over opinionate my feelings about PS2 because i feel i dont have a right to. But when someone like you makes a stupid comparison between COD and PS2, thats just ignorent and arrogant.

I hope you have learnt something from todays lesson? And if you would like to learn anything else regarding the most successful FPS franchise in gaming history, Call of Duty, please dont be shy to ask.
Old 2014-06-29, 09:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Old 2014-06-30, 02:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
DynamoECT
Private

Originally Posted by STOMPIE View Post
Oh dear God!! Please stop now! You havent got a clue what you are talking about. ...
He can't stop. He has some kind of compulsion to write nonsense on this forum. I especially like the patronising <sigh> he puts in front of his opinions to show how tiresome he finds your contrary belief to be. If you try and reason with him, then he'll just post page after page of opinion mislabelled as fact until you give up. If you point out that he's an idiot, or that his opinions indicate a certain lack of skill at the game (which they do), then he'll discount you as a troll. It never ends.
Old 2014-06-30, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
STOMPIE
Private

Originally Posted by DynamoECT View Post
He can't stop. He has some kind of compulsion to write nonsense on this forum. I especially like the patronising <sigh> he puts in front of his opinions to show how tiresome he finds your contrary belief to be. If you try and reason with him, then he'll just post page after page of opinion mislabelled as fact until you give up. If you point out that he's an idiot, or that his opinions indicate a certain lack of skill at the game (which they do), then he'll discount you as a troll. It never ends.
LOL...its sad that people like him have nothing better to do than spread their disease called "absolute bullshit"!
Old 2014-06-30, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Stompie can you stop trolling

http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Killstreak

Point proved, I don't know if they've done away with them in later games but a bonus for dominating other players has made a showing in many CoD games.

Or are you going to try and deny this again?
Old 2014-06-30, 03:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Crator
Major General

Should have just left the COD comment out of the thread. Anyways, I agree with your point about PS2 rewards system for locking and such. It doesn't make much sense to give the faction that just won an advantage that helps them over everyone else who just lost.

/sarcasm on

Let's give everyone who already won an easier time to win in the future. Perpetuating the winning for the faction who just won. Especially since there can be/are population imbalances.

/sarcasm off

Perhaps if there was a way to fix population imbalances and prevent empire hopping, giving advantages would be nice. PS1 gave advantages but it also had 8 hour empire hopping timers...

Last edited by Crator; 2014-06-30 at 03:52 PM.
Old 2014-06-30, 04:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Should have just left the COD comment out of the thread. Anyways, I agree with your point about PS2 rewards system for locking and such. It doesn't make much sense to give the faction that just won an advantage that helps them over everyone else who just lost.

/sarcasm on

Let's give everyone who already won an easier time to win in the future. Perpetuating the winning for the faction who just won. Especially since there can be/are population imbalances.

/sarcasm off

Perhaps if there was a way to fix population imbalances and prevent empire hopping, giving advantages would be nice. PS1 gave advantages but it also had 8 hour empire hopping timers...
Perhaps the CoD comment was too much but it one of the things that makes CoD multiplayer so bad is its way of rewarding people who are winning with even more power.

There should be a empire hopping time regardless of rewards really, if you just want to win or level quickly theres no reason not to just have a character of every faction on 1 server and see whos winning alerts at the time. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if in alerts the winning sides ends up getting a huge population boost near the end is because everybody on the losing side logs to their alts for the exp.

As for the rewards they just should NEVER give a strength bonus for winning, its going to completely ruin the game, if 1 faction is dominating theres already a good reason for people to hop over to that faction, these bonuses now make it a no brainer.
Old 2014-06-30, 04:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
War Barney
Sergeant Major

MESSAGE TO ADMIN!!

You can delete this thread as I've made another more concise thread on the subject.
Old 2014-06-30, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
STOMPIE
Private

Originally Posted by War Barney View Post
MESSAGE TO ADMIN!!

You can delete this thread as I've made another more concise thread on the subject.
LOL...good to see you have acknowledged the error of your ways. And its good to see you got the hint and schooled yourself in COD knowledge.

I see you have also come to your senses and realised that your COD comment was TOTALLY invalid.
Old 2014-06-30, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
War Barney
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by STOMPIE View Post
LOL...good to see you have acknowledged the error of your ways. And its good to see you got the hint and schooled yourself in COD knowledge.

I see you have also come to your senses and realised that your COD comment was TOTALLY invalid.
No actually it wasn't completely invalid I already proved my point with the link showing that kill streaks giving you a bonus which gets you more kills IS a thing in COD just like how locking a cont gives you a boost in the ability to buy MAXs, vehicles and aircraft which nets you more kills.

I've simply decided a title which mentions the issue directly is more likely to get a proper discussion going along with ideas to fix it.

Or are you really going to try and deny absolute proof? In fact please do, if you want I can even link a video of somebody getting a kill streak then receiving a bonus which helps them get more kills so you can try to deny thats real as well.
Old 2014-06-30, 10:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
camycamera
Major

i can understand where you are comming from, but this is subject to change with not only the resource revamp, but other phases of continent locking. this is just a temporary change.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion