I'm deconstructing every vehicle I'm in before it dies. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of the Uber-Secret Midget Army.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-22, 03:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Re: I'm deconstructing every vehicle I'm in before it dies.

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
...also give kill credit to someone who has damaged someone else more then X% so if they still crash into the ground you get points.
Absolutely agree on this - if you do some damage to an aircraft and then it crashes right after you should get a critical kill assist, not just a regular assist, and if you do a lot of damage and then it crashes you should just flat-out get a kill.

It's very annoying to chase some fighter all over, do a ton of damage to them and then have them crash at the last moment - denying you your kill and netting you just the standard, crappy assist xp (at best).

Old 2013-03-22, 04:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I always get the ESF kill credit. But then OSKs tend to have that effect.

I TKed one of my outfit mates awhile back because he kept deconning a perfectly good Lib that an 'enemy might have killed when it was low on hp'.

But people have been denying kill credit where it was earned since PS1, though it was only really pilots in PS1 that could do it.

Either way, it is one of the easier fixes to shitty gameplay PS2 can make now.

Old 2013-03-22, 04:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Pella
Captain

Pilots on Miller like to log off when there ass has been handed to them.

I have even seen pilots not even attempt to fight me, And juts log off...

Log Off
Deconstruct

Both need timers.
Old 2013-03-22, 05:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
phungus
Master Sergeant

This is how the game is meant to be played. I always try to crash my ESF and deny XP.

If you're not supposed to do this, then why is deconing and crashing to deny XP in the game? It's to make me feel good for the greif caused lulz, there is no other reason for this game mechanic to exist.

Now I'd prefer just giving people proper credit when they kill air targets, and denying 500XP in a go is pretty significant. It's really, really frustrating to get denied the kill credit and the huge XP chunk, but since I deal with that frustration I'm damn sure going to try to get a little bit of greifing fun for my own self when the opportunity arises.

Serious question for Higby or any dev. Is this intended? And if so why? Is dishing out frustration to many players really worth that little bit of sadistic pleasure I and others like me get? I'm serious. I see no other point for this mechanic, it has to be an intentional game mechanic you guys added in at this point, especially given the ease of deconstructing, and the fact it would be pretty easy to just give kill credits on suicides to the last person to do damage and lock out vehicle air ejects without certing into ejection seat. So is greifing all around the real reason this mechanic exists, or is there something I'm missing here? I literally cannot think of any other reason for the game XP to work this way, especially in the air game. If there is another reason for this, please tell me. I'm honestly curious.

Last edited by phungus; 2013-03-22 at 05:29 AM.
Old 2013-03-22, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
phungus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
Because every other jackass on Waterson is doing it. Fought nothing but NC today and I'd bet 1/3rd of the vehicles that I had on fire were decon'd before I could finish them off. Tired of being denied XP by a moronic feature. Just take the damn deconstruct option away Higby!@
I find I still get killed alot if I try to decon the ESF, though this does work well for tanks and sundees. I really should bind /suicide so I can be even more of a bastard But regardless I find in an ESF, where this is the most pertinent, that it's better to just crash. It's rare for an ESF to get the kill on me as I can usually take enough evasives to make it to the ground to crash and XP deny.
Old 2013-03-22, 05:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

Destroying an empty vehicle definitely needs to grant xp.

You are destroying war assets and forcing players to wait for a timer in a lot of cases. If someone gets out of their vehicle to repair or for whatever reason destroying it is still a huge help.
Old 2013-03-22, 07:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Crashing and deconstructing when you are damaged should just count as a kill.

Problem solved.
Old 2013-03-22, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by phungus View Post
It's to make me feel good for the greif caused lulz, there is no other reason for this game mechanic to exist.

Serious question for Higby or any dev. Is this intended? And if so why? Is dishing out frustration to many players really worth that little bit of sadistic pleasure I and others like me get? s.
The "EVE Online" approach. Player tears are practically a second currency.
Old 2013-03-22, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Slightly more relevant question - what happens if you've certed into the ejection seat and bail out mid-dogfight? Does your opponent get kill credit for your aircraft? Does it explode when you bail, or keep flying for them to keep shooting at?

You SHOULD get full credit for killing the plane, but I've no idea if you actually do....
Old 2013-03-22, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
psijaka
Contributor
Major

I honestly don't see the reason for deconstruct to be in the game at all. Completely open to abuse. If it must be in, then only allow deconstruction of full health vehicles.

And why the need for /suicide when you can redeploy?

Both are lame.
Old 2013-03-22, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
Pilots on Miller like to log off when there ass has been handed to them.

I have even seen pilots not even attempt to fight me, And juts log off...

Log Off
Deconstruct

Both need timers.
Seen two top TR players on miller both br 100 do this to protect K/D's it's pathetic lol. Should have to be out of the vehicle to log off i reckon.
Old 2013-03-22, 07:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Snipefrag
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Code:
bool CPS2BaseVehicle::CanVehicleDeconstruct()
{
	if(!getVehicleCurrentHealth())
		return false; // Vehicle is dead

return ((getVehicleCurrentHealth() / getVehicleTotalHealth()) * 100 <= 30
		 || getVehicleUnOccupiedTimeInSeconds() <= 10);
}
  1. find dev
  2. copy paste into code
  3. win?!

This makes me curious, since the phoenix missile is technically a vehicle, i wonder if you can deconstruct it? I guess you wouldn't be able to anyway, since you cant get access to the UI when 'in' it?

Last edited by Snipefrag; 2013-03-22 at 07:50 AM.
Old 2013-03-22, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
We've always had redeploy, but now its even easier to use. So the only reason /suicide exists is to troll people.
I disagree. I use /suicide all the time because when I need to recall to the WG, grab something and go. I'm not gonna wait around another 10 seconds if I don't have to.

Originally Posted by PredatorFour View Post
Seen two top TR players on miller both br 100 do this to protect K/D's it's pathetic lol. Should have to be out of the vehicle to log off i reckon.
If they've done that just to keep their KDR, then they're not exactly top players are they?

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Last edited by bpostal; 2013-03-22 at 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling and clarififcation
Old 2013-03-22, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Snipefrag View Post
This makes me curious, since the phoenix missile is technically a vehicle, i wonder if you can deconstruct it? I guess you wouldn't be able to anyway, since you cant get access to the UI when 'in' it?

Yeah, to make vehicle driver to shit his pants looking to approaching Phoenix when it suddenly deconstructs before hitting the vehicle. Pure fun
Old 2013-03-22, 08:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Maarvy
Master Sergeant

You should only be able to deconstruct a vehicle with full health and then it should have at least a 30 second timer before it despawns .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion