Stop running in front of people !!! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Some kittens can fly!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-05-21, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Hamma
PSU Admin

I was hoping they'd fix the vpad problem before release.

They mentioned they were looking into it, so hopefully we will see something soon

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-05-21, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Destroyeron
Troll x2

How about this, you've got 30 second to get into the vehicle before it is flung off the fpad. (like a catapult)

And you get any greif points from the people it kills, it could also be used in base defending...
Old 2003-05-21, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Heres one for ya... You got a thumper and some lag, right? Then you try to purchase a vehicle but get gheyd up by the lag and while you were selecting your vehicle the hud lags but finally disappears. Only find yourself blasting nades into the Vterm. Oh fuckin joy. Fortunately i've never done this when its clusterfucked.

The only thing that really fries my cone is the fact that this is all OFN. I've been pissed off about retards on Vpads for a couple years now in T2. But at least in T2 you get a hotkey for your purchase. With each new and "innovative" game i would expect steps forward. T2 Vpads are bad enough. PS Vpads are worse. WTF!!! And this is the future??? Hey here's a new PS weapon... it's called a club... and these are stones... If you got bothin your inventory Alt Fire hits the stones with the club.

Why must the player be slowed down by PSs gheyass interface. The game is already geriatric slow. Theres to many fucked up toggles. I mean how many do you need for fuck sake?
Old 2003-05-21, 09:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Bodhidharma
If someone moves in front of you while shooting, then stop shooting.

What really annoys me, is when you're trying to assault a base... you're moving down some stairs... and you've got about 4-5 guys pumping fire into a doorway. Well that's fine and dandy, but damnit when there's a lull in the fire I'm going through. You're not going to get anywhere sitting there shooting through the doorway... SOMEONE has to move through.... and when they do, they WILL be moving in front of you. It's your job to stop shooting long enough for me to get through the doorway so we can actually advance into the base and not spend all day exchanging shots through a doorway.

Ditto for attacking towers. Some people go around corners, and stay all the way back against the wall and fire up the stairs. Well DUH... if I want to advance around the corner and past you... I have to cross your line of fire just to get around the corner. If you were up closer to the foot of the stairs, then I could go BEHIND you and advance up the stairs.

So when people run in front of you... take a moment to assess where YOU are in relation to everyone else. Perhaps you are giving them no choice to advance other than crossing your line of fire.
They run IN FRONT ON YOU WHILE YOU ARE FIRING. This is just dumb fucking people.
Old 2003-05-21, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Squeeky
Nice post Bodhidharma.
He is obviously one of the people I am speaking about.
Old 2003-05-21, 10:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
r3d
Banned

Running infront of people doesnt help make friends either
Just ask PR24 with me. I got him wep locked fro running infront of him.
It makes you feel like an ass when you give people grief too.
Old 2003-05-21, 10:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
PR24
Major

Originally posted by r3d
Running infront of people doesnt help make friends either
Just ask PR24 with me. I got him wep locked fro running infront of him.
It makes you feel like an ass when you give people grief too.
We are cool now though

One a side note people also have to remember if a MAX is clearing the area be happy they are helping the light armor move in for the clean up and hack. All you do is hurt your empire when you give grief to your own players.
Old 2003-05-21, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
r3d
Banned

Originally posted by PR24
One a side note people also have to remember if a MAX is clearing the area be happy they are helping the light armor move in for the clean up and hack. All you do is hurt your empire when you give grief to your own players.
Well put
Old 2003-05-21, 11:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally posted by PR24
They run IN FRONT ON YOU WHILE YOU ARE FIRING. This is just dumb fucking people.

I said it was a good post, And was agreeing with the fact that MAX's do prevent people from advancing alot of the time. I never said "Go and run in front of MAX's". Read the PM reply i sent you....
Old 2003-05-22, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
PR24
Major

Originally posted by Squeeky
I said it was a good post, And was agreeing with the fact that MAX's do prevent people from advancing alot of the time. I never said "Go and run in front of MAX's". Read the PM reply i sent you....
Well people need to fight outside or wait till the area is clear. It's not rocket science, nor is it hard to wait a minute before you run by a max in full lock down fire mode.

Read the PM I sent you.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion