Hearing Silent feet? - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: LLU: ANT: AMS: Auuugh! Too Many Acronyms!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-21, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
TaintedPaladin
Private

Re: Hearing Silent feet?

Originally Posted by vVRedOctoberVv View Post
@DarkChiron

Unless you are running around in padded magical socks that somehow don't make noise, people NOT being able to hear you, regardless of your visibility, is ridiculous.
Gameplay > Logic
Old 2012-07-21, 07:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by GhettoPrince View Post
What about major base fights? Wouldn't you just go deaf from listening to 300 pairs of feet on top of 300 different guns/grenades/vehicles/aircraft/orbital strikes.

Even in planetside, a 1 on 1 or squad vs squad fight was pretty rare. Now you've got the same area to fight in but with 2000 people instead of 600.
Not true. To this day I am involved in pretty even fights a lot of the time.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-21, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
TaintedPaladin
Private

Agreed, the ones who don't see those types of fights are the zerglings for the most part.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DarkChiron View Post
By 'perfect cloak' I meant 'I have all the shit to be not detected'. With all the options available already to be able to find cloaked Infiltrators (motion sensors, thermal imaging), if any jackass, no matter his load out, can hear me walking around that's ridiculous.
Originally Posted by DarkChiron View Post
I don't want to be able to full out sprint silently. Or to be quiet without special implants/certs that sacrifice other things. I just want the option to not be plodding around like a HA when I'm supposed to be playing a sneaky class.
Ahh, so I think we're saying the same thing actually.

I'm fine with there being some loadout or customization available that'll give you effective sound suppression. I just don't think it should be available in the stock cloaker suit. If you want it to conceal yours sounds to the point that you can walk by your average solider and not be heard at all by them, you should have to pay for it, either through suit customization, an implant, etc. Something anyway.

That said, I do think that the stock infil suit should still have softer footfalls by default then say an HA wearing combat boots.
Old 2012-07-21, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Erendil View Post
Ahh, so I think we're saying the same thing actually.

I'm fine with there being some loadout or customization available that'll give you effective sound suppression. I just don't think it should be available in the stock cloaker suit. If you want it to conceal yours sounds to the point that you can walk by your average solider and not be heard at all by them, you should have to pay for it, either through suit customization, an implant, etc. Something anyway.

That said, I do think that the stock infil suit should still have softer footfalls by default then say an HA wearing combat boots.
That would be only fair, I think. Having every class sound differently through their footsteps would add alot to the tactics of the game, I think. We all know the MAXes sound different from the other classes, at least.

We all have to consider what the perfect cloak set up requires (according to Higby). If you want perfect stealth, you are basically running in with a pistol and a knife. If they can easily hear you approaching no matter what, it's going to kind of suck. Those TR bastards already spray and pray, I know they'll have no trouble unloading their weapons toward the sound of footsteps (and I agree if they score a hit they should be able to see the cloaker).
Old 2012-07-23, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Simokon
Corporal

I find with games I am playing with all the chatter on TS or whatever voice comms at the time I don't hear people running around anyways.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion