Fix Max Thread! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your favorite past time, your favorite now time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Which Way Should MAXes be fixed
Make Reinforced armor the prerequisite(SP) 29 44.62%
Other 10 15.38%
Leave as is! 26 40.00%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-04-24, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

Post Fix Max Thread!

I think that they are too powerful to be gotten at BR1 they should fix it by making the reinforeced armor the prerequisite(SP) of that freakn' armor! the 5min timer it takes should be kept it was pretty cool to know they are somewhat tried to be restricted. Thats all they need to do, have them get the reinforced armor before they can get MAXes! Thats all im asking yall herd!!

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-04-24, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cyanide
Major

Everything would be fine if they just made the NC max sheild usefull.
Old 2003-04-24, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
MilitantB0B
Colonel

That sounds like a good idea to me. Kinda funny, when I first spent the cert points you get when you enter the game I thought, hmmm, I can get medium assault, and have to wear agile for awhile, or I can get a max, have awsome armor and huge weaponry, and the ability to run 30mph. It is rediculuse, that with one 3 point cert you get armor, weapon, and transportation. I think making RF a prereq. would make a lot of sense.

Last edited by MilitantB0B; 2003-04-24 at 08:51 AM.
Old 2003-04-24, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Thom
Private

I think that the MAX should be as it is.
Old 2003-04-24, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

So....someone gets 4 certs at the beginning, they go to the VR training range and the vehicle area, get two more cert points for each, and then get their MAX armor.

I don't see why making the cert dependent on reinforced armor will make it that hard to obtain MAX armor.

Oh, sweeper shottie + AP rounds helps; so does decimator.
Old 2003-04-24, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sarah Jinstar
Staff Sergeant

Maxes aren't that hard to take down really. If you're NC just grab a phoenix, or get decimator. Hell even reavers have no problem taking max units down. I don't think they should change how it is now. Seems plenty fine to me.

Sig By Airlift
Old 2003-04-24, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
PR24
Major

Not all max are over powered. TR max is not, NC max is where the TR should be, and the Vanu max is overpowered ( thats why so many Vanu only use max)
Old 2003-04-24, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
AcidCat
Staff Sergeant

Nothing overpowered about MAX units. If you're working in a squad everyone should have AP rounds. Plus, remember you can be the anti-armor MAX just as easily and go hunting other MAX units.
Old 2003-04-24, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ghost018

Armor idea is good. I don't know if I would say all MAXs are overpowered, but the Vanu MAX pisses me off! I guess they deserve that though... If you're TR, Strikers + Chainguns with AP bullets is great to take the MAXs out though.

Old 2003-04-24, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
DarkDragon00
Sergeant Major

the patch fixes a few things that i was worried about which is cool. This is what i think about the reinforced thing.

it might make them have to use their certs for the armor which is 3, u begin with 4.

3-4= 1 cert left

then they go to the VR room and get one more level

1+1= 2 cert points.

they can either try to use the suppressor to kill things(fesible). or they can get buy the medium assualt cert instead of the reinforced in the beggining to be actualy be able to do damage in a squad.

BR2 ok - 2 cert points wether they choose med assualt or reinfored.

but if they choose med assualt they need to get reinforced still which will be at BR3 and then wait untill BR5 before they can buy the anti-air max or wait until BR6 to get the other MAXES. it makes sense.

if they coose reinforced first they will be at a disadvantage as they have no weapons to back themselves or their squads up. They will be useless in a sense untill they get Med. Assualt. U get it?

its all in the math

The only true thug left, i merc ni**as cuz they all seem like skirts, while i flirt, with danger ur at home, living comfortably, in the beggining couldnt afford a computer, but now im living like im a millionair, buyin' things, that u only have in ur dreams, maybe its cuz i made it out alive, im outy alright, and this is for u, the real PSU, i still love u, but what happened, u guys got a bunch of asses, in ur ranks, now ur forums are full of Sh*t

Old 2003-04-24, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

I think it should be a weapons cert to get each max. Heavy assualt before AI, AV before AV and Special assualt before AA. Makes sense as it keeps the person within the "class"
Old 2003-04-24, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vash
Staff Sergeant

It does seem like a bit much to have a MAX right form the get-go, but remember that you cant even open your own doors as a MAX, let alone capture a base.

You'll also have friendly MAXes to do battle with the oppoising MAXes too, and after you have a few more levels under your belt, you'll be able to take them on as infantry as well.

I say, leave em be

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but we are sometimes driven to become the devil himself.
Old 2003-04-24, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
�io
Lieutenant General

I'll make this short and sweet.

MAX(armor, weaponary, transportation) = 3pts

AV weapon(to defend against MAX) = 5pts

Fair?
Old 2003-04-24, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Originally posted by Cyanide
Everything would be fine if they just made the NC max sheild usefull.
Yai agree. The nC MAX's ability SUKS! I mean, c'mon, the stupid Vanu can FLY, the Terrans can frikn clamp down and double their ROF which means DOUBLE DAMAGE, but the NC get a sheild that DOESNT EVEN WORK WHEN YOU MOVE?!!?!!? plus, it runs out HELLA FAST! i mean, cmon, wahts up with this?

Old 2003-04-24, 11:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Here is the rundown in my mind:
Grunt:
AI Weapon:2
Armor:3
Transportation:2 (minimum)
Total:7

MAX:
AI weapon, Armor, and transportation:2 at least, 3 at most

It seems like the wisest move would be to get a MAX cert, rise in ranks alittle, then unlearn it and get your grunt gear. Hoofin it in agile armor and a cycler at BR1 sucks when your fellow BR1 comrade is sprinting by you in his heavily armored combat machine But, hey, I don't really care, I am an infiltrator.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion