Is it time for a price review? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: thats not a burning sensation
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-29, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rolfski
Major

Re: Is it time for a price review?

TBH, the speed in which the average player is progressing is ok now. Nowadays, there are way more ways to get XP compared to launch, making 1000 certs weapons less of an impossible grind, although still expensive.

I do however think that not all new weapons should automatically be 1000 certs / 700 SC.

As for the older weapons, a cert/SC drop where they have to refund players is likely not going to happen.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

The prices are fine since they SIGNIFICANTLY increased the rate of certs you get with ribbons and alerts.

If you feel the rate is still too slow for you you could always drop the money for a membership, they are a business after all and I am more than willing to support them and gain the conveniance of faster certs while doing so.

*EDIT* Something else to consider is PS2 is a game based around progression. What good would it do to have progressed enough to own everything you could ever want in half a year? While some of you may be laughing at that or thinking it's impossible there are plenty of players nearly at that point already on Connery.

Last edited by KesTro; 2013-04-29 at 10:14 AM.
Old 2013-04-29, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
MrMak
Sergeant Major

We might get a price review when people stop buying at full price. Looking at the fact some people bought "Golden Revolvers" im not seeing any sign of that hapening any time soon.

I mean if SOE lowered prices now it wouldnt be a very smart buisnes choice. Especialy looking at the situation Sony as a whole is in now.
Old 2013-04-29, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Roderick
Corporal

Agreed with another poster on here. It is not in SOE's best interest to lower their cert prices. They are in the business to make money, not give it to you for free without putting in some work. Those out there that really want an item being sold are going to buy the item no matter what.

Those wanting a break on purchasing an item with SC can wait for the item to be put up for sale sometime down the road.

As for the shotguns, instead of reducing their cost, I would favor SOE removing redundant shotguns from the game and crediting the player to buy the remaining shotgun. One auto, one semi-auto, and one pump action.

Those that have the TR Uppercut for example should see no real upgrade from buying a TR Blackjack unless that 1 extra pellet and reload behavior means that much to the player. Otherwise, the stats are identical. Too much redundancy in certain weapons.
Old 2013-04-29, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Falcon_br
Captain

I don´t think some guys understand my point.
Refunding Certs for weapons I am ok with that, because people played a lot to earn it, it is about game time.
Refunding SC is never going to happen, it is like buying a car today, if tomorrow it gets a price reduction, you won´t receive anything back. It is on SOE TOS.
Of course that on my case it won´t make a difference, I never get anything with certs that I can get with SC. But like I said in the TR under population topic, just because it doesn´t affect me, doesn´t means I don´t care about it.
And my point is still the same, when we got 3 shotguns, one o them really don´t need to cost 1.000 certs, now that we got 5, not all of them must cost 1.000 certs!
It is like progression, everyone that got the M77-B started enjoying much more the game, it only costed 100 certs and now he is sniping all day long. Soon he will get SC so he can change it to the .50, when he get auraxis medal with it, he will change to the SR-7, who knows!
So all weapon category should have a 100 cert weapon, another 250 certs weapon, the 500 certs weapon, and for the last two 1.000 certs weapons.
In this way there is a progression in the game, if I am a free user and I play with light assault, I could be a Brink player that loves to jump and shotgun fire, when I get in the game, play a bit, get the first shotgun for 100 certs, soon I will put SC on the game to get the other ones! More people may continue to play the game.
And it is no longer 70 hours to gain 1,000 certs, free players on my outfit are doing it every week and asking what weapon he should get, now the rate with daily bonus, alerts and everything are about 80 certs / hours what means 12 hours of play to get 1,000 of it.
And lets be real, people complaining they already reach the end of the game, and the progression should be slow, really don´t have much to do besides playing this game, decreasing progression because of them, while it got increase a lot in the past months and everyone is happy if that, it is pointless to don´t say bad words about it.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-29, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Tom Peters
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
who the hell will get the small clip fast reload semi auto shotgun today!?!?!
I would, because with an extended clip, it has 10 shots.
Old 2013-04-29, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Tom Peters View Post
I would, because with an extended clip, it has 10 shots.
So, you point it is, because some people would buy it, even all the other shotgun having better score/minutes, they should keep the price up?
So, let´s do a price review based on that, time to increase the TMG-50 price to 700 SC / 1000 certs, because it is the most used TR weapon!
Or let´s keep on the original price from the launch, where there are weapons in the same category with 100/250/500/1000/1000 so people can scale up, and buy more weapons from the same category, instead of going straight to the 1000 cert weapon.

Old 2013-04-29, 06:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
BIGGByran
Staff Sergeant

I buy my weapons at 75% off! Atleast.

How?

1) Buy SC when it is Double Station cash

2) Buy weapons when it is 50% off

So a $7 weapon now only cost $1.75.

I wish they would "normalize" the prices. Meaning like:
1000 Certs/700 SC
500 Certs/700 SC

Why is an item that cost 500 certs the same SC cost as a 1000 cert item. That doesn't make sense.

"Normalize" the prices to where it is 1 SC = 2 Certs so:
100 SC item cost 200 certs to get
500 SC item cost 1000 certs to get

This will encourage people to use SC over certs and help the company make money.

Last edited by BIGGByran; 2013-04-29 at 06:50 PM.
Old 2013-04-30, 07:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by BIGGByran View Post
I wish they would "normalize" the prices. Meaning like:
1000 Certs/700 SC
500 Certs/700 SC

Why is an item that cost 500 certs the same SC cost as a 1000 cert item. That doesn't make sense.

"Normalize" the prices to where it is 1 SC = 2 Certs so:
100 SC item cost 200 certs to get
500 SC item cost 1000 certs to get

This will encourage people to use SC over certs and help the company make money.
Agree; just doesn't make sense that there isn't a universal conversion rate.
Old 2013-04-30, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Agree; just doesn't make sense that there isn't a universal conversion rate.
I also agree, because there are weapons for most of the vehicles that costs 100 certs / 250 SC.
Because I only get weapons with SC, that means I will wait forever for those weapons to get on sale to get them!
If I could play 50 SC for them, I would have already unlocked them all!

But we discussed this on beta, it was to avoid p2w and give options to free players, so you can everything with SC, but there are some weapons that it is better to buy with certs.
Now, after 6 months of the release, we realize that it is stupid and it is time to change it.

Old 2013-05-01, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Rasui
Sergeant

How about some love for MAX users. 1000 certs plus another 500 for extended mag PER ARM!
Old 2013-05-01, 12:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Falcon_br
Captain

My first double post ever! Give me a first double post prize!

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-05-01 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Double post for the win!
Old 2013-05-01, 12:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Rasui View Post
How about some love for MAX users. 1000 certs plus another 500 for extended mag PER ARM!
It is also another point to be discussed!
Everyone asks for night vision or even a flashlight to the max suits.
But that's not the point here.
Now that we are getting new max weapons, they should also scale up so free players can unlock some of them!
Maybe the default weapon, the other arm can cost 250 certs, so people can make anti personal maxes from the beginning, I recall that until the release of the max bundle, I combined the anti inf + anti air to go fight infantry, with a price reduction, new players should not have to live with it for a long time like I did.
So, the default costing 250, the next one nobody uses, like the mutilator, can be 500 certs, the mercy and the new one they are going to release someday 1000 certs.
Also, the first generation of anti tanks have a price reduction to 500 certs, the second one still costing 1000. But maybe it is better to wait for the third generation so we can have a better scale up.
I also think that a reduction of extended mags to 200 certs would be nice, because 500 for each weapon is too much! Maybe if they create new attachments, like auto loader (faster reload), laser sights, and gyroscopes (so you can fire on the move with less penalties) would be awesome.
I think I will send my résumé to SOE, maybe they will hire me to the creative department, or maybe my high degree on telecommunications can solve the adadad macro on the game, who knows!

Old 2013-05-01, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I dont think its 70 hours per 1000 certs anymore. Thats a bit of an Angry Joe throwback. Certainly for older players who have invested time 10,000 xp an hour isnt outside of possibility (or 15k with alpha, 20k with alpha+ tier6 membership)

1000 certs x 250xp = 250000xp needed

/10000 = 25 hours
/15000 = 16.66 hours
/20000 = 12.5 hours

New guys may struggle to get these numbers, unless I suck and I'm way off - you decide - but with ribbons and alerts now they've got it better than we had it when we started out. Thats a fact.

Some stuff does need the odd tweak but not a blanket change. Not with the way you can accumuate xp now

Old 2013-05-01, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

It does seem strange that some categories of basic weapons (MAX weapons and HA AV) don't have the 100, 250, 500, 1000 cert-cost progression that all the others do.

Since the unlockable AV weapons are significantly stronger than the basic ones and dual-wielding MAXs are far more effective than those with a mix of AI and either AA or AV, this ends up feeling very pay-to-win.

Definitely agree with the suggestion of at least making a second basic AI MAX weapon available for a fairly low cert cost.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion