Genudine - The Battle of The Bastion - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma Tested Jennyboo Approved
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-26, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Riekopo
Sergeant

Genudine - The Battle of The Bastion

This was probably the most epic and fun battle I have ever been in. The NC held most of the map including The Bastion when the 2nd challenge started. Our Commanding Officer ordered us to The Bastion as soon as the challenge was announced which was a fair bit of trouble as we were holding an important choke point at Kwahtee Amp Station on the northwest corner of the map directly south of the Vanu Warpgate. Despite this, we got there quick and may I say, just in time. A large mixed Vanu force approached from the south and west and met a large mixed NC approaching from the north. The TR were disconnected by a few territories to the southeast. A brutal close quarters battle ensued in which the Vanu were winning, but eventually were repelled and the NC gained a strong foothold. The fighting around the capture points and barricades was especially brutal. Vanu armor pushed from the south and west constantly.

The NC then proceeded to take the south and west bridges from the Vanu. The western tower was fortified. The TR now controlled the adjacent hexes to the south and east and began shelling the base from the eastern cliffs. All was quiet for a few minutes as the Vanu regrouped and the main TR forces caught up. A massive Vanu air fleet, the likes of which I have never seen before, then appeared in the west. It descended upon The Bastion like vengeful valkyries. The western tower spewed AA into the sky furiously. Many NC equipped Max's and G2A rockets. The sky was completely filled with exploding ordnance. I have never seen such a furious air battle. Many Vanu Galaxy's perished in their attempt to get close enough to drop their troops. Vanu and NC fighter jocks engaged each other in a desperate battle. Both trying to avoid the ocean of flak. Eventually there were no Vanu aircraft left. It was almost sad to see such a grand fleet utterly destroyed.

Just as the NC defenders were recovering from this massive assault, the main TR attack began from the south. TR armor swarmed the south and west bridge. Many players in chat began calling it the Battle of the Alamo though we all hoped it didn't end that way for the brave defenders. As the battle raged on the narrow confines of the bridges TR armor began swarming into area around the bridges. Eventually the TR were forced off the bridges and their remaining troops on the ground around the bridges were picked off. So ended the bloody Battle of The Bastion...

Thank you to my battle brothers in The Bastards, ADK, and VX9. If you like my story, please join our Outfit here:

http://tinyurl.com/b4stards

Last edited by Riekopo; 2013-01-26 at 01:17 AM.
Old 2013-01-26, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
KILLFACE
Sergeant

Re: Genudine - The Battle of The Bastion

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion