Why I quit PS1 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do the Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-28, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
igster
Sergeant

Re: Why I quit PS1

This thread deserves to be closed. Just look how long it has been bubbling along for 'why i quit ps1'

Endless QQ diatribe by a player who literally has hardly played the game (from my estimation probably not more than br14 and nowhere near cr5) about why the game he has no idea how to play sucks.

I don't discount less experienced players opinions generally, however, when someone tries to imply that he has an authoritative opinion on something - then you better have sufficient experience to back up that authoritative opinion.

Here is a quote from the OP from a darkfall forum which exhibits the sum of his knowledge about PS1 and is the reason why, imho, he really isn't sufficiently experienced and qualified to judge the CE/OS/EMP gameplay mechanics.

Planetside has the harshest death penalty. You die, you lose everything. But it is not considered griefing or ganking because it doesn't take you a month to grind for your gear.

I played planetside for about 4 months, but I quit because of orbital strikes. The EMP kind which destroys all CE cause someone grinded for their CR rank. CR rank is Command Rating rank, not death ray from the sky rank.

(Last edited by buggsy; 02-12-2009 at 03:40 PM..)
source

4 months in a game compared to more experienced players like effective (9 years i suspect) gives you some idea of the relative weight I give to the opinions expressed

Quite simply - you have to play the game to know about the gameplay mechanics and balance. You might like to talk on forums a lot - however - play the game more than typing on forums - you've been whining about this on a number of forums for what 3 years when you played the game for only 4 months...

Misquoting Winston Churchil directly
To war-war is always better than to jaw-jaw
Pointless negative discussion being kept alive by the OP always wanting to have the last word.

Last edited by igster; 2012-07-28 at 02:48 AM.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by igster View Post
This thread deserves to be closed. Just look how long it has been bubbling along for 'why i quit ps1'

Endless QQ diatribe by a player who literally has hardly played the game (from my estimation probably not more than br14 and nowhere near cr5) about why the game he has no idea how to play sucks.

I don't discount less experienced players opinions generally, however, when someone tries to imply that he has an authoritative opinion on something - then you better have sufficient experience to back up that authoritative opinion.

Here is a quote from the OP from a darkfall forum which exhibits the sum of his knowledge about PS1 and is the reason why, imho, he really isn't sufficiently experienced and qualified to judge the CE/OS/EMP gameplay mechanics.

4 months in a game compared to more experienced players like effective (9 years i suspect) gives you some idea of the relative weight I give to the opinions expressed

No actually people who have stuck around for 9 years have no idea what is fun. They're the types that grind CR for their I-win buttons and drive the other 90% customers away.

If SONY wants to pander to the 10%, while driving away the other 90%, then by all means enjoy your ghost town of a MMOFPS just like in PS1.

And I think I played for like 6 months, not 4 months.

Darkfall = failboat MMORPG, a greifer's paradise. I told you so, I told you so, ah ah I told you so.

Originally Posted by Effective View Post
Also nerf CE and let EMP's be used in the caves from cud's.
Buff CE, remove CUD abilities completely.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-28 at 10:15 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
No actually people who have stuck around for 9 years have no idea what is fun. They're the types that grind CR for their I-win buttons and drive the other 90% customers away.

If SONY wants to pander to the 10%, while driving away the other 90%, then by all means enjoy your ghost town of a MMOFPS just like in PS1.

And I think I played for like 6 months, not 4 months.

Darkfall = failboat MMORPG, a greifer's paradise. I told you so, I told you so, ah ah I told you so.

Buff CE, remove CUD abilities completely.
You've played for 6 months, and that gives you the knowledge on how to play a layered game like planetside? l o l.

I'll tell you what, I'll ce a base of my choice, and you have to try and get inside with me defending. I'll go ahead and let you know ahead of time, that it won't happen without an EMP.

My Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/effectivex
Old 2012-07-28, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

You've played for 6 months, and that gives you the knowledge on how to play a layered game like planetside? l o l.

I'll tell you what, I'll ce a base of my choice, and you have to try and get inside with me defending. I'll go ahead and let you know ahead of time, that it won't happen without an EMP.
The defender is suppose to have an advantage. That's the way war has been working for thousands of years. And that's why indirect artillery was invented. You take away all of this and all you've got left is a random brawl.

Last edited by Buggsy; 2012-07-28 at 10:35 PM.
Old 2012-07-28, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

The defender is suppose to have an advantage. That's the way war has been working for thousands of years. And that's why indirect artillery was invented. You take away all of this and all you've got left is a random brawl.
Except this a game, defense is supposed to be strong yes, but properly layed CE is impossible to get through with even population. Also, OS = indirect artillery, that can only be used once every 6 hours.

Old 2012-07-29, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Except this a game, defense is supposed to be strong yes, but properly layed CE is impossible to get through with even population. Also, OS = indirect artillery, that can only be used once every 6 hours.
OS is an I-win button, not artillery. It's invalid. And it doesn't matter if it's on a 6 hour timer.

A proper defense is easy to get through with massed flails, and a properly timed follow up offense.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Effective
First Lieutenant

Misc Info

OS is an I-win button, not artillery. It's invalid. And it doesn't matter if it's on a 6 hour timer.

A proper defense is easy to get through with massed flails, and a properly timed follow up offense.

The OS is a 6 hour timer, it takes 1 minute to replace anything it killed.

It takes time to get massed flails setup, on top of also requiring a cavelock/mod to even pull them. Then of course you actually have to have enemies already pushed into the CY for them to be any real use. If the base your pushing already has vehicles out, even if you flail the courtyard out, you still won't push in easily, on top of the fact you're missing however many people you have manning the flails.

Btw, flails are more of an i win button then an OS.

Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion