Worst server ever Ceres (after 8 months of experience) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There are three empires now? Since when?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-18, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lucecarentes
Private

Worst server ever Ceres (after 8 months of experience)

After 8 moths of playing in Ceres, it's safe to say than it is the worst server in the game total. It has the worst players and worst outfits in Planetside 2.

Here is a lovevly thing i just experienced a few minutes ago, i was fighting the usual NC spam of Reavers and Libs (The common tactic the NC outfits use here, they never bother with infantry or vehicles to attack ,only air spam non stop) and i was the only AA, i played 1 hour and 30 minutes as a damn AA MAX and somehow managed to scare off most of the NC pilots, no other VS around me( multiple platoons) had any AA at all, i was the ONLY player fighting the Reaver and Lib spam and at the end my reward was a magrider to the face.

This was just something i experienced today, similar even more stupid things have been hapening to me in this server ever since of December 2012. The playerbase in this server is garbage, none of the sides have any outfits that use any intreasting tactics, it's alwayst the same from VS,TR and NC "Let's all go ESF/MBT and just swarm the enemy), nothing ever else happens. It has the worst outfits,worst players and it used to have the worst pop balance in Europe which finally got fixed with the new recommendation system in the latest GU.

My experience in other servers such as Mattherson,Miller and Woodman have been amazing in these past few months, so many good outfits that use intreasting and fun tactics and iv'e experienced so many amazing and fun fights where every side actully worked as a team. Ceres is a dump , if you're planing to create a new character don't even think about picking Ceres.
I've been waiting for the damn servers transfers ever since of late January and still nothing, the devs need to hurry up since alot of people wanna leave behinde bad servers such as Ceres.
Old 2013-07-18, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Worst server ever Ceres (after 8 months of experience)

Aren't pops on Ceres steadily going down anyways ?
Old 2013-07-18, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
camycamera
Major

yesterday on Briggs while i had my game minimised to configure teamspeak and i was at the warpgate, along with all of these other guys who were standing there (like there always is lol) , and while i am minimised, i hear a guy in proxy chat yell "all you guys AFK are all useless, we have Tarwich being attacked by the VS and NC (it was an indar tech plant alert; it ended in a draw, btw) and all of you guys are standing around hoplessly while we loose. useless."

i lol'd.

just thought i'd share XD
Old 2013-07-19, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kiten
Private

Especially as a Vanu player, Ceres is a really bad place to be. It is nowhere nearly as lived an experience as other servers; and there are about zero competitive (or -ish) outfits to spice up things. That I know of at least- and most definitely not on the Vanu side of things.

I've been planning exodus on Miller once I get back to Europe from ages now- but with no transfer tokens in sight, I might have to just roll with a new character. A pity since I almost hit BR 50, even if I'm playing maybe once a week for a couple hours at most due to time constraints and time differences from where I am in the world right now that is a lot of certs I would to grind up from zero again.
Old 2013-07-19, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

OP you have my sympathy, makes me wonder where the implementation of transfer tokens is on the to do list of the devs.

Old 2013-07-23, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by camycamera View Post
yesterday on Briggs while i had my game minimised to configure teamspeak and i was at the warpgate, along with all of these other guys who were standing there (like there always is lol) , and while i am minimised, i hear a guy in proxy chat yell "all you guys AFK are all useless, we have Tarwich being attacked by the VS and NC (it was an indar tech plant alert; it ended in a draw, btw) and all of you guys are standing around hoplessly while we loose. useless."

i lol'd.

just thought i'd share XD
I think the same guy has an NC alt and swaps between factions to say the same thing.

Server transfers should be ingame this week.
Nothing has been said about pushing them back yet again so unless they change that in the next 48hrs (would not surprise me), let the mass migration begin!
Old 2013-07-23, 11:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
GavinTheGreat
Private

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
Aren't pops on Ceres steadily going down anyways ?
Indeed, I'd heard that Ceres is a dying server. It'll be interesting to see if SOE does anything to fix that.
Old 2013-07-26, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Backfire
Private

OP you hit the nail on the head, Ceres is the bottom of the barrel. No outfits I've come across meet my expectations of tactical and strategic skill, nor the playerbase for that matter. Sure you get the odd player here and there across all factions who is really good, but this is a very small minority. In terms of outfits, they all just zerg everywhere with either vehicles or infantry, never a combined effort with thought or adaptability. NC who are by far the worst out of all the factions, have zero coherence, MAX units left to solo, medics not reviving, tank columns zerging a base and all die within 5 minutes because of no AA etc. It's the same old rubbish day after day.

Mallory prior to the merge was just as much fail as Ceres is now, it was a total zerg fest with backcapping left right and centre. And typically Indar was the only continent with all the pop, so that did not make things any better. If a continent was to be taken, it would be a steamroll for the TR who would outpop VS and NC 3:1. So the fight was over before it begun, you just fought to withhold the inevitable zerg rush which was always a losing battle.

These server transfers can not come any faster. I've also been waiting since they where announced, I'm dying for the jump to Miller. The day off Ceres will be a massive relief for me.

Last edited by Backfire; 2013-07-26 at 06:42 AM.
Old 2013-07-26, 06:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Vashyo
First Sergeant

lol Woodman, NC numbers keep on twindling and we rarely win alerts. I actually can't even remember when that happened last time, maybe some 3-4 weeks ago.

We're constantly playing against highly skilled VS and TR players while we just get the newbs that join the game and quit out of frustration cause they have to fight the aforementioned players.

I actually played an esamir alert just now, ragequit after some 50 minutes of playing cause we only have 15% pop, VS just spam tank columns and planes while we cant afford anything cause we're broke and dont have numbers to match up...If you even dare to buy a tank ur gonna be fighting multiple scythes and magriders alone.

Last edited by Vashyo; 2013-07-26 at 07:04 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion