Still on the fence... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ribbed for her pleasure
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-07-26, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gugabalog
Major

Question Still on the fence...

I am adamantly opposed to those fascist TR, but I honestly can't decide between the NC and VS.

The NC have robust military gear, very appropriate for territorial conflict. But I'm not sure I can support a cause without a goal. Especially one that refuses to coexist with those that would rather be let be. Even by the TR's arguement oligarchy is still a cultural step up from totalitarianism. I.E. Look at Rome's history; From King's to a Republic, which is still an oligarchy of sorts.

Then I look at the VS and see a very tactically versatile group. Especially with that unfortunately soon to be nerfed Scythe. The Scythe and the Magrider are both very intriguing pieces. I'm familiar with the magrider's style due to 2142's Nekomato hover tank. I liked it and hated it. But then lore wise they remind me way too much of the Byzantines. I mean they even freaking wear PURPLE! Purple-philia, combined with an obsession with the past to predict the future both point to eventual stagnation and collapse. That combined with the Scientologyesque vibes I get from their naysaysers They still feel off.

So then I am left to decide which do I value more, Freedom or Progress?

I'm not sure I truly care for progress without freedom, too Naziesque. (They made considerable technological advancements despite the hellishness of some of their actions) But then freedom without aim leads to anarchy which is the antithesis and not a true resolution to the conflict.

I'm leaning VS but cant's say I don't want to go NC either.

(I'm going with pick a faction for it's lore and stick with it, to add a bit of RP immersion to my gameplay and start off with a little of that PS-style Pride )
Old 2012-07-26, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Re: Still on the fence...

NC.

Old 2012-07-26, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gugabalog
Major

But Wub Wub guns! *grah*

Convince me to appreaciate freedom more than progress then I will.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Accuser
Sergeant Major

Try them all and judge by playstyle... Try each aircraft, tank and HA weapon in particular. I don't want to sign on with the TR Nazis either, and though freedom is important, so is the freedom to advance beyond our human limitations. And no, the NC don't want to allow that freedom.

Still, though the Vanu top my list so far, I'll be playing whatever fits my playstyle the best.
Old 2012-07-26, 10:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Gugabalog
Major

I know, but I'm looking for that little dash of rp patriotism, much as I dislike patriotism irl. I want to choose a side because I believe in it.
Old 2012-07-26, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
I know, but I'm looking for that little dash of rp patriotism, much as I dislike patriotism irl. I want to choose a side because I believe in it.
How can you dislike Patriotism in real life?

pa·tri·ot·ism

NOUN:

Love of and devotion to one's country.

That settles it. NC doesn't want you,go VS.
Old 2012-07-26, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Gugabalog
Major

"Nationalism is the measles of mankind" - Einstein
Old 2012-07-26, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
FriarFin
Private

The Vanu believe intently in human progress.
The NC want progress but they are too cowardly to go as far as us when it comes to progress.
Both the Vanu and NC want freedom. Difference is, NC want freedom from the TR dictatorship and vanu harassment. The Vanu want freedom from the definition of human. We wish to become more than our species can be. To evolve beyond what we think we can do as a species.
Just me throwing in a random reason why you should chose VS. On another note...
SUBMIT TO OUR WUB-WUB GUNS.
Old 2012-07-26, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gugabalog
Major

WUB WUB WUB WUB

Jeez now I see vanu dubstep-firearm bands starting where they double as a musical and light show during the night XD

I like the idea of freedom from the human condition. I don't view humanity as anything special, but the scientology-likeness of it still gets me.

Ofc the playes don't play those vibes up right?
Old 2012-07-26, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
FriarFin
Private

Nah. I'm not sure that any VS are Scientology personnel.
If they are, I apologize for drawing attention to you and offending you.
And we're not really trying to become weird things with tentacles for legs.
However, If that is the path to true enlightenment, progress and the breaking of the mold, we shall all do it!
Half us us shall do it!
A small number of us may do it! For SCIENCE!
Old 2012-07-26, 11:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
How can you dislike Patriotism in real life?

pa·tri·ot·ism

NOUN:

Love of and devotion to one's country.

That settles it. NC doesn't want you,go VS.
Totally missed the point of NC. Might wanna figure it out before you tell others not to join....
Old 2012-07-26, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gugabalog
Major

Nah, I'm not pro-scientology. It's cult-like, and draws parallels similar to the vanu-byzantine parallel.
Old 2012-07-27, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
FriarFin
Private

Another VS perk is that we have harnessed pure science to use in our Magriders and scythes. We won't suffer from bullet drop like the NC and TR, so snipers are given less of a challenge. However, the sad truth is that 49.9% of all new scythe pilots immediately crash into the nearest cactus.
Old 2012-07-27, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by FriarFin View Post
Another VS perk is that we have harnessed pure science to use in our Magriders and scythes. We won't suffer from bullet drop like the NC and TR, so snipers are given less of a challenge. However, the sad truth is that 49.9% of all new scythe pilots immediately crash into the nearest cactus.
Unfortunately, that same technology is largely impotent beyond a few feet, effectively turning 90% of Vanu weapons into flashlights at any real distance. Besides, the NC don't need a handicap when it comes to sniping like the VS and TR do...
Old 2012-07-27, 12:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
FriarFin
Private

I'm trying to convince this charming man to join simply because we have a floating tank, Ratstomper. Please don't ruin the moment. >:d

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions