Empire Loyalties - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nice girls stay away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-07, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Kam
Major

Originally Posted by Black
When i was NC on Konried server i called TR Nazis then i called the Vanu terrorists and NC was America
Well the TR are the oppresive dictatorship.
The VS are the crazy anti human people that want to merge with ancient tech.
The NC are the crazy tree huggers with only positive intensions.
Old 2004-11-07, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
AbramsVS
Corporal

yea, like some guy said here.....
Today i played my NC character on Emerald(not same server as my main character), so i was kinda sad that NC tkin over Amerish, but after dying couple of times from "old good lasher" i got sooo mad, i thought that VS weapons are crap, but when that "crap" shooting at you from like 100m and you can do nothing about it with jackhammer that even will not hit the guy.....
Old 2004-11-07, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Kam
Major

Ya you know I felt bad using a lasher, it's such a insta kill weapon. Three hits for rienforced, six for max.
Old 2004-11-07, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Kam
Ya you know I felt bad using a lasher, it's such a insta kill weapon. Three hits for rienforced, six for max.
I love that gun. When I use HA, I always try to fight Vanu. Its ability to kill not withstanding, it's just such a break being able to fire without really needing to aim, having the shots go in the general vicinity of the enemy being sufficient. Once you get a feel for the speed of the projectiles it's really quite the groovy piece of hardware. Sure it's not as good at medium ranges as the MCG, but it's really fun and effective to use where it counts.

Last edited by Warborn; 2004-11-07 at 07:39 PM.
Old 2004-11-07, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I'm guessing you're joking. I think you meant 5 shots for rexo and 30 for a max?
Old 2004-11-07, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by SamHayne
The NC are a bunch of Warmongering hippies
that settles the NC realther nicely, TR are the epitomy of a regime that once was good but became overbearing and currupt out of good intnetions

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-11-07, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Kam
Major

Originally Posted by WritheNC
I'm guessing you're joking. I think you meant 5 shots for rexo and 30 for a max?
No actually I wasnt. I really did kill atleast a dozen maxes with 6 shots and about 30 rienforced with three.
Old 2004-11-07, 11:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Kam
No actually I wasnt. I really did kill atleast a dozen maxes with 6 shots and about 30 rienforced with three.
The lasher used to do that, but it doesn't anymore. Either the targets were really damaged or you're thinking of the overpowered lasher from before.

But the lasher still is really good for killing MAXs. Even VS MAXs.
Old 2004-11-08, 07:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Kam
Major

I think something was wrong with my PS. I was getting insane kills, like I killed a BFR with a lightning and it had full shields. My computer crashed though, and then it was back to normal.
Old 2004-11-08, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

i think empire loyalty is as important an aspect as variety for the game.

that sounds contradictory at first, but i can say with complete confidence that the two reasons i'm still playing planetside are psu and my outfit.

to be fair, mostly my outfit.

i'm proud to be an "old" vanu with the rest of our officers, and the working relationships we've built are a lot of fun. heck, i've even met some of them in person, which was a lot of fun.

as for disloyalty - i do, on rare occasion, try out enemy empires - but only on other servers. even then i have trouble shooting at the vanu, but at least i know that it's not my own outfit.

i can't avoid fighting friends, since i have made many on every empire of every server

kam: were you using the 12mm cannon? that thing goes right through the shields without any trouble
Old 2004-11-08, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
internetn
Sergeant Major

Personally I have no problem shooting the NC, ok I lied as I play the NC.

Martyr is very true, if not for my outfit, I would of quit PlanetSide right before the bending, it seemed like a stupid idea to me

But the Terran's are Cynical Neo Communists (SP?)

The Vanu are just plain wierd, so I try to stay away from them...

And the New Conglomerate are the Freedom Fighter, simply put.

The conflict between the TR and the NC seems to be able to become a game itself as thier relationship is like a son(NC) getting just as good as his father(TR) in basketball(War)

I kinda stole that...

http://www.lastknights.com/index.php?action=register&ref_id=5639

Old 2004-11-08, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by internetn
But the Terran's are Cynical Neo Communists (SP?)
It's not the spelling that's wrong with this sentence.

And the NC aren't freedom fighters, they're rebels and traitors who have a ridiculously unrealistic vision of how the human race should be. As Sporkfire said, they're dirty warmongering hippies, and the other empires consider think naive and idealistic.
Old 2004-11-08, 05:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Kam
Major

Yes, and the Vanu are freakin murders. They want to merge with ancient tech and kill all regular humans. The way I see it the TR are the only reasonable people left, and I'm NC. Atleast with communism all the TR would have jobs, the NC would all be poor and lazy and the vanu would be machines/cyborgs/whatever.
Old 2004-11-08, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Kam
Yes, and the Vanu are freakin murders. They want to merge with ancient tech and kill all regular humans. The way I see it the TR are the only reasonable people left, and I'm NC. Atleast with communism all the TR would have jobs, the NC would all be poor and lazy and the vanu would be machines/cyborgs/whatever.
I don't think we've ever been told what form of government the Terran Republic actually operates under.
Old 2004-11-09, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Warborn
I don't think we've ever been told what form of government the Terran Republic actually operates under.
It is described as an oppressive empire, which implies totalitarian.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion