News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: more grief points is good right? RIGHT???
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-21, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Xaine
Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

Also,

Can U.S. players log on to the European servers?

U.S.-based players will have access to the U.S. servers only.

?
Old 2012-02-21, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Fortress
Sergeant

Outfits were the only reason Planetside was fun. GG PS2.
Old 2012-02-21, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Shanesan
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
not sure about you, but i like to see whats shooting me before i die.
Most times, you didn't see what killed you in PS1.

People should have the option to play on whatever server they want. Sony should RUN THEIR OWN GAME and not hand them out to third parties.
Old 2012-02-21, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
Shanesan
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
Also,

?
That is pretty cut and dry to me. "United States players will have access to United States servers only".

Cut and dry.
Old 2012-02-21, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Insanekanifer View Post
Not to mention the language barrier issues. Nothing upsets me more in a game where communication is important then having multiple languages. I'm all for english based us servers.
You do realise all those foreigners in Europe speak better English than you do?

That's not a flame, it's true.
Old 2012-02-21, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
I think you underestimate the importance of PS1 being a subscription based game.

World of Tanks is free to play and the language barrier is a severe issue with all the Eastern Europeans coming on there (Polish, Czech, Hungarians, Serbians, etc). Those people couldn't afford to pay for PS1. If they even heard of it.

The problem with many of these Eastern Europeans (not all, luckily) is low education in terms of language (no secondary language), only recent connection to the internet and having NO internet etiquette whatsoever. Worse, there are many outright REFUSING to speak English in public chat ("No, you learn my language you colonist @$(@&$!", because they associate it with the way the Russians tried to force Russian language onto them. And some of them can get quite touchy about it, especially the Balkan populace who "don't want to potentially talk with their enemies".

As said though, those with a higher level of education often apologise for their countrymen. Can imagine they hate being stereotyped as anti-social xenophobes.

If PS2 is going to use a lot of in game local voice chatter systems... It's going to be very annoying with so many players. Any time you're in the vicinity of a foreign outfit, you're going to wish you hadn't come there. Similarly, any global channels may get filled with banter worse than what we saw from the CNs.
As a hungarian PS player I have to refuse your arguments! Language barrier really is an issue, but there is no refusal to use forign languages because of poor associacions of former russian rule... It is always lack of personal language skills no matter what they may try to reason with...

And about netiquette. It's not about "recent internet penetration" - as it has penetrated at the same time as in the rest of the world, or with a 1-2 years delay. It's about the fact, that there are a lots of inmatures gaming but way fewer matures. An average eastern-bloc gamer is way younger and we all know how a young gamer can behave (or rather: can't behave himself).

I don't apologise for them - actually I blame them for being a dick - but the world is not that black/white (or red/white) that you may presume anymore.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post

Goddamn England and their....English!
Old 2012-02-21, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

what did you guys think was gonna happen? they were gonna have 20 international servers at launch? was i the only one that knew this was comin?
Old 2012-02-21, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Shanesan View Post
That is pretty cut and dry to me. "United States players will have access to United States servers only".

Cut and dry.
Same here.

All these people are saying it won't be region locked. So, unless i'm misreading the extremely direct sentence where it says:

Then i'm fairly sure its region locked. No?
Old 2012-02-21, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
etheral
Corporal

Originally Posted by Redshift View Post

THIS

Seriously, we had several danes and germans in our outfit along with the usual US/UK players, and their english has always been excellent.

Its rather embarrasing actually
Old 2012-02-21, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
Vash02
Major

what did you guys think was gonna happen? they were gonna have 20 international servers at launch? was i the only one that knew this was comin?
SOE is still placing and managing the european servers though so yes they are having 20 international servers at launch. It's just that they are saying to players they can only play on certain servers.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by ShockNC View Post
Goddamn England and their....English!
No I do litterally mean foreigners, the German, Dutch, French; the majority speak fluent English, also because they learn the actual language, rather than slang which is localised, they often speak a more precise version of English than English people do.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
etheral
Corporal

Originally Posted by Vash02 View Post
SOE is still placing and managing the european servers though so yes they are having 20 international servers at launch. It's just that they are saying to players they can only play on certain servers.
No they arent. 90% of the controversy about this is that EU players have been sold off to pro7 COMPLETELY. Pro7 is handling everything for europe, including accounts.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
ThGlump
Captain

They could have pro7 hadle over server, not giving them fucking account control. Separate account is what make this region locked, not some ping or language. If Soe would keep account for all servers, there wouldnt be any problem.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by etheral View Post
No they arent. 90% of the controversy about this is that EU players have been sold off to pro7 COMPLETELY. Pro7 is handling everything for europe, including accounts.
Did you read the FAQ? No you didnt.

Who will host and manage the servers, ProSiebenSat.1 Games or SOE?

SOE will continue to host and manage the European servers for all games under this agreement.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion