Is there real difference between the empires? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Using 'Nazi' as a verb since 2002.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-09-19, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
roumor
Private

Is there real difference between the empires?

is there real difference except that NC snipers can one shot you? Everything else seems so leveled and similar. Not like it was in ps1
Old 2012-09-19, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ricoxg
Private

Re: Is there real difference between the empires?

No, I don't think that would be a true statement at all. I've spent a little time playing around with all three and there are definitely some differences. I think I've noticed them most with tanks and aircraft, but I've noticed it to some degree with infantry as well.

I'll grant you that when it comes to infantry the difference doesn't seem to be quite as pronounced as it was in PS1. I think that may be due to the way they have classes now, though. Most classes use that light assault rifle and it seems like with that weapon the differences are minimized a little. I haven't noticed a lot of unlocked weapons yet, so that might make some difference as well.
Old 2012-09-20, 11:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by ricoxg View Post
Most classes use that light assault rifle and it seems like with that weapon the differences are minimized a little. I haven't noticed a lot of unlocked weapons yet, so that might make some difference as well.
Well so far we have not been allowed to unlock any other rifles then the one we got by default so... Only MAX unit weapons and RPGs for the HA have been available for us to unlock.

But I would hate if this game had more differences because it would be too hard to balance.
Old 2012-09-21, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ricoxg
Private

Originally Posted by Sunrock View Post
Well so far we have not been allowed to unlock any other rifles then the one we got by default so... Only MAX unit weapons and RPGs for the HA have been available for us to unlock.

But I would hate if this game had more differences because it would be too hard to balance.
Ah. I've been saving up to unlock missiles or rockets for my Reaver and haven't even looked at weapon unlocks.

w/r to balance, I disagree. The first game has some pretty significant differences between the factions, and it really shows in play style, or did back when I played it more anyway.

People will always cry for balance, but the way SOE is setting up PS2, I'm not sure there's ever going to be a legitimate case for it. Everything is just so modular and variable that I'm thinking it's going to be insanely difficult to measure accurately.
Old 2012-09-29, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
TeaLeaf
Corporal

I'll admit I'm a little disapointed by how similar the infantry classes are.

The vehicles are nice and varied but all the ARs handle very alike.
Old 2012-09-30, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Did a quick comparisom of the 3 Light Assault carbinesyesterday (without any attachments).

The VS and NC carbines pulled steadily upwards on full auto, but the TR carbine pulled up and slightly to the right.

Is this a feature of all TR guns?

(I'm going to be doing some more comparisons in due course)

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions