Leaderboards - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 17% Nanite by Volume.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-06-07, 03:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Spoof
Corporal
 
Leaderboards


Kills and KvD are fine and dandy. However, I'd like to see a greater emphasis on an MVP style scoring system that weights a player's overall contribution to the game.

Quite how that would be calculated is up for debate, but it'd be a welcome change for the leaderboard homepage to focus on something other than pure kill stats.
Spoof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 04:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SKYeXile
Major General
 
SKYeXile's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


In world of tanks, we call this rating, its a compilation of average damge, kills hacks, defence and spots per game, its a little flawed sometimes...but here it is in action.



Honestly while K/D should be a stat, there shouldn't be a leader board for it. Score per minute is a far better stat to have on the leaderboard.
__________________

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
SKYeXile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 05:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
dachlatte
Master Sergeant
 
dachlatte's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
woah....where did you get that mod?! looks very useful
__________________

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Last edited by dachlatte; 2012-06-07 at 05:32 AM.
dachlatte is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SKYeXile
Major General
 
SKYeXile's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


Originally Posted by dachlatte View Post
woah....where did you get that mod?! looks very useful
Its called XVM, cant remmber where exactly i got it from, but it can be a pain to install since you need to connect to a proxy server to get the stats ingame like that.
__________________

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
SKYeXile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 05:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Spoof
Corporal
 
Re: Leaderboards


One of the things I thought of was a diminishing returns element for each aspect of the game that contributes to your rating.

Essentially, as your kills-per-hour rises toward the cap, it contributes less and less toward your overall score. So, if all you ever do in the game is focus on farming and nothing else, then you'll be overtaken by those who kill less but are more productive in other fields (hack, repair, heal, pilot, anti-air support, transportation, leadership, etc etc).

Obviously this would work both ways. Medics may have to gun tanks, engineers may need to hack terminals, pilots would have to get their hands dirty with a sidearm, snipers have to come out of their nests, ... an MVP rating reflects someone with a wide range of skills and uses.
Spoof is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Dart
Second Lieutenant
 
Dart's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


Exile is right, k/d leaderboards promote camping; corrosive to an mmofps. Anyone can hide out and ensure they get a massive k/d ratio while making no impact on the fight. A far greater indicator was always k/time. Anyone who could consistently pull in 100 kills an hour in PS was not only playing well but also having a tangible effect on the battle field. That's the way a few of us were able to rack up 1000 kills in a day on psstats.net.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-06-07 at 06:14 AM.
Dart is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
dachlatte
Master Sergeant
 
dachlatte's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Its called XVM, cant remmber where exactly i got it from, but it can be a pain to install since you need to connect to a proxy server to get the stats ingame like that.
Got it working. Thanks alot!

On the topic.
An overall rating does not give an accurate representation. Many will specialize on a few classes or vehicles.
So if you want to put an arbitrary rating in, make one for each class and vehicle.
Personally I dont see the point though. Just look at the stats and put 1 and 1 together.

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Exile is right, k/d leaderboards promote camping; corrosive to an mmofps. Anyone can hide out and ensure they get a massive k/d ratio while making no impact on the fight. A far greater indicator was always k/time. Anyone who could consistently pull in 100 kills an hour in PS was not only playing well but also having a tangible effect on the battle field. That's the way a few of us were able to rack up 1000 kills in a day on psstats.net.
You are right. Kills/h says alot more then just K/D but anyone with a 100kills/h will inherently have a good K/D.
I dont feel that camping will be a big deal in PS2. The battles are too big for a couple of campers to have an impact and anyone with 2 working braincells can kill or go around them. If the entire empire camps they will lose and hopefully learn.
__________________

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Last edited by dachlatte; 2012-06-07 at 06:32 AM.
dachlatte is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SKYeXile
Major General
 
SKYeXile's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


Originally Posted by dachlatte View Post
Got it working. Thanks alot!

On the topic.
An overall rating does not give an accurate representation. Many will specialize on a few classes or vehicles.
So if you want to put an arbitrary rating in, make one for each class and vehicle.
Personally I dont see the point though. Just look at the stats and put 1 and 1 together.
thats honestly why i think score per minute is a better stat, provided XP is balanced OS each class can get the same, its a far better representation. and theres so many factors to K.D too. what class you play, how you play, how many people you play with...you should note that rolling with a very tight will mean you can really pumpup your K/D especially if its likely stacked with AOE heal medics, while you might not be killing as much you can cercle jerk heals and be hard to kill.

but yea score per minute shows whos out there doing shit, and as dart said, very few people could get 1000 kills per day in planetside, thats a minimum of 41 kills per hour, which is over double the avg players kills per hour.
__________________

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
SKYeXile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SKYeXile
Major General
 
SKYeXile's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


Originally Posted by dachlatte View Post

You are right. Kills/h says alot more then just K/D but anyone with a 100kills/h will inherently have a good K/D.
I dont feel that camping will be a big deal in PS2. The battles are too big for a couple of campers to have an impact and anyone with 2 working braincells can kill or go around them. If the entire empire camps they will lose and hopefully learn.
not really, for me to get 100 kills per hour as infantry my K/D would be only 4/1 in planetside while i know its quite possible for me to get much higher like when going for HA merit streaks where you play like a total bitch.
__________________

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
SKYeXile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
dachlatte
Master Sergeant
 
dachlatte's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
not really, for me to get 100 kills per hour as infantry my K/D would be only 4/1 in planetside while i know its quite possible for me to get much higher like when going for HA merit streaks where you play like a total bitch.
Yeah i almost forgot about the merits. When i was playing i didnt give a flying fart about the merits so i didnt even think about them. Well but its looks like the problem isnt tracking of the K/D then. The problem is all this achievements nonsense and killstreaks that makes players play like asshats
__________________

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
dachlatte is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
SKYeXile
Major General
 
SKYeXile's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


nah i think having an official leaderboard is still a problem

http://www.battlefieldheroes.com/en/...indefinite/0/1
like5000/1...yea right...smurfed stats. those 10/1 level 30s are legit. but so many of those are broken.
__________________

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL

Last edited by SKYeXile; 2012-06-07 at 06:57 AM.
SKYeXile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
kaffis
Contributor
Major
 
Re: Leaderboards


I'm hoping the xml APIs will be robust enough that somebody can code an app or website that can track your character's position whenever you're logged in, and keep stats on territory gained while present and territory lost while present.

Because when it comes down to it, that's about the most difficult to game, most relevant metric I can think of when it comes to the war effort.
kaffis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General
 
Warborn's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


59% for someone who platoons is actually fairly low. People who play in organized teams are usually somewhere in the 60s. This is why leaderboards are dumb. Too much pointless dick-waving. In WoT you hear people bitching about stats at the start of the round, too. There's even a mod which calculates the percent change your team has to win the match, isn't there? Yeah...
Warborn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SKYeXile
Major General
 
SKYeXile's Avatar
 
Re: Leaderboards


Originally Posted by Warborn View Post
59% for someone who platoons is actually fairly low. People who play in organized teams are usually somewhere in the 60s. This is why leaderboards are dumb. Too much pointless dick-waving. In WoT you hear people bitching about stats at the start of the round, too. There's even a mod which calculates the percent change your team has to win the match, isn't there? Yeah...
This is why i always liked the monthly planetside leaderboard...it paints a better picture of current form...wouldn't you agree?

__________________

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
SKYeXile is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: Leaderboards


I always liked the old style PS leader board and hope they can include details of each class/vehicle you have killed or track how many facilities you have hacked..

Leader boards like those in BF3 are often pointless to look at with a number of the top places being filled with unrealistic figures.
Its almost like a free advertisement for the best hax.

The leader board amongst your friends or outfit is cool tho.
__________________
DirtyBird is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.