What class should carry ammo packs? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I attended PSU for 3 1/2 years and I'm still as dumb as post!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: What class should carry ammo packs?
LA (as currently implemented) 60 21.90%
HA 69 25.18%
Engineer 115 41.97%
Medic 19 6.93%
Infiltrator 2 0.73%
MAX 9 3.28%
Voters: 274. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-09, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Re: What class should carry ammo packs?

I'd like to say that if you're out of ammo, you're out of ammo. Tough luck, find an equipment terminal / resupply point. It encourages ammo conservation.

But, that's not likely to happen. Since Heavy Assault should be focusing on... assaulting things, my recommendation goes to the Engineer.

Remember, they don't necessarily need to be carrying this ammo on them; this is a future where nanites can build anything out of practically nothing (resources in the local vicinity broken down into their base elements I assume). Engineers are already toting around a crap ton of nanites, what's a few more that create ammo?

It also means that assault classes will be reliant upon Engineers to help keep the bullets flowing and Medics to keep them alive.

I don't want to see Heavy Assaults going lone wolf all over the place and just resupplying themselves. I saw that in one of the Battlefield games I think and it was dumb.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-06-09, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

Personally, it doesn't mater which class it goes with. Most likely Engineer if I had to choose.

All I want is that the number of uses is limited to one or two per inventory station usage. Does not contain Grenades or deployables. No infinite ammo from thin air.

Last edited by Shade Millith; 2012-06-09 at 10:02 AM.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Immigrant View Post
It is said in OP that the subject of being able to supply at all is somewhat controversial, however that's not the question here.
It is very much the question. This poll only supposes people are okay with ammo packs. It diminishes the role of equip term hacking and setting up hard resupply points.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

I suppose I should explain my post. Most people will be playing in outfits(Including me, just joined the vindicators. yey) and surely will supply each other. Besides I doubt lone wolves would be THAT stupid to not supply anyone. As for the E3 demo, Not everyone was shown in the stream, mostly lone wolves other than those slick galaxy drops from the NC. Not many medics or light classes(Ok, they were more than a few, but not in a squad.)

In conclusion, I think we should still be waiting for beta. Not to say you don't have any valid points, because you do, but as we all know E3 wasn't the real thing.

As for my vote, I voted LA because they are the most manvue- manvera- m- THEY HAVE JUMPJETS MAN!

Last edited by ThermalReaper; 2012-06-09 at 10:07 AM.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
It is very much the question. This poll only supposes people are okay with ammo packs. It diminishes the role of equip term hacking and setting up hard resupply points.
Not in this thread, make a new one if you wish to see how many people support ammo field resupplies. This poll supposes nothing, it simply asks you what class would be most appropriate - it does not ask you if you want ammo boxes or not.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Figment
Lieutenant General

Why don't you understand that None, All, Several, New Class and Other are also choices you could have?

I can't vote on this poll in its current state, it is too oriented on maintaining or tweaking the status quo.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Crustion
Private

I voted for the current LA.

The Engineer and Medic already have thier own niche of revives/repairs/deployables where as once inside a facility/guarding objectives the LA brings very little to the group table. I dont think we want Engineer's resupplying there own huge Max bodyguards.

To help promote the team-playing aspect you could always change the ammo packs to only resupply other players, not yourself.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

What resupplies you then? It's a great idea though.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

I think HA. They are going to be a mainstay of infantry forces and they don't currently have a support role.

Also They are meant to have lots of firepower so I think it makes sense to give them resupply.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
GuyFawkes
First Sergeant

Why don't you understand that None, All, Several, New Class and Other are also choices you could have?

I can't vote on this poll in its current state, it is too oriented on maintaining or tweaking the status quo.
same

can I add 'random' to the equation, might as well .Spare ammo appears in a random target
Old 2012-06-09, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Johari
Staff Sergeant

Ever since Neurotoxin posted the pictures with the cert trees I've calmed down a little about this topic. Why? Because the Engineers can choose to deploy a Mobile Armaments Supply Terminal. Maybe make this deploy able Unlimited ammo resupply while the LA is a one or two time drop.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Daimond
Private

Engineer - Is my selection, as I stated months ago about as to why. I see them as a re-arm/Repair class, that would carry around a number Nanite canasters that can be used to either repair or drop ammo. this way should balance out the though of save canasters to repair or -rearm guys. can have its own tree for amount of canasters they can carry even.

Just seems silly to me to let any Assualt class drop ammo, if they let LA do it then they should give the ability to all assualt classes eg LA, HA nd maxes makes just as much sence. Just dont like that idea at all.

Last edited by Daimond; 2012-06-09 at 10:27 AM.
Old 2012-06-09, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Immigrant
First Lieutenant

Why won't you understand/accept the fact that that wasn't the question (I wanted to ask) here? As I said if you want to pose a different question make a new poll, I don't understand your problem and refuse to debate on this particular matter further.

Not voting is a legitimate choice too and I respect your opinion. You don't have to vote in every single poll on this forum you know..
Old 2012-06-09, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Johari View Post
Ever since Neurotoxin posted the pictures with the cert trees I've calmed down a little about this topic. Why? Because the Engineers can choose to deploy a Mobile Armaments Supply Terminal. Maybe make this deploy able Unlimited ammo resupply while the LA is a one or two time drop.
I didn't notice that.

IMO, remove ammo boxes entirely then. The engineer will deploy supply terminals and it will be the responsibility of troops to protect those terminals, conserve ammo, and return for more ammo if necessary.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-06-09, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rexdezi
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThermalReaper View Post
What resupplies you then? It's a great idea though.
another LA? I suppose that would encourage team play. Although I am in favour of giving the ammo drops to the Heavy Assault's... right now, they have a somewhat negligent role... You want to take out Infantry with a HA? Why not use a MAX equipped for Anti Infantry...
You want to take out aircraft/armour with the HA's rocket launcher? Why not use an AA/AT MAX?
Give the HA ammo drops and it actually gives them a useful role.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion